ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sad times.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The V6 Clio really is a car we will never see the likes of again. As you say, it will keep on going up in value and, the more all this electric nonsense is forced on us, the more people will crave things like this. Must have been a riot driving it in the Alps. Would love to do another road trip to that part of the world.
Too right. The thing with the electric stuff is the pretence of it all being wonderful. Imagine the majority of us who are into cars being force fed a diet of burgers, KFC and Nandos - then being advocated to about how marvellous the lettuce leaf is. We'll never take that onboard - even if the EV has shot off ahead and disappeared over the horizon. It simply isn't the same.

They could stop production of a limited-run LEAF tomorrow and what would be worth more in 10 years time? The Nissan milk-float or a moderately quick Clio with a Laguna engine in the wrong place? My money would be on the Frenchie.

If I didn't have to sell the car @Ash. - I wouldn't. Something like that gets under your skin and its a pain to see it go. That said, you mentioned you hadn't felt the same about it for a while. You've probably reached that right time to sell on anyway...

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Too right. The thing with the electric stuff is the pretence of it all being wonderful. Imagine the majority of us who are into cars being force fed a diet of burgers, KFC and Nandos - then being advocated to about how marvellous the lettuce leaf is. We'll never take that onboard - even if the EV has shot off ahead and disappeared over the horizon. It simply isn't the same.

They could stop production of a limited-run LEAF tomorrow and what would be worth more in 10 years time? The Nissan milk-float or a moderately quick Clio with a Laguna engine in the wrong place? My money would be on the Frenchie.

If I didn't have to sell the car @Ash. - I wouldn't. Something like that gets under your skin and its a pain to see it go. That said, you mentioned you hadn't felt the same about it for a while. You've probably reached that right time to sell on anyway...

It was a funny one I didn't want to sell it but I just wasn't enjoying it the same as I use to. There was a couple of times I thought about selling it then changed my mind. Doing the rico rally in 2016 was the last love for it.
In 2015 i was thinking about selling it. So I thought let's do one last mega thing with it so
The rally it was. I wasn't looking to sell it just a few people knew how I was thinking.

But like you say the furture of Cars is going to be looking dull.
My last three cars that I've had I've not lost a penny out of them.
I don't think anything else that I'll be buying I'll be that lucky with.

A unit on Cockshades Enterprise Workshops near Crewe/Nantwich. I heard it before I saw it!

Well the car is staying local to that area.
You will more than likely see it again. The new owner will be using it every now and then.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Mine was on DG04 UUW. I lived in Burntwood in Staffordshire when I sold it - I bought it from Lookers Renault in Chester where I think it was a pre-reg.

Hi

1bcebd111271b9fd1f5af61f2ebe195f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Haha nearly mate that's the wrong blue! I've got on order a voodoo blue 991.2 gts c4 so you were nearly there. I've got nearly every extra apart from ceramic brakes.
Spent more on extras neatly than what I got for the clio.
There's only going to be 3 in voodoo blue.
Can't wait to see this then! Shame you picked the wrong blue

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Looks like you had a lot of fun in it! Love to do something like the Rico rally or a Euro road tour with others.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks like you had a lot of fun in it! Love to do something like the Rico rally or a Euro road tour with others.

Just get one booked you will never look back I've done two rico rallies now can't wait for this years. I am going with a group of mates this year. In 4 or 6 cars it's a great trip and the people you meet along the way are great.

Voodoo blue - simply stunning :hearteyes:

Hopefully it's worth the wait.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Haha nearly mate that's the wrong blue! I've got on order a voodoo blue 991.2 gts c4 so you were nearly there. I've got nearly every extra apart from ceramic brakes.
Spent more on extras neatly than what I got for the clio.
There's only going to be 3 in voodoo blue.

Can’t wait to see that! It’s going to be absolutely stunning. Dream car for me that [emoji1303]

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
LOL, Hi!! - how's she doing?

She’s great! Tucked up in the garage at the minute, been SORN since the end of September.

Been promising myself I’ll drive it more as each year passes. Had it for just over 3 years & managed about 3k miles [emoji23]

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Can’t wait to see that! It’s going to be absolutely stunning. Dream car for me that [emoji1303]

As long as I don't sell it right away I'll bring it to a meet of some sort. I always thought it would be a dream of mine and that I'd never be able to get one. That's why i started selling my toys haha.

Should look a bit like this but with a black roof.

4e78deda1294b139ca8604715dd82876.jpg

f007f4f210d08e34541b80bf1afc658d.jpg

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
@Ash. you're mourning the sale of a f**king Clio with that on the way?

Bravo, sir. That's one hell of an upgrade!

Guess when you put it like that it sounds sad haha. But I did love that clio it was my dream car and I was never planning on getting rid of
It.

Just got to more cars to get rid of now before the next one comes. Yeah it's a bit of a upgrade I guess but I think I'll miss having the choice of cars to just jump into.

I give him 1/2 hour of driving the Porsche and he will not think twice about the Clio.

New car looks super.

It was amazing to drive the garage gave me one for the day and I loved it. Everywhere I stopped people looked at it and said nice car but I did get that with the clio.

The only thing that's pissed me off about dealing with Porsche is the garages that are local to me are total w*****s. So I've ended up dealing with cambridge.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
As long as I don't sell it right away I'll bring it to a meet of some sort. I always thought it would be a dream of mine and that I'd never be able to get one. That's why i started selling my toys haha.

Should look a bit like this but with a black roof.

4e78deda1294b139ca8604715dd82876.jpg

f007f4f210d08e34541b80bf1afc658d.jpg

Why would you sell it straight away?

Have you sold/ selling your bike too?

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Is it actual sacrilege to say I actually preferred the look of it with the stickers. :grin:
Those photos from the Alps are just stunning.

Not a bad upgrade anyway, looking forward to seeing some photos!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Is it actual sacrilege to say I actually preferred the look of it with the stickers. :grin:

My exact thoughts, the stickers and the Alps in the background...looks amazing!!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
My exact thoughts, the stickers and the Alps in the background...looks amazing!!

I did really like it with all the stickers on while I was on the trip. But once I they had been on a couple of weeks and back in England I did feel a bit of a dick driving it with the stickers on. So they had to come off.

Why would you sell it straight away?

Have you sold/ selling your bike too?

I won't sell the Harley, the Land Rover or the Boxster
I'd sell it right away because you can't order a new gts now and with mine being a very high spec it's likely that I could make a nice little profit selling it right away. I should have done it with the clubsport s but I still made money on that anyway.

Thanks,

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I did really like it with all the stickers on while I was on the trip. But once I they had been on a couple of weeks and back in England I did feel a bit of a dick driving it with the stickers on. So they had to come off.

I won't sell the Harley, the Land Rover or the Boxster
I'd sell it right away because you can't order a new gts now and with mine being a very high spec it's likely that I could make a nice little profit selling it right away. I should have done it with the clubsport s but I still made money on that anyway.

Thanks,

Nah surely not, order your dream car then sell it for a small profit in the grand scheme of things?

And good stuff, the Landy and the bike are 2 things a Porsche can’t compete with in what they do!

But why keep a boxster when you are getting a 911?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Nah surely not, order your dream car then sell it for a small profit in the grand scheme of things?

And good stuff, the Landy and the bike are 2 things a Porsche can’t compete with in what they do!

So that when he’s out in the boxster and someone says ‘it’s just a poor mans 911’ he can tell them to go f**k themselves.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep

100% i would sell it.
If I can make a profit on it I'd sell it. I can soon order another car. Everything is for sale at the right price. Dream car or not. 18 months ago I never thought I'd be able to order one anyway.

The landy I use for work so I won't get rid of that. The only thing I'll replace that with is another defender or a g wagon.
I wouldn't sell the bike purely because there's not point. It's not loosing much money and TBH it wouldn't bother me if it just stayed in the garage or in a bubble I'd like to find a nice 749 as well to just keep.

Why sell the Boxster? It's a completely different car and totally different to drive.

Rs200t lux
I remember racing one of these in my civic type r tuned 245bhp plus 100 shot of nitrous
The clio was dam fast and every time I flicked on the nitrous I flew away from him
But to be honest the civic was fast but I would have the v6 all day long
Every time I looked over at it in the pits I said to myself I’m going to buy one
Looks goods
Goes superb
Fun factor out of this world
What more do you want