ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West RR Day

PB Clio 172
Maybe your car wasn't tuned right and being held flat on the rollers anywhere would have killed it.
Me and aj don't get on at all and I don't want to go there myself particularly tbh, but i don't see how it's his fault your car died during just a power run?

its more than just this though, I will get told off if I say so, maybe I will tell you when I see you again chip lol

HBT 172 Cup
Mtec's RR setup at FCS was jokeworthy. No cooling fan at all, nothing! Cars under reading, overheating and steaming out the bonnet. My mate chucked his mk1 clio turbo on and it produced the weirdest power graph ive seen (and under powered by 100bhp), detonation ahoy! Evidently just there to take peoples money.

Of course im sure there workshop has a fan, just did'nt strike a good impression in the slightest. Avoid tbh.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Rollers at car shows are a waste of time in general really, wouldn't let that put you off, no reflection on how the rollers operate in the workshop.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm not really convinced that's fair comment, surely punters at that sort of thing realise its just a bit of fun and a chance to show everyone what your car sounds like. Lol.

ive yet to meet anyone with rollers who didn't buy them intending to make money though. So I guess money grabber applies to all really?

tbh I doubt they did more than cover their costs in reality though, was just a fun day out for them I would imagine.

Peugeot 308
Haven't read through this thread,

But if anythings organized, I could be interested in making up some numbers with my Vts.

182 Cup
This made me lol, fact iirc!!
Certainly knows his s**t
Some say everytime he sneezes a turtle dies and that at 10G's he can moonwalk, all i know is he's called...........
THE CHIP

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
lol. back on topic...

My visit to Dave Baskerville's went well. He seems to be a very nice guy who is willing to accommodate. the only downsides I saw is that there is currently no viewing room (they are in the process of getting this ready apparently as they have just moved) and £36 only got me 1 run on the dyno. After SharkyUK explained my readouts to me, its seems fair to say the MAHA system they use is perfectly adequate for general testing needs. They also have a large area for parking, although the waiting room is very small so would ne be usable.

So to sum up (out of 10):

Quality of service: 9.
Value for money: 5.
Parking: 10

fastdanbar, do you want to start the poll so we can choose a suitable garage?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
lol. back on topic...

My visit to Dave Baskerville's went well. He seems to be a very nice guy who is willing to accommodate. the only downsides I saw is that there is currently no viewing room (they are in the process of getting this ready apparently as they have just moved) and £36 only got me 1 run on the dyno. After SharkyUK explained my readouts to me, its seems fair to say the MAHA system they use is perfectly adequate for general testing needs. They also have a large area for parking, although the waiting room is very small so would ne be usable.

So to sum up (out of 10):

Quality of service: 9.
Value for money: 5.
Parking: 10

fastdanbar, do you want to start the poll so we can choose a suitable garage?

thats good news that it went well, do you have an address and phone number for this place? if its the price that has become this places down fall that might be able to change with the idea of bringing at least a group of 10 cars :)

was there anywhere to get food around there as well?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
There's a rolling road day organised in early feb,

Emma has sent a PM about it to everyone but if you haven't received one just PM Emma or me for details :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Me and Alan dont see eye to eye after I had to correct a mapping job they did many years ago, so Im not up for going there either.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
There will be another RR day that won't be at this venue soon after.

This is just an opportunity for people through Emma's contacts.

Thanks for clearing that up Dan :)

This isn't a Cliosport day, just an opportunity for a cheap rolling road that I though a few people might of been interested in. Ill be going down to say hello but I doubt I'll run my car. I had mine on a rolling road the other week elsewhere.

For anyone who is interested here are the details copied from Facebook

First Devon & Cornwall Meet of 2013!
Rolling Road Day @ Engine Tuner (Plymouth)

It's going to be £25 for 2 runs and a print out, will need to know roughly how many people are looking to roll to give them a heads up - you pay on the day!
Wil l also have a photographer on site taking pictures, with the potential of having a photoshoot afterwards depending on the time & weather.

let me know if you are going to come join in and I'll let my friend know how many to expect :)

LY 172
Before everyone gets put off
Ill be their. Used his rolling road about 10 times so far without a problem. :)

For anyone who is interested here are the details copied from Facebook

First Devon & Cornwall Meet of 2013!
Rolling Road Day @ Engine Tuner (Plymouth)

It's going to be £25 for 2 runs and a print out, will need to know roughly how many people are looking to roll to give them a heads up - you pay on the day!
Wil l also have a photographer on site taking pictures, with the potential of having a photoshoot afterwards depending on the time & weather.

let me know if you are going to come join in and I'll let my friend know how many to expect :)

Ffs I'm useless!!

its on February 2nd from 11am

CLIO 182 CUP
I dont no what all the fuss is about. Ive put a few clios on the rollers. As all we want todo is make accurate bhp figures. My mate has put a 12 plate evo 10 360. It has only 1500 miles from new it made 358.9 bhp And also put my old white 172 on there it made 177.4 bhp & my clio 182 made 174.6 bhp after chips map i want to see if ive made any more lol. If you think you have big bhp heres the place to prove it lol

mosley182 In

I've had my 182 on there and made 177.9b before.

For a rolling road session, AJ will give a realistic figure....unlike somewhere down here who said I was running 206.5bhp lol

HBT 172 Cup
I've had my 182 on there and made 177.9b before.

For a rolling road session, AJ will give a realistic figure....unlike somewhere down here who said I was running 206.5bhp lol

Which rolling road was that? RK Engineering?

My old ITB engine made 175bhp at AJ's with a cracked piston ring land lol

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Might come to this as its just down the road, and would be curious to see what mine runs at.

Peugeot 308
So why are so many people jumping out of this? I can understand chips stand, but the rest?

I was interested in going, but its a fair trek... Dont really fancy wasting my time if its going to be shite.

Also, in regards to a RR venue, if Ktec arnt desirable, then theres a Veysport just round the corner that seemed alright.

PB Clio 172
So why are so many people jumping out of this? I can understand chips stand, but the rest?

I was interested in going, but its a fair trek... Dont really fancy wasting my time if its going to be shite.

Because its horror story after the other. Over the years the amount of people he has ripped off and screwed with their cars is un real
;;
I have many a horror story but won't bore you with them all. Not putting people off just I wouldnt go there and many agree with me. Just friendly advice

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
As above, with everything I've heard about AJ, you couldn't pay me to touch that place with an extra long extendable bargepole.

How he still gets business is beyond me. But that's just my opinion, I guess they couldn't find a way to break anything at a RR day, but if anyone could it'd be AJ.

LY 172
End of the day it's a Rolling road day.
He's not messing around with any engines so couldn't break anything.

Don't forget it's not just a CS RR day.
Their will be plenty of other cars attending with Extreme. And local Plymouth guys.