ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West RR Day

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
tbh im gonna turn up but not go on the RR just to see what happens at these things and meet up with a few of the south west lot again, if i put it on the RR i would just end up spending money trying to change my numbers for the next time lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
My only objection really is that Roche is a b**ch to me personally to get to, so I probably wouldnt bother going all that way just for 5 mins on the dyno but that'll be an issue to someone wherever you do it and at least at Celtic its good for the devon and cornwall members.

I have heard stories from Celtic....one f**ked mk5 golf GTI. Refusing to let low cars on etc. But I haven't actually heard of any dynos in Devon or Cornwall that have 100% records

And a 306 dyno graph

https://plus.google.com/photos/1149...09/5821884929278740514?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1

Much rather go to AJs for RR day. Yes he's had his issues for work to cars but not heard of any rr horror stories?

AP or whatever its called is well known for not caring about peoples cars (I've been to rr days there and witnessed doors constantly being open onto stuff by operators)
Celtic as above
AJ as with the rest of the thread
RK - Seriously over ran for my 182 and probably a bit far for some members.

Not sure what else is left?

PB Clio 172
As above, with everything I've heard about AJ, you couldn't pay me to touch that place with an extra long extendable bargepole.

How he still gets business is beyond me. But that's just my opinion, I guess they couldn't find a way to break anything at a RR day, but if anyone could it'd be AJ.

I agree with you 100% on this

HBT 172 Cup
Lol still waiting to hear reasons :p (i dont care, just intrigued). He honed a couple of my engine blocks and hot tanked them, did a decent job, his workshop is pretty cool!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Does it actually need to be anymore than just people not liking the bloke that runs it and hence not wanting to give him their cash? lol

No it doesn't so it shall end here,

Also I have been given other ideas of places.

It mainly deals with classic and new race cars so low cars won't be a problem, but the dyno only reads to 270bhp, but with it being race car orientated it should be more precise no?

I know maybe 1 or 2 turbo/s-charged guys might be reaching its limits here but I think it would be good for the majority working at under that level.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Link

http://www.tiptongarage.co.uk/

Let us know what you think about this place.

I know quite a few people who have used them for car preperation and really rate their professionalism and service etc, Ive no idea if the rollers are accurate or not, but Im up for it if we go there.

rollers reading to a max of 270 will make it interesting as hopefully I can max them on the turbo, bet they wont expect a clio to do that, FLOL

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I know quite a few people who have used them for car preperation and really rate their professionalism and service etc, Ive no idea if the rollers are accurate or not, but Im up for it if we go there.

rollers reading to a max of 270 will make it interesting as hopefully I can max them on the turbo, bet they wont expect a clio to do that, FLOL

Great stuff :) I will get onto them then.

I would love to see a Clio max out there rollers! It would make for great viewing lol

Looking at there pictures hight of the car won't be a problem as they have plenty of lotus's on there.

CLIO 182 CUP
Tipton is a very good professional place. I've had head work done on my corsa. Ill be up for putting mine on there rollers

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Just spoke to them, they seem really up for us to come and have a day there as they really want to open up to the Clio market.

They supply 2 wheel drive runs.

It's going to be in February (waiting for them to confirm when they have a day for us as its going to be a Cliosport.net only day :) )

It's going to be about £20 for a power run.

They also set the target of maxing out there rollers which is set at 240BHP at the wheels, anyone think they can do it?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
thanks for picking this up Dan, I will leave it in your capable hands now as you seem to be on the ball :) I will put my name down on your new thread once its up :) Also I see Emma is part-arranging a RR with another forum?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ps
Can I be selfish and suggest 16th or 17th march as its about the only weekend in the next couple of months that me and Lesley can make.

No worries if it can't be then if it doesn't suit others. But it's worth a try!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I think most of us want to see what your car produces on the rollers and hear the beast roar (know I would like to anyway) :) I'm happy with the 16/17th march if its possible.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Seems fine to me. I'd like to see whether mine can break the magic 50bhp mark, or in fact even turn the rollers, so I'll stick myself down as a reserve - I'm not going to get in the way of someone rollering a 1*2 so that everyone can see a 1.2.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
If march is a better time for people I shall move it back a month and put a more localised meet in February instead to fill the gap.

Is march the 16th a good date for the majority of people? (Has to be a Saturday as I don't think they are open on Sundays but will find out 2moz)

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Would be worth £20 just to watch and laugh mate, might want to adjust the gearing in the hamster wheel for it :clown:

Sounds good with me :approve:

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I'm also hoping there will be some classic and new race cars left out for us to poke about in :)

Should be good for some pictures :)

172 cup
Definitely up for putting mine on, I've been contemplating it for 4 years now... And for £20 it'd be rude not to!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Seems fine to me. I'd like to see whether mine can break the magic 50bhp mark, or in fact even turn the rollers, so I'll stick myself down as a reserve - I'm not going to get in the way of someone rollering a 1*2 so that everyone can see a 1.2.

Dont worry about only having a 1.2 mate, if you want a spot on the rollers the list will be first come first serve and if it came down to it and we had one car over on the allowed amount I will pull myself out as I am organising it for you guys.