ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rojer's 182

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Err they are red and quite bright, other than that fucked if I know [emoji38] [emoji38]

Confirmed they are 382's so ordered some nice Osram ones, while i was at it i ordered new Philips Silver Vision indicators all round and finally some new Bosch Aero Twin wipers all round :)

Quick question, do you know if the headlamp washer pump and the winder screen washer pump are the same?

Clio 182, V8 Landy
Good thread Rojer! Missed this (should really look through the forum more thoroughly).

This is what I never like about retrims. Would spraying it look crap? Maybe is a dye you can rub in like shoe polish (but not shoe polish).
@OssPoop @Louis'

You could use a leather dye like this:
https://www.timpson.co.uk/shoe-care/shoe-dye/dylon-colour/black-dylon-shoe-colour.html

I've used it succesfully to recolour seat bolsters that have worn, works a treat. Would need a couple of coats though and some care to get it even otherwise you'll have streaks and dark/light patches.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
So yesterday was judgement day for the car! It had started getting worse with the jerking and cutting out etc so the trip to ED couldn't come soon enough.

20170206_090639.jpg

Arrived bright an early on Monday, had a quick chat with Andy and left him to get on with it. This morning i spoke to Andy again and he confirmed it was the crankshaft sensor causing me all the troubles! He said that they just touched the wire and it cut out, so a new one was fitted :) Next he noted some slight play in the track rod end so got that swapped. I will list the full work below, but i drove it home on the back roads and must say I'm very happy with the car now and I can't recommend Andy and ED enough. He said he had seen a lot worse and the car drove okay with a strong engine so that made my day.

Work Carried Out:

* Full uprated Gates timing belt kit, water pump & Dephaser pulley
* Full Alt belt kit
* Oil & filter
* Air filter
* Pollen filter
* Spark Plugs
* Brake Fluid
* Fully Synthetic Gear Oil
* Coolant / Antifreeze (Long Service, Red OAT)
* Network scan (uprated diagnostic check)
* Vehicle Road Test
* Alignment
* Balance front wheels
* Track rod end
* Crank sensor
* Dyno Run
* Service book completed and stamped

There were some advisories noted by Andy, some i was aware of some I will need to sort:

* Play in power steering pump
* Rear brake pipe on the axle is starting to corrode
* N/S/R caliper ever so slightly sticking
* No rear fog bulbs (ordered some)
* N/S/F dipped beam not working (need to fit the bulbs)

20170207_182132.jpg

As you can see pulled some healthy numbers on the dyno and it's relatively smooth, i was expecting around the 160 range tbh. Anyways now that's all done i can focus on suspension, exhaust and some nice wheels.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely update... certainly a fresh motor now then!

Thanks, ticking along nicely now.

This morning i set about sorting my xenon bulbs, it was very annoying that only one was working! On the advice of @Dr Jekyll i purchased some D2S 5000k from hids direct. Also fitted new Bosch wipers all round. The new bulbs look really good, will go for a drive later to see what they are like at night. Need to do a headlight restoration.

20170208_124729.jpg

IMG-20170208-WA0000.jpeg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Glad you got it sorted mate, and relatively cheaply too. How much was the tdc if you don't mind me asking?
The bulbs look good too. I ordered some 6000k which they had no stock of and was desperate so ended up with 8000k. Nice bright light but a bit blue for my liking. They are better than the standards though but they will be getting changed for 6000k later on.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Glad you got it sorted mate, and relatively cheaply too. How much was the tdc if you don't mind me asking?
The bulbs look good too. I ordered some 6000k which they had no stock of and was desperate so ended up with 8000k. Nice bright light but a bit blue for my liking. They are better than the standards though but they will be getting changed for 6000k later on.

Ermm i think the sensor was around £70ish i will have to check the invoice, i was told a little trick to check if there is a problem with the sensor. If you just wiggle the wires and it cuts out then you know that's a problem. If you do get one at some point make sure you get one with the newer plug and wires.

8k is a bit much for me I have had them before, the ones i got from HIDs direct were only £11 or something.

Did you go for a night time drive to test the bulbs out?

Yes i did, i went to the pub and in the country lanes the lights were great a big improvement so thanks for the recommendation. Can you advise on some new sidelight bulbs. The ones i have now are OK, but they are bluer.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I ordered some new bulbs and got them delivered to my work, so just ran out and fitted them. Can't decide if i should get wheels, exhaust or suspension next.

20170209_150349.jpg

Before
20170209_161103.jpg

After
20170209_161403.jpg

And i have some rear fogs again :)

20170209_161852.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Headlamp resto will make the lights look even better.

The ones @OssPoop linked are just cheaper versions (which you can notice by looks, ive had both) but both work ok. They'll be bright and a nice white look.

Good stuff working through all the issues, must be a weight off the mind getting all that work sorted and done properly at engine dynamics :up: Good figure too! For mods, i'd go tyres, then suspension then exhaust IMO. I've got the black KTR kit on mine and it is VERY good however :laughing:

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Good stuff working through all the issues, must be a weight off the mind getting all that work sorted and done properly at engine dynamics :up: Good figure too! For mods, i'd go tyres, then suspension then exhaust IMO. I've got the black KTR kit on mine and it is VERY good however :laughing:

Thanks Steve yer it is a big weight lifted, still a long way to go. I can't help browsing the net and buying things lol. Think i will get the wheels first then do exhaust and suspension.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I got silvervisions in mine, and you can still see the orange. Weren't the cheap ones either!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Is get some power flex exhaust mounts and straighten the exhaust up first. :wink:

The exhaust was made by the previous owner and is poor on the alignment it rattles against the heat shields at times. I will be replacing for a PMS system :)

I was a bit disappointed when i saw the bulbs because they were a little orange still but like OssPoop says it's still a big improvement.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with you, I am trying to decide the best way to replace my power steering pump as in with Euro's or a refurb etc. I have also just ordered the Autoglym Headlight Restoration Kit, normally I would go with 3M stuff, but thought I would give it a try. I also ordered some Gtechniq C4, some IPA and tape. I reckon I will run out of sanding discs so may need to get some wet and dry.

I have also noticed since I fitted the fog light bulbs when i brake or indicate with dipped beam on the fog light bulb comes on in the dash. I know this should just need a clean up of the connections or earths so something I can do at the weekend.

Yesterday I was feeling pretty depressed tbh so I decided to tick something off my bucket list and that was to go to the Evo Triangle. I didn't leave mine until 1/2ish and it took 3.5 hours to get there. The weather was pretty poor, but it didn't disappoint both me and my mate had massive smiles on our faces when we got to the bottom. We both agreed it was a fantastic bit of road and great fun, even the A5 leading up to it is pretty decent! We got to the bottom just as it went dark so it was good timing. For anyone that hasn't been i highly recommend it, the higher we got the snowier it got. I was driving far faster then i should have been for the conditions, but the Clio was faultless throughout. We stopped briefly for a quick photo, but it was freezing so apologies for the s**t quality.

20170212_172251.jpg
20170212_172310.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The fog light thing is the earth under the boot carpet. Mine did it before when I braked, and also when I indicated left with the headlights on. Just need to sand/clean the earths.

Driving 3.5 hours for a road, you're mental!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
The fog light thing is the earth under the boot carpet. Mine did it before when I braked, and also when I indicated left with the headlights on. Just need to sand/clean the earths.

Driving 3.5 hours for a road, you're mental!

Hahaha I wouldn't say mental, i would say passionate about driving lol. That's 3.5 hours one way as well! I have been all over the country just for a drive or something to do. Driving makes me happy especially when on a great road.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I like those wheels, anything other than turini's! I used the AG headlamp kit and it did a decent job. My lights weren't badly yellowed though but i reckon you sound only need more of the roughest grade if your lights are bad, after that it's just flatting the sanding so what's in the kit should suffice.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I have bitten the bullet and ordered a new power steering pump of eBay, cost £90 and it's supposed to be a genuine refurbished part. It was this one if anyone else is interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151264344362?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I am trying to contact Beaniesport as they are local for fitting as I have heard it can be a PITA.

To do list:
* Refurbish Headlights
* Clean earths for rear lights
* Fit new power steering pump and possibly fit new rear axle brake line

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I had my pas pump fitted recently and it was a good idea to change the aux belt while it was being fitted. Might be a good idea for you, if yours hasn't been done in a while.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I had my pas pump fitted recently and it was a good idea to change the aux belt while it was being fitted. Might be a good idea for you, if yours hasn't been done in a while.

Where did you get your pump from? I had a full aux belt kit fitted when the belts were done so the PAS is the last piece it has a newish alternator on it as well.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Spending money like it's water atm! Another job i fancied doing was changing the engine mounts, i believe they are the original ones and as they have done 130k+ It's probably worth changing them. There is a lot of controversy surrounding engine mounts, with some strong opinions. My dog bone was replaced before i got the car and i think that's a poly one. So with the help of @Darryl_1983 the other mounts will be replaced with the standard Febi ones, I have also ordered the Powerflex insert for the engine one to try it out.

As the car is a daily driver i do 110 miles each day it needs to remain civil, if it was a weekend toy or track car then i would have used Ktec/Vibra ones. I had solid mounts on my Civic before and it was a bit of a nightmare tbh, but that is a much older car so maybe unfair to compare. Either way I will get them fitted and report back. The office is going to be sick of me with all the deliveries arriving, I have received my headlamp resto stuff just waiting for the Gtechniq. Should be a good weekend so long as everything arrives this week.