ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rojer's 182

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent work mate! In fact, you've reminded me that I need to do my belts again now!

Exhaust looks awesome.

Cheers Mark, means a lot.

@182_steve @Louis'

I have received my induction kit today and the fitment is shocking. I was rushing to try and fit it in my lunch break, but im going to have to remove it and try again at the weekend. The piece of pipe that joins to the throttle seems way too long before it bends and it seems to rub underneath on the brackets and wiring on the side of the ecu. Its also very difficult to fit it onto the throttle body in the first place. Maybe its just user error, but i would appreciate it if you guys could help? I have already emailed K-Tec with some photos.

20170302_154253.jpg
20170302_160533.jpg
20170302_160541.jpg
20170302_160555.jpg

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Mark, means a lot.

@182_steve @Louis'

I have received my induction kit today and the fitment is shocking. I was rushing to try and fit it in my lunch break, but im going to have to remove it and try again at the weekend. The piece of pipe that joins to the throttle seems way too long before it bends and it seems to rub underneath on the brackets and wiring on the side of the ecu. Its also very difficult to fit it onto the throttle body in the first place. Maybe its just user error, but i would appreciate it if you guys could help? I have already emailed K-Tec with some photos.

Mine was the same mate, just ended up trimming a bit off at the throttle body end.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was the same mate, just ended up trimming a bit off at the throttle body end.

Hmm not very happy with that. The price you pay for one of their systems you expect it to fit out the box no issues. I don't appreciate having to cut or modify the pipe to get it to fit. The whole reason why i bought the KTR kit was to make my life easier. I will wait and see what they come back with tomorrow and i will try again over the weekend. I finish work at 8PM so going to have to remove it in the car park and put it back to standard for now.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
On your first picture, that bit of pipe i swear isn't as straight as on mine. I'll have to have a look tomorrow but i'm pretty sure mine curves more than that. However they are that tight onto the brackets next to the battery. They're of a crap design really, fitment wise, but they sound amazing.

Where you have it onto the throttle body is wrong, it will push on more than that and sit flush. Undo the jubilee and pull it right back, then disconnect it from the air filter end or atleast loosen those jubilees too. If you then push it fairly hard itll sit better on the throttle body. Going by those pictures it may even not be on properly at the bottom as the silicone has a habit of curling upwards. Run a thin screwdriver all the way around the edge to make sure that hasn't happened. I trimmed both my KTR systems to get them fitting better but mainly because of the battery box i fitted too. It's easy to do, use a jubilee clip as your edge, but i understand why you might not want to do that after spending £160+

They also sit fairly tight next to the battery... You are running the smaller recommended battery yeah? 063 IIRC.

Hope you get it sorted mate, but Ktec will probably just say that's how they fit, and offer an exchange but your replacement may not be any better. I just don't recall mine being as straight next to the throttle body.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
On your first picture, that bit of pipe i swear isn't as straight as on mine. I'll have to have a look tomorrow but i'm pretty sure mine curves more than that. However they are that tight onto the brackets next to the battery. They're of a crap design really, fitment wise, but they sound amazing.

Where you have it onto the throttle body is wrong, it will push on more than that and sit flush. Undo the jubilee and pull it right back, then disconnect it from the air filter end or at least loosen those jubilees too. If you then push it fairly hard itll sit better on the throttle body. Going by those pictures it may even not be on properly at the bottom as the silicone has a habit of curling upwards. Run a thin screwdriver all the way around the edge to make sure that hasn't happened. I trimmed both my KTR systems to get them fitting better but mainly because of the battery box i fitted too. It's easy to do, use a jubilee clip as your edge, but i understand why you might not want to do that after spending £160+

They also sit fairly tight next to the battery... You are running the smaller recommended battery yeah? 063 IIRC.

Hope you get it sorted mate, but Ktec will probably just say that's how they fit, and offer an exchange but your replacement may not be any better. I just don't recall mine being as straight next to the throttle body.

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me, i think i have a dodgy pipe to me that bend is far too severe and the pipe ends up getting crushed and bent when fitted, almost back on itself. With regards to fitment on the throttle body i have to man handle it with two hands to get it to sit flush and as soon as i relief pressure it goes back the way it is, then when i twist the pipe to join the filter it wants to come off the throttle body. it wasn't even connected to the air filter end at the time, the jubilees were as loose as possible without them splitting apart.

Also to me the air filter is massive it seems way to fat to sit there i would prefer a smaller filter as i think it would fit better. I'm not sure on the battery size i have i just have a Bosch s2/4 can't remember but it seems about right to me . I probably will have to trim it but i'm pissed that i should have to do that in the first place when spending that sort of money, it's ridiculous. I will have to wait for K-Tec to come back to me in the morning and see what they have to say. I might ask them to send me a new pipe and to test fit it on one of their cars first!

Is hazard a guess that what @Louis' said is what will happen.

Shame as at that price to don't want to make alterations.

Yer exactly for the price i paid i expect it to fit first time, if they send me a replacement pipe and it fits then fine. If they don't do anything or send me another pipe that doesn't fit i will send it back and just do the same as you.

That's strange, had zero issues with mine so far although to be honest I didn't fit it myself. I did however have to adjust the fitment on the throttle body myself as it was almost off at the bottom when first fitted but after pushing and pulling it slipped onto the throttle body much better in the end. It is a tight fit near the battery but again, all good!

Here's how mine looks;

KTR Induction Kit Fitted - 21st July 2016 02.JPG

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well i went into the car park after work and thought about what to do. I decided i would have another go at fitting, although it was dark i didn't have a time limit and had an LED light with my tools. I loosened it all up and managed to get it fitting a lot better on the throttle body, but i had to remove the bar that goes from the ECU cover to the front of the car. When removing the bracket the kit comes with it just snapped clean off the jubilee clip....Anyways cut a long story short i got it to fit better but it was rubbing on that little bar and its still pushing against the wire that goes from the battery towards the ECU. I think if i trimmed some of the throttle body end it will be alright and i should be able to fit the bar back on and it wont rub or touch anything.

I drove it home and gave it some beans and the noise well its hard to describe, at first i didn't really like it much, but it has grown on me. It is very loud and reminds me of my old Honda, its like Vtec when it gets to 5k lol. I will trim it at the weekend and see how it is, then I will give it a week on the car and see how i get on with it and then decide.

@Louis' this is the battery i have.

20170302_201737.jpg
20170302_201743.jpg

20170302_203410.jpg
20170302_203438.jpg
20170302_203444.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks loads better on the throttle body. Unfortunately the rubbing on the bracket off the ECU is just how they are. I'd recommend slicing some away as it's not too difficult really! Just get a brand new stanley blade, line up a jubilee clip straight and use it as a guide. Not fun, but one of those things. You might be able to get a partial refund from K-Tec depending how far you push the complaining, although i wouldn't cut it before they respond to an email as they'll just use it against you.

Those jubilees with the bolts on are really brittle too! Read before how peoples have broken. I'm sure someone made his own at work/got some at work for mega cheap? @Advikaz maybe? That's probably wrong, sorry if so!
Get K-tec to replace the jubilee clip. 'It broke upon tightening, must've been weak from factory'.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Your batterys an 063 which i think is right for the Ktec as the other battery is a lot larger.
Looking at the jubilee clip from hose - air filter, i moved mine slightly backwards so that the metal of the jubilee was onto the bracket just to reduce the chance even further of it rubbing the silicone. Good use of the rubber trim stuff though, mines surrounded with the stuff :)

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Looks loads better on the throttle body. Unfortunately the rubbing on the bracket off the ECU is just how they are. I'd recommend slicing some away as it's not too difficult really! Just get a brand new stanley blade, line up a jubilee clip straight and use it as a guide. Not fun, but one of those things. You might be able to get a partial refund from K-Tec depending how far you push the complaining, although i wouldn't cut it before they respond to an email as they'll just use it against you.

Those jubilees with the bolts on are really brittle too! Read before how peoples have broken. I'm sure someone made his own at work/got some at work for mega cheap? @Advikaz maybe? That's probably wrong, sorry if so!
Get K-tec to replace the jubilee clip. 'It broke upon tightening, must've been weak from factory'.

Tbh i dont see much point of the other jubilee clip with the bracket, doesn't really hold it up much and as we know its weak. I will wait until tomorrow and see what they say and then cut it at the weekend i guess. its 90% there just needs the final adjustment, i may even change the filter to a smaller one.

Thanks for the pic it looks quite tight on the bend as well but still seems to fit pretty good.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The filter is what gives it the noiiiseee, I wouldn't change it out! You may as well have done the fatty induction, or just waited for a cheap KTR to come up rather than buying new haha.

That jubilee does a lot on mine, it reduces movement a hell of a lot! Glad i've got it.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
The filter is what gives it the noiiiseee, I wouldn't change it out! You may as well have done the fatty induction, or just waited for a cheap KTR to come up rather than buying new haha.

That jubilee does a lot on mine, it reduces movement a hell of a lot! Glad i've got it.

Lol true it does give it the noise just touches everything and doesnt look the best when fitted if you know what i mean. I like it all to fit nice! I'm just impatient and lazy lol a bad combo haha. What are you mounts like? I have just had mine changed so can't imagine there would be much movement.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Lol true it does give it the noise just touches everything and doesnt look the best when fitted if you know what i mean. I like it all to fit nice! I'm just impatient and lazy lol a bad combo haha. What are you mounts like? I have just had mine changed so can't imagine there would be much movement.
Engine mounts? I'm running the K-Tec solid engine and gearbox mounts. I'm talking the movement in the filter up and down is quite a lot without the jubilee nut/bolt bracket.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what all this faffing with fitting the KTEC is all about, mine went on no problems.

Sure it's a tight fit but some after some persuasion it went straight on, only took me 5 minutes.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Trim it, buy one of Marc battery covers, the forget about it.

I also think at the bottom jubilee near the battery, mine is on the other side of the brace, might a result of trimming but will probably give your filter more room.

Another thing! Try twisting the induction hose before tightening it up as sometimes it sits better with a minor adjustment

i0wZXUo.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I was just about to come on here and start slating Ktec as I hadn't heard from them. However my phone started ringing and i spoke to a nice lady called Isha, after checking out the pictures she thinks there is an issue with the pipe i have. I was offered a partial refund if i wanted to keep it and modify or if i return the pipe they will inspect it and go from there.

So i have decided i will send the pipe back on Monday and then see what happens. They mentioned it could be an issue from the manufacturer and it might be the whole batch they have. I recommended fitting my pipe to one of their cars to see how they get on with it.

Fingers crossed we can get it resolved quickly!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I wonder if they're talking about the straight part on your first picture. What sort of refund were they talking about? I'd have probably accepted a partial refund knowing that most will need modification regardless.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I wonder if they're talking about the straight part on your first picture. What sort of refund were they talking about? I'd have probably accepted a partial refund knowing that most will need modification regardless.

Yer its the part that goes to the throttle body that they think is a problem and tbh so do i. Refund wise it would be £25 inc VAT so not a huge amount, but still something. If the pipe comes back a second time and I still have the issues i will either ask for a partial refund and modify or just send it back and buy a turbo hahaha.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like bs, unless they are still using the same batch from 2015.

They'll probably just cut it for you now.

You are potentially right, however i can only trust them and send it back and see what happens. Worst case get a full refund go back to standard and forget it all.

RS 200 CUP
Trim it, buy one of Marc battery covers, the forget about it.

I also think at the bottom jubilee near the battery, mine is on the other side of the brace, might a result of trimming but will probably give your filter more room.

Another thing! Try twisting the induction hose before tightening it up as sometimes it sits better with a minor adjustment

i0wZXUo.jpg

Do you have a link to where you got the battery cover from please?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Fatty FTW. Get a full refund then spend the £140 you save on a track day.

The fatty is just a bit too rough and ready for me if you get what i mean. It does the same job and probably has similar performance etc. If i was going to go with anything else i would make my own like @Dr Jekyll

That's a good response from Ktec to either have a partial refund or send it back, they haven't just fobbed you off........... I did wonder if it was a pipe issue as again, mine has had none of those issues

The best description of these kits is they sound like Chewbacca from Star Wars at 5k!

😂😂 never heard that before but it's actually very true

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Personally would have probably kept the KTEC and taken the partial refund. It does look like everything would be solved by taking 15mm off the throttle body side of the silicone hose. You could do this really neatly and have it looking perfect. To do that you would use a stanley knife with a new blade. The trick to getting a perfect cut all the way round is to use the jubilee clip to either mark the cutting line with a marker or using the jubilee clip as a line to cut against.

Edit - forgot to say, you can get black jubilee clips too, would look nice on your set up. You will probably find them on ebay but viper performance also sell them,.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Looking great!

Whats next?

Cams and mapping next month :)

That's a good response from Ktec to either have a partial refund or send it back, they haven't just fobbed you off........... I did wonder if it was a pipe issue as again, mine has had none of those issues

😂😂 never heard that before but it's actually very true

Yer it was a good response from Ktec really, also you weren't lying the PS3's are great :)

Personally would have probably kept the KTEC and taken the partial refund. It does look like everything would be solved by taking 15mm off the throttle body side of the silicone hose. You could do this really neatly and have it looking perfect. To do that you would use a stanley knife with a new blade. The trick to getting a perfect cut all the way round is to use the jubilee clip to either mark the cutting line with a marker or using the jubilee clip as a line to cut against.

Edit - forgot to say, you can get black jubilee clips too, would look nice on your set up. You will probably find them on ebay but viper performance also sell them,.

Yesterday I had the new tyres fitted while i was waiting i decided i will cut the intake pipe instead and save the hassle. It must of looked weird me in a hooded jumper walking into Wickes just for a Stanley knife ha.

Took the intake off and measured 10mm from the end of the pipe and set the jubilee in place, i then checked with the rule that it was 10mm all the way round so it was even. I ended up with this. (the cut was straight just the angle i had the phone)

20170305_131858.jpg

20170305_131904.jpg
20170305_131911.jpg
20170305_131914.jpg
20170305_131919.jpg
20170305_131923.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks like every other ktec pipe they've ever sold now. You still going to get a partial refund? I would.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like every other ktec pipe they've ever sold now. You still going to get a partial refund? I would.

Yup, going to call them tomorrow and see if i can push a bit more on the refund and get another jubilee clip. I really like the sound now, it gets alot of attention at times haha.

Glad you like the tyres, they are excellent I thought :up:

Yer i have been pushing them and no traction issues not even in the rain, very happy with them.

Also stopped at Beaniesport to ask Chris to check the cams over as they had some marks on them and i was a bit worried. He measured the journals and all pretty much the same the lobes are really good as well so full steam ahead for the end of the month.