ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rojer's 182

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
P. S. Your mate is right, get in while you can[emoji106]. I wish I'd kept my lancia, but at least I can say I had my dream car once.

Yer they probably are, use a 1JZ single turbo lump. Nice, i take it you mean intergrale?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I had an Integrale evo, bought it when I was 19! All the old guys at work gave me s**t for spending a big portion of my income on a car with the steering wheel on the wrong side, but it was worth it and there's no chance of me getting another one now. What do chasers go for in japan now?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I had an Integrale evo, bought it when I was 19! All the old guys at work gave me s**t for spending a big portion of my income on a car with the steering wheel on the wrong side, but it was worth it and there's no chance of me getting another one now. What do chasers go for in japan now?

Fair play to you, i would of loved to do something like that when i was 19 worth a s**t ton now! It really does depend on condition, spec, engine etc seen a few for like 2/3k and some for 11k so big range. Im hoping to get a decent one over here on the road for 8k.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Fair play to you, i would of loved to do something like that when i was 19 worth a s**t ton now! It really does depend on condition, spec, engine etc seen a few for like 2/3k and some for 11k so big range. Im hoping to get a decent one over here on the road for 8k.
Good luck, I hope you land a good one and I expect to see a thread on here!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Not good news this morning, driving to work and get a phone call from my dad saying there was oil on the drive where my car was. Didn't think to much of it, pulled off the motorway and the power steering pump has shat its pants everywhere! Now the car and me are stuck in bloody Reading! On the phone to my insurance to see if they can recover it for me back to Beaniesport to try and get fixed ASAP. Not what i needed right now!!!!!

Monaco 172
Good choice on a JZX100 @Rojer !! My friend's is 450hp and it's an absolute monster, I'd happily own either variant of the JZX100 chassis - such awesome cars :hearteyes:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Not good news this morning, driving to work and get a phone call from my dad saying there was oil on the drive where my car was. Didn't think to much of it, pulled off the motorway and the power steering pump has shat its pants everywhere! Now the car and me are stuck in bloody Reading! On the phone to my insurance to see if they can recover it for me back to Beaniesport to try and get fixed ASAP. Not what i needed right now!!!!!
The engine alright?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You've upset her talking about other cars! I hope it gets fixed soon mate.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
The engine alright?

Yer luckily enough the belt never came off or the pump didn't seize. Got the car back to Chris yesterday and we had a look defo looks like the pump itself has shat its pants. Waiting to hear more today. What i am really concerned about is the fluid contaminating the bloody day old brakes!!!

You've upset her talking about other cars! I hope it gets fixed soon mate.

Yer i think your right! She didn't want to leave me because i treat her so good ;)

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
The car is now back it was an expensive job! Didn't have enough time to get the parts for the EPAS conversion so that will have to wait for another day :(

The car doesn't feel right to me seems like its a bit vague especially at higher speeds and corners. I did hit the curb on Saturday by accident which may have affected it :( The tracking seems to be OK, but just seems to be lacking feel and has quite a bit of a dead spot in the middle, almost a bit of a delay. Hard to explain i will have to investigate further, maybe im just used to the old pump which was basically dead! Need to do some more high speed driving to confirm...

Not sure what i am going to do with the car at this point, i'm in the middle of trying to change my job and in a battle with HR over a few things. I still want to import the Chaser, but i need to buy a house more so its really tough. I think the car may be up for sale in the next few months the last big job i wanted to do was the suspension and then tidy up all the little bits. Probably wont be updating this for a bit until things are a bit clearer.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well haven't updated this much, haven't had much to update really. I have been on holiday and training etc so haven't been massively using the car. Before i went away i did notice the battery and stop lights were occasional flickering away on the dash. With a bit of research people were saying it would be the alternator or the battery. I popped in the see Chris at beaniesport and he said it would be the alternator, which was frustrating as the alternator on it wasn't massively old. Yesterday i did a long drive to Plymouth and back which is a 500 mile round trip and it came on for a while and then came off so i decided today to replace it rather than break down at work etc. Most people say this can be a bit of a pain in the arse, even speaking to Chris he made up a special tool to release the tension. I decided on the jubilee clip method and luckily had one just right. (I will be now selling my amazing tool to anyone interested haha)

I loosened the alternator and could lever it to move the tensioner and then bent the jubilee clip to fit, then i slide it over the spring and it held the tension back just enough to get the belt on and off. Didnt have to remove the slam planel just the top four bolts that gave me more wiggle room and it came out were the grill would be. The new alternator was from Euros and i was surprised when i unboxed it to find it was a nice new Valeo :smile: Anyway an hour later and the job was complete so not bad really.

While i was away i have been thinking about cars, jobs, houses and life in general. I can't leave my job until September otherwise i will be liable for quite a bit of money so im stuck there till then. Until then the Clio will be staying with me and ideally i need to do something about a house or living arrangements. The only remaining jobs i really want to do on the car is change the suspension to Bilsteins and new top mounts etc etc. Check all the bushes over and replace maybe even fit a RARB. The car is pretty decent as it is and have spent a small fortune already. I would like to rebuild the gearbox and fit a diff with PMS linkages etc, but we will have to wait and see about that. For now i will just get some new matts and do some of the smaller cosmetic jobs.

Couple of pictures from today.

20170607_135530.jpg
20170607_135525.jpg
20170607_145937.jpg
20170607_154823.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Being off work is never a good thing because you end up spending all day online looking at car parts. I have now just ordered the Bilsteins and made a list of all the other parts i want to buy in the next week or so. I want to replace all bushes and suspension components so if i miss anything can you let me know! On the list so far i have the following:

* Check driveshaft and steering gaiters replace if required
* Inner steering arms
* Replace shocks and springs with Bilsteins
* New top mounts (front OEM rear poly)
* New wishbones OEM
* Inner and outer ARB bushes poly
* Steering rack bushes poly
* Rear axle bushes OEM
* Camber bolts
* Rear ARB

I think that is all i need right? Can anyone recommend somewhere for fitting all this and setting up the suspension?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Have a look at the abs rings while you're at it. May as well swap them if they are rusty while it's all stripped down, they are only a few £ on ebay.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Have a look at the abs rings while you're at it. May as well swap them if they are rusty while it's all stripped down, they are only a few £ on ebay.

Do you know which ones i would need? I have seen a few different sizes and teeth etc.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
That is a big ol' list. I'd add new ball joints if you've missed them, but they will probably come with the wishbones.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
They... look... AWESOME!

They do indeed Steve, they do indeed! Hopefully all this suspension work will make a big difference, atm when breaking from moderate to high speed the car can pull quite hard in either direction and the back end wants to come around! Also when going for an overtake for example if the road is a bit rough the steering is all over the place. Im pretty certain the brakes are not the issue as they have been done recently so hopefully its just worn out all suspension ready for the bin.

Bought some injectors from @cs_dave they had only done like 2k miles so even though i don't need them yet it will be handy to have when they do go lol. Also tomorrow should be picking up a new drivers seat from @colesy to replace my tatty and broken one.

The future is looking good for the Clio!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Make sure you get some protection on them coilovers or they won't look like that for long 😂

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@Dr Jekyll do you have any recommendations for protection? I noticed your covers which i may order some, did you cable tie them to the show as well? What is the best for thread coating?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@Rojer Yes, I have the motamec ones. I have found that they fair up very well to protection. They are made of nice durable material and the elastic is nice and strong. The good thing is thaey can be taken off and refitted without removing the shocks.

I've not sprayed mine with any coating as the covers cover most of the threads barring the last bottom bit, which I'm never going to use.

My covers are 406mm I believe. They do 3 sizes and mine are the middle ones. I will dig out the link in a mo. Check my progress thread for pics on how they've performed over the winter. I'm happy with them.

But the ACF-50 that @leeds2592 recommended has good reviews and isn't expensive.

On a side note, the bilsteins are excellent. Not crashy at all and a perfect fit and forget coilover kit :smile:

172 Turbo
Just took my B14s off after 18 months and they look like new, little bit of corrosion at the bottom of the rears and a seized adjuster but I'd be using some protection if using the car daily

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Some tasty purchases there Rojer. Making food progress, all it needs is a proper test at csf!
Wanna sell those injectors? Mine need replacing now

Haven't even received them yet ha, i'll have a MacDonalds tho ;)

@Rojer Yes, I have the motamec ones. I have found that they fair up very well to protection. They are made of nice durable material and the elastic is nice and strong. The good thing is thaey can be taken off and refitted without removing the shocks.

I've not sprayed mine with any coating as the covers cover most of the threads barring the last bottom bit, which I'm never going to use.

My covers are 406mm I believe. They do 3 sizes and mine are the middle ones. I will dig out the link in a mo. Check my progress thread for pics on how they've performed over the winter. I'm happy with them.

But the ACF-50 that @leeds2592 recommended has good reviews and isn't expensive.

On a side note, the bilsteins are excellent. Not crashy at all and a perfect fit and forget coilover kit :smile:

Thanks for the heads up, I will order some of those then they sound really good. Might get some of that ACF-50 stuff as well.

So today after work i went and visited @colesy all i can say is wow lol the scenery and roads around his area are epic lol. We had a quick chat i put the new to me seat in the back of the car and i was off, nice guy. Good luck at the weekend!

Once i was home i got the car jacked up and stuck the new seat in :) Went for a test drive and all good. Very happy with the results. Two birds with one stone because my cable had snapped on the old one so wouldn't slide on the lever. It will clean up nicely. Next up more suspension.

OLD
20170113_111609.jpg

NEW

20170613_204635.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Lol stupid phone. The burger is in the post but I only had change to pay for a letter. [emoji23]

I will have to come up your way then so you can buy me it personally ha! Not sure if i will be attending many shows this year, but see what i can do would like to get out on track. More updates later today/tomorrow.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Spoke to Jamie at J tech today as per @Cub. and @masekwm advice. The price i got back was bit of a shock tbh, it was double most of the other places i had spoken to so far. I think i will have a think about it tonight and go back to him tomorrow. I have had a few parts arrive today, not everything is here yet, but should be by the end of the week. I also changed the gear stick insert cause that was doing my head in, looks really nice now. Finally driving home and lights on the dash grrr, this car feels like it can't go one week without a bloody issue!!!!

20170617_103748.jpg
20170617_103819.jpg
20170616_180824.jpg
20170619_180241.jpg
20170619_180403.jpg
20170619_174713.jpg