ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Glacier White R26 TrackCar, Corbeau, Sabelt, AST'S

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I shall be in touch shortly as ill be needing some more.... After 4 trackdays there ruined lol :(

No worries Rob, just PM me when ever you're ready and ill get them sorted

Found one of the photos that joe sent over from when we went to the ring back in June. Love this photo, probs one of my favourite photos of the car to date. I'm sure joe will post more when he has gone though them :)

image_zps60380b4f.jpg

Great pic that!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Just checked to see if I could book on looks like will will be unloading Christmas trees on the 16th might try and pop up for a hour. Still amazed that you've started turning turning this car into a track car again dude it is stunning.

BMW E36 328
Just checked to see if I could book on looks like will will be unloading Christmas trees on the 16th might try and pop up for a hour. Still amazed that you've started turning turning this car into a track car again dude it is stunning.

:( work comes first mate. Try and get down for abit though if you can. Everyone has said that lol, I know you've been saying it for a while since I first mentioned doing it. It is a nice car, too nice to use for this, but it is an amazing car to use and is brilliant out the box so couldn't think of anything better to start with :).

BMW E36 328
Cheers joe, they came out pretty well didnt they :). Just to sort the ring photos out now ;)

535d / t5 caravelle
very nice, an r26 is on my shortlist for the next car, hows it keep up with the clios on track? lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Lovely that Rob.

Every time I get in mine it's a pleasure to drive. So nice but brutal when needed.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
very nice, an r26 is on my shortlist for the next car, hows it keep up with the clios on track? lol

I don't think it would matter what car rob was in I think he could possibly keep up with anything.. This guy has balls and big f**king balls at that..

BMW E36 328
Lovely that Rob. Every time I get in mine it's a pleasure to drive. So nice but brutal when needed.
Thanks :) , i love getting in mine, isnt as comfortable as it used to be now haha. Amazing cars though. Are you doing any trackdays this year?

BMW E36 328
First time I met him properly he had the 1.2 track car conversion. Took me out and scared me shitless.

Haven't been out in the Meg yet. *cough cough*

Your more than welcome to come out at oulton rhys :) or whenever were out and about ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Thanks :) , i love getting in mine, isnt as comfortable as it used to be now haha. Amazing cars though. Are you doing any trackdays this year?

No mate. Mine has had its trackday fun in another ownership:

6250467147_abe0115a13_b.jpg

I've basically put it back to road comfort (ie removing the Profi SPG seats - which I'm actually considering buying back, drivers side anyway).

Awesome car, credit to its previous owner really who hasn't skimped on anything at all to keep it up to date and running the best spec possible. Had it almost 11 months now.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Found one of the photos that joe sent over from when we went to the ring back in June. Love this photo, probs one of my favourite photos of the car to date. I'm sure joe will post more when he has gone though them :)

image_zps60380b4f.jpg

Great picture that.

BMW E36 328
No mate. Mine has had its trackday fun in another ownership:

6250467147_abe0115a13_b.jpg

I've basically put it back to road comfort (ie removing the Profi SPG seats - which I'm actually considering buying back, drivers side anyway).

Awesome car, credit to its previous owner really who hasn't skimped on anything at all to keep it up to date and running the best spec possible. Had it almost 11 months now.

that looks awesome, R26R wheels? I do love the ultra red, if I did get the Glacier White then I would have gone for Ultra Red. Was that on MS? Not tempted to by a trackday?

BMW E36 328
Bit of an update but not much, still waiting for the AST's and another subframe to turn up :(. Although the ASTs should be here in the next 2 weeks , exciting times haha. I've been debating over over the past few weeks weather I should go for a GT width passenger seat or a standard width, I then sent the standard width passenger seat back as I was going to get a GT width, seeing as there are very limited parts available for the Meganes I couldn't actually get hold of a subframe that would fit a GT width seat, and I would have to remove my center arm rest, so nipped over to Demon Tweeks on sat with f0xy to buy another

image_zps7df3a969.jpg

another set of side mounts

image_zpsb7d6dddf.jpg

anyway whilst I'm waiting for the other subframe to turn up I decided I should start getting the rear sea belts ect out of the back and remove the drivers standard seatbelt whilst I was at it (the rain prevented me from carrying on haha) anyway a few pictures of the car before that,

image_zps501544f5.jpg

image_zps454d79bb.jpg

image_zps755afeb0.jpg

image_zpseb6a2db8.jpg

image_zpsf49b6dab.jpg

image_zpsb215bbc3.jpg

just want to get the other seat in now :)

BMW E36 328
So I made a start on removing the seatbelts, which wasn't too bad of a job. Firstly removed the two torx screws that held the piece of plastic trim on

image_zps91d47c44.jpg

image_zps5c06940e.jpg

loosened all three bolts off and fed the belt back through the hole and removed the belt from the car :)

image_zps59ff4002.jpg

cab,e tied the wire up so the connector didnt rattle about

image_zps4e6d468a.jpg

all back together

image_zps5884afe1.jpg

next job will be to remove all the airbags, the Meganes are littered with them 4 in the front and 2 in the back from what I can see, the two in the back being in the roof lining lol

image_zps4b693e29.jpg

im not too sure if there are anymore that I haven't seen but sure I will find out sooner or later, only other thing to put on is the sun strip as the sun visor doesn't come far enough down when the sun it out.

image_zps12806394.jpg

BMW E36 328
Love the GW! Stunning. I was looking at these Afew months back

i love the GW too, it's the best colour for the megs IMO :). It was either glacier white or ultra red for me :). Looked at them both but preferred the GW in the end :).