ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S1 Rallye

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Decided to remove this from sale and do another season of summer driving and track days.

Had an unbelievable amount of interest so it's nice to know it won't be that difficult to shift when the time comes.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Little drive out today. Got some pictures in daylight of the engine bay;

4A2D24DE-6D43-4679-99F9-083179B122FC_zpsj3w08mfn.jpg

3580BEB3-CEB4-4348-B5AB-9C85B14F5859_zpsrmmyjk2f.jpg

172 rag
Sorry but why someone would want to ruin the suspension geometry of an S1 rallye is beyond my understanding.

I would happily give my cup (with cambelt/dephaser and suspension refresh) for a good s1..

172 rag
@craigyt
What I am trying to say is that the wheels on the white S1 appear to have a very unusual offset (I hope it is the angle) that I havent seen in any P.S built manual either for grN or for gr A.
I know very well these wheels ;) dude

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
@craigyt
What I am trying to say is that the wheels on the white S1 appear to have a very unusual offset (I hope it is the angle) that I havent seen in any P.S built manual either for grN or for gr A.
I know very well these wheels ;) dude
They look like banded steels to me. Which makes sense, it's boosted so could probably use the extra traction and using banded steels lets it keep its original look.

106 rallye
@craigyt
I know very well these wheels :wink: dude
But gr n or gr a isnt my car thats built for roads n the odd circuit. It isnt a rallye car its a tarmac car, so widening the track has lots of benefits, albeit benefits that non of us sort of people would notice so your argument is pointless.

I hope for everybodies sake on this forum that they are all still running standard wheels if this is how you react to something different!

But anyway back to jims @leeds_182 car, which may i add is absolutley mega to drive. But you should have stuck with the s1 steels as it handles rubbish on the wider s2's!!!

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Both cars are looking awesome, My S1 is probably in the scrappers by now as the rot had started to set in.
adding scrub radius isn't too much problem as long as its not excessive and springs rates are also increased to match, Clio sports are known to have a little too much negative scrub and benefit form a slightly lower offset.
1006phr_22_z+the_ultimate_steering_guide+scrub_radius_diagram.jpg