ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to get best price on S23 Ultra? Existing Network being annoying..

Mk1
Hi guys,

Just after some advice on getting the best deal going for a S23 Ultra 512GB model..

Currently, on Uswitch mobile I have seen a deal with "Three" who, funnily enough, I've been with for 8+ years...

The deal is 24 months, 100GB data, £749 upfront and then £16 monthly. Total cost = £1133.

This is mental to me as the phone alone is £1400.

When I speak to the upgrade/leaving team at Three, it takes me 30 minutes to get anywhere, and the best they can offer is £65 a month for the same thing, meaning the overall cost is £1560, quite a chunk of difference.... I got them down from £78 originally too (Ha!!!)

So, how do I get the cheap deal via uswitch?

Do I need to go PAYG with another network, transfer my PAC to keep my number for a few days, and then proceed with the deal as if I was a new customer? I've never done this but am happy to try it for £400/500 quid saving...

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s23-ultra-deals/?variant=512gb-phantom-black

OR I can go to ID mobile and just proceed and see what happens? This is the same deal but for £1179 overall, and I guess I won't need to faff about with SIM cards as I'll just be a new customer to them?

https://www.mobiles.co.uk/samsung-g...VJOALFEB23&sort=total_cost_after_cashback_asc

Many thanks guys.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I’d ask three whether if you get another plan on their network you can transfer your current number over to that new plan.

If they say yes, job done. Get new phone on new plan, transfer number, cancel old plan.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It was the same with 02 on the S22u. £30 per month (2 years) for 160gb instead of £50+ for 30gb or so that O2 direct wanted (3 years)

It took a week of many phone calls but I eventually kept my number after taking the contract through AO. It should have been a simple swap but it wasn't.

You should be able to take the contract out with the cheapest people and transfer your number to your new SIM.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Your calculations aren't including any inflationary increases by the way.

The phone can be had regularly for £850-900, plus a SIMO with ID, say £10 for 24m for that data, haven't checked, I get 30gb for £8.... £1090-£1140 and they don't increase the price after 12 months.

Might even get some free buds depending on the offer at the time.
If you dont want to wait, then shifting via a payg sim will work

Ultimately, you're trying to save £40 over 24m, £1.67 a month, only you can determine if that's worth your time.

And as I said previously, the phone was never worth £1400, remove that idea from your head, even at launch it was sold at £840.
In June, £269 upfront, £27pm/24m, less £150 trade in +£35 Top Cashback, put the device at £742 with unlimited everything on 3.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

The phone can be had regularly for £850-900, plus a SIMO with ID, say £10 for 24m for that data, haven't checked, I get 30gb for £8.... £1090-£1140 and they don't increase the price after 12 months.

Ultimately, you're trying to save £40 over 24m, £1.67 a month, only you can determine if that's worth your time.

And as I said previously, the phone was never worth £1400, remove that idea from your head, even at launch it was sold at £840.
In June, £269 upfront, £27pm/24m, less £150 trade in +£35 Top Cashback, put the device at £742 with unlimited everything on 3.
I think the chap said he wanted a 512gb model which I can't find for cheaper than £1.4k

Fwiw definitely stick with a 512gb model, I held out on the s22 ultra 512 and so glad I did. I've had the phone 19 months and haven't had to delete a single thing

997.1, Caddy, e208
I think the chap said he wanted a 512gb model which I can't find for cheaper than £1.4k

Fwiw definitely stick with a 512gb model, I held out on the s22 ultra 512 and so glad I did. I've had the phone 19 months and haven't had to delete a single thing
Its RRP is £1,400, it never really sold for that.

Mk1

I have no idea where your finding these figures mate, is this for the normal S23 or something? The Ultra 512GB? The best deals atm are like £1100 over 2 years I can't believe there was one for £742 overall lol.

I know you seem to find good deals outright but I can't find any meaningful discounts on it really unless you go to some dodgy looking sites 🤔😂

Just trying to find the best way to proceed with three being proper annoying wanting a near 50% mark up lol

997.1, Caddy, e208
Right now there isn't a brilliant deal that I can see, but I'm not actively looking, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Samsung release their next £300-500 discount

997.1, Caddy, e208
Yeah, just checked epp, £1259 device cost (all colours including limited ones) but the trade in isn't guaranteed, so you can't send in a broken one.

Personally I'd wait, but do stop comparing it to a £1400 retail price, as nobody should've ever paid that.

997.1, Caddy, e208
And just to show I'm not insane

The original deal I went for

Now I think the best deal is through Samsung direct, £150 guaranteed trade in on any s**t, 15% off birthday code (£7 to buy) - but this is more expensive than a contract, which means the deals on offer from Samsung are crap at the minute.

My s23u cost £1050, got £150 trade in for an A300 I paid £3 for from ebay & got a £300 Adidas voucher.

I got my q990b for £484 with one of their deals. Wait a month and something will come up <£1k, I'm sure.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Screenshot_20230722_171204_Chrome.jpg

It really is never £1400, unless you want to pay that.

997.1, Caddy, e208

£150 guaranteed trade in for any android at Samsung, any condition, say £5 from ebay.

£1099-150+5 = £954

That brings the device cost inline with the contract with 3 at £1133 (£1158 if there's a 10% uplift in April) and gives a bit more flexibility over the sim plan.

These may also work (haven't checked t&cs) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334952403234
That would take the device cost down to £914+sim plan.

Samsung will still run another high value offer soon though.

Mk1
Great thanks guys.

In the end I have kept my S21 Ultra and gone SIM only with ID mobile for a massive.... £10 a month rolling monthly

This gives me the flexibility to either buy the phone outright if a good deal comes up like you have shown...

Or... I can now be a 'new' customer back to Three and get the better deal via uswitch / mobiles / anything cheap hahaha

So much for customer loyalty ehhhhh!

Nice one

997.1, Caddy, e208
The beauty of the ID mobile SIMO plans is that they have yet to add an inflationary increase.
Sounds trivial but it's over 10% these days

Mk1
Honestly couldn't believe it, I've got 70GB data a month (5G) unlimited everything else for £10. Also includes for roaming which Three now don't do.

I also got referred so will get a £10 voucher, and via quidco got £8 cashback :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mk1
is this legit?

£879 for a S23 ultra 512GB.....

Website looks a tad dodge but reviews seem ok, unless they are fake lol

Mk1

Holy crap, your a genius. That's a superb price.
I can trade in my S21 ultra for £340 to them (They giving an extra £50 bonus)

Making a 512GB version just £809

Even better, buy via Quidco and they have 10% cashback on all Samsung phones ends tomorrow... so in theory I could get it for £729 overall. BOOM.

Mk1
Or even the 1TB version would be £900 overall.. should futureproof me for a while and I can stay on £10 pm PAYG sim with ID mobile. Win. Cheers!

997.1, Caddy, e208
£869 on epp
Less £150 for a £5 shitter from ebay
Sell S21u to phone recycling for £285

£440 for a 512gb

997.1, Caddy, e208
I don't know if you bought it, if you didn't, I have £75 off epp you can buy for £50 to make it even cheaper