ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sad times.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Some of you will already know I had been toying with the idea of selling the clio. Well just before Christmas the deal was done.
I know I've made a mistake as it's just going to be going up in value now. But I never got the car for a investment. I got it to enjoy it and enjoy it I did that's why I've made this thread to show some of the amazing times I had.
Anyone that's thinking about buying a v6 just do it. You will love it, not for its speed or handling but for what it is a silly little clio with a crappy v6 engine.

I drove mine as and when I wanted to. Snow, rain, wind, sun whatever the weather if I fancied driving it I did.
So here's some photos from over the years

51b3274a2c399f56d851e70c1bc44b23.jpg

1958c70b60bb468ce4f4700085b153c7.jpg

^One of my favourite photos of the car and more than likely the hardest day that it ever got driven.

555446d73f40ee57065f4ff53171da6b.jpg

433c433b226df2718b4a1f18e2a151c7.jpg

^First photo I got off a spotter.

8d224258fedbc98cea627b807e3fbdf1.jpg

5cc19a0a704cfd0f1aa0c969e67c3741.jpg

Last photo I ever took of it
793fb80aaeb73d7ab6d29005c5adfd60.jpg

063439bd267e21545ede2fde189e8e2a.jpg

f3e4bcc2b2fa368cec9025627faa3e68.jpg

2de724bf2ed604591c869770d4c3fbfa.jpg

c3ef065c45a590817f144123356c7b1d.jpg

Messing about with the exhaust. One thing the clio never did was let me down.

934d9cd2d2d741b1e1cfbf924c905d8f.jpg
873d648928b6f5db98b71c20ad2424db.jpg

e46c36fd46560e84018a3096ecf8cfb4.jpg

cc1365f22554fa41489c9413c29e5e9f.jpg

9ec2a551ce9cd047eaf9d1d18786fcc5.jpg

c3b16ca1e43b67f6f803e0de5d175514.jpg

It's really going to be missed but it's nice to know the new owner is enjoying it and it's part of a nice collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
It’s a shame you sold it tbh, it was one of the better ones out there!

But there are other cars that need trying out so always worth a switch around at some point!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Your wallet says YAY but your heart says NAY

It was certainly a lovely looking V6!

Not going to lie it was a very good deal for me haha. But the money didn't stay in my account for very long it went to good use for the next toy.

Luckily the new owner is a great guy so I'll see it fairly often and if I want to barrow it I'll be able to so the heart isn't feeling to bad. But it dose suck sometimes thinking I don't own it anymore. It was so much fun owning it.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
It’s a shame you sold it tbh, it was one of the better ones out there!

But there are other cars that need trying out so always worth a switch around at some point!

I'd have gladly kept it forever but my heart wasn't in the the last year or so of owning it Dan. Plus it was a good offer. I can always buy it back.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
The V6 Clio really is a car we will never see the likes of again. As you say, it will keep on going up in value and, the more all this electric nonsense is forced on us, the more people will crave things like this. Must have been a riot driving it in the Alps. Would love to do another road trip to that part of the world.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
A vee thst was used.

Looked ace

A vee that was used like it should have been. But it was still low mileage at 22000 miles.

Thanks it wasn't a bad looking but it sounded mega!

The V6 Clio really is a car we will never see the likes of again. As you say, it will keep on going up in value and, the more all this electric nonsense is forced on us, the more people will crave things like this. Must have been a riot driving it in the Alps. Would love to do another road trip to that part of the world.

It's gutting to think that no brand will be able to do anything like that ever again.
It was amazing driving around the Alps in it.
That was one of my goals when I first got it. I was very happy to tick it off the list. Funny thing was the police gave me no problems in it at all compared to everyone else. But it was great sitting at lunch after be chased up and down mountains and people saying that was amazing being able to follow it and hear it.

As for a trip just get one booked I've done two now. I am doing another this year and maybe one to Ireland or Scotland. Next year I am planning on doing two trips. Life's to short get one sorted out!!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Superb example, there's no way you could still it and not regret it. But as said there's lots of cars out there to try replace it with. How long had you owned it for?

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Yup.

The vee, The clubsport and the r32. The Abarth can do one. If you still even have it lol?

Still got the Abarth but I can't think when the last time I drove it.
Really miss the clubsport!!

Superb example, there's no way you could still it and not regret it. But as said there's lots of cars out there to try replace it with. How long had you owned it for?

There's no problem replacing it. I had it 10 years I think. I can't think if I was 19 or 20 when I got it.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Since me being on here I remember you having the car. Time flies by.

Your right it is mad how quick it's gone. It's also crazy to think that it made me join this club and make so many friends from it.
I don't think there's that many cars that will give me all of what that clio gave me. All the meets and good time i had in it.

I think I'll have to do a meet in the summer to see some of the old faces.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
10 years, wow. Longest I've owned a car is 2 years, and in March I'll have had my clio that long [emoji33]. So what's next then?

I usually only keep my cars Two or three years. Toys I keep until I've had enough or until something good comes along.
The next toy is still on order hopefully it'll be here by the end of April or the start of June.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I usually only keep my cars Two or three years. Toys I keep until I've had enough or until something good comes along.
The next toy is still on order hopefully it'll be here by the end of April or the start of June.
The vee must have really hot the spot then!
Type R next?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Nope, I did look at getting a gt3 but you have to have had a few cars from Porsche to get a build slot it seems.
Nothing used on the market mate or are they asking to much of a premium?

E92 M3, BG 182
Hi Ash, what was the original registration number of the V? (wondering if it was my car way back when)

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Nothing used on the market mate or are they asking to much of a premium?

I didn't really want a used one TBH. The gen1 991 isn't to bad now on price. But there's so many white ones. If your going to spend that kind of money it's got to be something you really want i think.

Hi Ash, what was the original registration number of the V? (wondering if it was my car way back when)

TBH I've got no clue what was on it.
But where did you sell it and were you the first owner? Or can you remember the car number?

E92 M3, BG 182
Mine was on DG04 UUW. I lived in Burntwood in Staffordshire when I sold it - I bought it from Lookers Renault in Chester where I think it was a pre-reg.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine was on DG04 UUW. I lived in Burntwood in Staffordshire when I sold it - I bought it from Lookers Renault in Chester where I think it was a pre-reg.

Mine wasn't your old one then. Mine had only ever been to lookers Chester twice. Mine started life in south of England I think it was Southampton then it went to Northern Ireland I got it with 4114 miles on it.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
When you're reading this thread then 20 minutes later the car pulls up outside your work.

Evo 5 RS
lol, odds of that. ^

They're awesome cars. It's really that simple. It's a Mk2 Clio with a V6 engine. If you can't get behind that, you're not a car nut.