ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket Sports Cats

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Need to get a cat as the old one had collapsed and to make the car good for an MoT test really. I’ve spoken to the people that made the exhaust and they are happy to put a cat in when they make a centre silencer for it so I can go with an aftermarket one.

Any decent ones to go for or avoid? Was thinking just a generic one, seen a few on eBay at like £150-200

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I had a Magnaflow 200 cell welded into a decat pipe years ago. Only put it through 1 MOT, but it passed.

I went for this as they seemed to give the best warranty and were a known brand. Stuff like the ktec sports cats only offer 6 months warranty

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I had Milltek sports cats on my E39 M5, that passed the MOT no issues, you need to make sure they are hot when you arrive for the test though and not stone cold.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I had Milltek sports cats on my E39 M5, that passed the MOT no issues, you need to make sure they are hot when you arrive for the test though and not stone cold.
Just had a look at these, they say “universal” and looking at the picture it is like they need an adapter to fit to the right exhaust diameter, this what you had to do? Hopefully if this is the case should be easy for the exhaust maker to sort out.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Just had a look at these, they say “universal” and looking at the picture it is like they need an adapter to fit to the right exhaust diameter, this what you had to do? Hopefully if this is the case should be easy for the exhaust maker to sort out.
Mine came as part of a full stainless Milltek system, rather than just buying the cats and adding them.

Oddly I was thinking of making a few as I need one for my 182 and want to delete the reducer and olive joint.