ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Storm grey 172/182 nearly finished...

Clio 172 Cup
Nice! What are the specs of those front tyres and where are the wheels from? At some point I'm after some smaller tyres for the winter so i don't scratch my turinis!
Ta.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I know what you mean about the cars is that big old Merc still sitting next to it in the picture?

Ha! Hi jeff. I hope the car is doing you proud? The merc is still there, still not been touched! He's filled up two more spaces with a 1970's defender and a 1970's Scimitar. God knows what for.

finish on that rear beam looks good! is it powdercoated?

Its been painted using 2 pack. Rover Red, same as the cage.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Properly f**king cool. Is this Sam's as in the bloke that camped at CSS?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm not sure I can say tbh!

They were designed by a very well respected man on here!

Ibiza FR Edition
Ha! Hi jeff. I hope the car is doing you proud? The merc is still there, still not been touched! He's filled up two more spaces with a 1970's defender and a 1970's Scimitar. God knows what for.

There can't be much room in there now then! Yeah it's been great thanks, not missed a beat, had the tracking done as potholes were taking their toll, and changed the tyres to PE3s (one of which had a nail in last week which I had to replace), but obviously of no fault of the car!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oh my.

I think this thing looks a little bit epic....

(magnesium speedlines from a race car. A bit battle scarred but will be refurbed)

48535b02.jpg

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
This thread pisses me off because each time im itching to see more! Please take 100 pictures, it looks unreal, i wish mine was this colour!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mate, you need to see it in the flesh.

Every single nut and bolt has been thought about. I think he's got a bit of autism, he's that fussy!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
it really does look amazing! how much would it cost do you think for a 182 to be sprayed like this?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Will this be at CSS? Looks awesome.

Thats his aim. He never took a car last year (he had to passenger in the ratvan RIP) so wants to make it there this year. Sadly it will be on a trailer though as it won't be road leagal.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Amazing! I love storm Gray! Best colour ever IMO

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Popped down today to pick a car up and he's been a busy boy again today!

837deb7b.jpg

907e2859.jpg

c4508c11.jpg

907e2859.jpg

120a7f3f.jpg

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome tbh!

Although I can't help but think the effort he's gone through to make it all look perfect then he has those shitty old coolant hoses on it. I'm assuming they're temporary?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Awesome tbh!

Although I can't help but think the effort he's gone through to make it all look perfect then he has those s**tty old coolant hoses on it. I'm assuming they're temporary?

Yes, they're only in there until he's worked out whats going where.

Pointless buying samco's and then having to chop them about.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, they're only in there until he's worked out whats going where.

Pointless buying samco's and then having to chop them about.

All looks like its in the standard place to me...

Nevertheless glad he's thought it through :) look forward to seeing the end result. I love this autistic/OCD attention to detail certain people have :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Brilliant.

Not sure if you've said Dan, is this going to be road legal?

Megane r26
Just browsed through the while thread, looks great an the contrast of colours is good. Really good to see some one taking there time an putting alot of effort in no doubt. The attention is flawless. Keep it up.