ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Southend Meet...

mk2 ph1 1.6 16v MTV
Yeah that's the one! I havnt arranged a time with scarysquirrel yet once I do I'll let you know what time we will meet you! Is that ok?

Looking for 182
That lay by looks like a decent place to meet for the people coming through Tonbridge way. I believe Rob is working out times for the convoy so we'll wait for him to confirm :)

mk2 ph1 1.6 16v MTV
Yeah it is! It's where I normally meet people when I go to Southend! Ok I'll keep an eye on this thread or you can pm me :)

BMW 320d M-Sport
Think I've gotta pull out of this now. Going up to see Man Utd v Birmingham that day won't be back for ages. Grrr!

BMW M Lite
With regards to convoy etiquette etc. I would recommend sticking to speed limits (on the way there at least).

There are average speed cameras, fixed cameras and on saturday nights mobile cameras operating in Southend on a saturday night. Unless you know the area you may come unstuck...

It also attracts ALOT of stolen/uninsured cars, unlicenced drivers, general chavs/lunatics and therefore many old bill, in both marked and unmarked (sometimes modified to blend in believe it or not!) cars.

Of course this is just my opinion in an attempt to look out for anyone coming. It is ultimately your licence/car/insurance and I will definately not be lecturing or critisising anyone if they have some fun, or get pulled!

Usually there's plenty of quieter, less inhabitated areas for a bit of play that people travel to though...

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
That lay-by is quite small, especially if there is a lorry there, how many people are meeting at it?

mk2 ph1 1.6 16v MTV
So we are meeting in southend at 7.30! What time are we planning to meet at the halfway house on A127?? just I wanna work out a time for us to meet down here!! :)

Looking for 182
I think Rob is in the process of working out convoy meeting times, so I think we might have to wait for him to confirm. I could be wrong though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Meeting times will be sorted by this time tomorrow.

For those meeting down in tonbridge etc, you'll need to work it out yourself, but I'll give times for the places along my way and hopefully it'll all run smoothly.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I know this is in Southend, but do we have a postcode? need to see if I will be joining the convoy.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Thank you Dash! I will be seeing you all at the A127 meeting point :)

:approve:

Also, in the interests of dedication = reward, I'll supply a clio related prize to the person that has travelled the furthest to attend this.
How it will work: If you think you're a contender for this, pm me with your postcode and i'll do a route planner thing to see how far away you are. Don't think you can come up with a random far away postcode though, as i'll be checking!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
:approve:

Also, in the interests of dedication = reward, I'll supply a clio related prize to the person that has travelled the furthest to attend this.
How it will work: If you think you're a contender for this, pm me with your postcode and i'll do a route planner thing to see how far away you are. Don't think you can come up with a random far away postcode though, as i'll be checking!

Brian, what about if I fly back from hamburg, and then jump in the Clio and drive? Can I give you the hamburg post code?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Brian, what about if I fly back from hamburg, and then jump in the Clio and drive? Can I give you the hamburg post code?

Try it, I'll let you know on saturday if I decide to disqualify you!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
If I went the wrong way round the M25 would I win?

I don't think so. Did I tell you what the prize was? (I can't remember) It would be cheaper if you just bought one from the shop I think

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Please take note that the times on this are the times the convoy will be leaving the place in question, if you're not here by that time, then you'll be making your own way.

We can't wait for everyone, if everyone is five minutes late, we'll be over an hour late at the other end.

Here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...51.449822,0.122287&spn=0.003544,0.010568&z=17

Myself, Steve@Rsport, Smitchell and mitchlynch1981 meet at the Danson Entrance for the A2.

18:40

Here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...,0.279872&sspn=0.003544,0.010568&ie=UTF8&z=17

Meet adam172, MikeB, Willdot and Dan'. Leave Greenhithe Mcdonalds (two minutes away from Bluewater shopping centre)

From here we drive on the m25, over the bridge etc towards the A127, we'll stop on the A127 at the Halfway House as it has a big car park and we'll meet.

19:10

Here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=CM13%2B3LL&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Brentwood+CM13+3LL,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.579896,0.355554&spn=0.014134,0.042272&z=15&iwloc=A

This is where those from other locations join, M1 guys, A21 guys, anyone else. A127 at the Halfway House

Leave the halfway house and head for Southend with those who will have joined us elsewhere

Then straight onto Southend

We should be about 5-10 minutes late (i.e 7:40) but this way I've included a few more members.

Megane 225 F1
Awesome :D

Dan. I just mapped it on teh netz and it's best if you come down to me first (this does mean you travel the furthest though :( )