ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy unpacked event

Not exactly a looker is it. At least they have stopped copying Apple for its top end devices. Still plastic which is a shame and still using the wrong screen. I'll reserve full judgement until I use one in a few weeks but it seems like it could have an iPhone 4S feel about the launch. Nice improvement but nothing really new.

I feel this could be an issue in the future of all mobiles, what else can they add to them to make you go wow?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I think it looks quite nice, i'm disappointed that its still plastic though, not sure what you mean by wrong screen? AMOLED looks so much nicer imo.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Looks alreet to me to... Until I get to have a play with it that is all

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Not a huge fan of the styling but it has the specs I was looking for: HD AMOLED, quad core, large battery, sd slot. Looks like I'm leaving the HTC fold finally.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Screen is pentile. Massive fail.

Aside from that, nice spec.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice spec, as was the GsII.

I can't believe the size of some of those Samsung phones. I don't have massive hands. :eek:

Mito Sportiva 135
I have the S2, this looks a step-up but no game changer...but hopefully by the time my upgrade is due the S4 will be out.

Agreed on dislike of plastic, yes it is lighter but doesn't add to the "premium" feel.

Also I find the AMOLED screen on my S2 better than the retina screen as colours are more vibrant...both quality though, let's be honest!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Ohh, you think that other one never fails? I have that, its rubbish and the thousands of youtube videos about it would also seem to agree. I expect S voice to be complete rubbish also. (and did you notice they've gone all that other company on their naming? "S voice" "S Beam" etc?

May 30th in this country I believe.

It's not perfect and I didn't say it never fails. But it certainly didn't fail the demo infront of key press and a worldwide audience.

I'll rarely use any sort of speech thing but it does seem fairly accurate. Of course there's going to be YouTube videos of the failures. Nobody is going to post a video of something working perfectly as that's boring.

All the 'S' stuff is just to confuse people in the hope they'll have heard someone mention an S at some point and then they buy a Samsung by mistake.

30th isn't too far away. Ships with ICS I presume? When will it get JellyBelly or will that be Galaxy IV only?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL. i did chuckle.

Wireless media streaming via a extra box - Sounds familiar
Music cloud storage - Sounds familiar
Voice recognition based assistant with purple hue - Sounds familiar
Near "Instant" camera - Sounds familiar

I'd much rather they innovate. but there you go, they aspire to be someone else, someone successful to boot.

I'll just leave this here.......

Apple-iPhone-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S-3.jpg

Honestly though both phones and companies copy successful ideas off each other. I was eagerly waiting the S3 but nothing made me go WOW I want this phone. For me Samsung didn't deliver. Yes the numbers are high but that isn't what I want in a phone. I hope the iPhone integrates more between apps - such automatically updating Facebook profile pictures (I know there are 3rd party apps for this), telling me they are online when I open their contact page etc. I think a 0.5inch screen increase will be excellent too, depends how they can integrate apps at current resolutions though.

I know Windows phone does the integration thing brilliantly - just a shame I can't stand it.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Ohh, you think that other one never fails? I have that, its rubbish and the thousands of youtube videos about it would also seem to agree. I expect S voice to be complete rubbish also. (and did you notice they've gone all that other company on their naming? "S voice" "S Beam" etc?

May 30th in this country I believe.

29th :p

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
21 posts.. iPhone in a Samsung thread... await the crying.

2014 Focus Titanium
Wireless media streaming via a extra box - Sounds familiar
Music cloud storage - Sounds familiar
Voice recognition based assistant with purple hue - Sounds familiar
Near "Instant" camera - Sounds familiar

FLOL. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
A revolutionary phone is no longer possible, the upgrades now will come from doing what other phones can do all in one phone and better than the other phones.

Apple have stolen various ideas from others and improved them just like samsung have, calling everyone else sheep was a big PR mistake though after what they revealed and they really wasted the opportunity they had to stamp their mark over apple before the new iphone is released later in the year.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Are you telling me the iPhone 4 wasn't another game changer?

Revolutionary? That's opinion. Just because it's the same idea being improved on doesn't mean it's not a new pinnacle.

There will be more revolutionary phones. In the years to come.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
What? iphone 4 a gamechanger? not sure if SRS?

I had a 3GS, I then got an iPhone 4, better screen, loads things a bit faster, it wasn't the "wow this is amazing" that I had when I got my first iPhone it was just a "this is a nice improvement" which is the same reaction people will always have with new phones now unless someone comes up with something else that is truely mindblowing which noone can even think of right now.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So there will be another revolutionary phone then? Just you can't think of it at the moment?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Can someone quote him so I can see what he said...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
the HTC Desire was the first decent Android phone that really brought the OS to the mainstream, I had one when they came out' my Mrs still has hers

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
how many people own/owned a Desire and how many people own/owned a Nexus, the HTC was a lot more popular