ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's F4R'd Dynamique Track Car

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Re: 1.2 Track car Conversion

Sorry to spam.

Fred: I will give you a bell about 3 - 4 ish tomorrow mate to find out about that head.
Thanks for looking into it for me!

BMW E36 328

exactly, it would HAVE to be moddified, billy big b****cks makes it sound like he can cut the bumper and job's done, erm no ;)

Didnt make it sound like that at all, I know what work is involved to make the exhaust sit in a cutout. Hence why JP said they would modify it to fit into the bumper.

BMW E36 328

Whilst were on the topic of the exhaust Fred ;), do you know how loud the yozza exhaust is with a decat??? Would it pass a noise test at 105db?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

Db app on youre phone will tell you if you get one lol

BMW E36 328

you can get a db app on the iphone?

I was just wondering if its worth putting a decat, sports cat or leaving the standard cat on. But it needs to be able to pass noise tests lol

Just wondering which would be best as its quite loud at the min :)

Sounds like the worst app ever... will no doubt tell you its 150db... i.e. louder than a space shuttle taking off!

Just leave the cat on you muppet, fu*k all changes apart from noise on a standard engine tbh, as proven by Jonff... You dont need to change everything!

BMW E36 328

LOL quality apps as always lol.

Yeah true, jonff hasnt seen much difference apart from the noise has he?

Just waiting for the stub axel now lol

Nah, its just a placebo if anything imo. Fair enough if the engines heavily modified and mapped properly, but other wise nah.

Need the spacers too.

Mini Cooper S

Amazing work, hats off to all involved! Bet you can't wait to give it a thrash round the track.

JDM Dc2

yeh when jonff fits the cat 'oh it feels faster', then when he goes back to the de-cat 'oh it feels faster', defo placebo affect!

MOT tmoz aint it?

BMW E36 328

No mate ive had to cancel it. No rear brake son it atm lol. Waiting for a stub axel to come lol. Should be getting done next friday.

Evo 8 MR

Isn't the race system designed to be run with a decat though?

I think it also said on the yozza site that it won't meet track noise limits.

Mk1 F4R

Dont change anything yet till you have even drove it... you never know it might be loud as it is

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

So all in all a pretty pointless product??

clear your inbox rob.

I'll be free to pick up that drivers foglight & mounting bracket next week. So just let me know when your free and drop me a PM.

Incorrect considering the previous owner did a 98db Donnington day with it on his car. Rob wont have an issue at all, its not really 'that' loud to be honest. I think its just another general CS thing where everyone makes it out to be 100x worse than it is, same with manual steering being 'the heaviest thing ever', when it really isnt...

Lionel Richie

don't be daft, the full race system WITH decat was sub 102db, "just" made it onto bedford if the wind was right, but with the stock cat in, then it was sub 98db no bother

we NEVER said it wouldn't make noise limits, what's the bloody point in making the thing if that were true?

Lionel Richie

limits, back handers, got to know the way to fudge s**t

for example

JMS inlet does 200bhp (ahem with 60psi in the tyres)

hate the player son, not the game ;)

Evo 8 MR

don't be daft, the full race system WITH decat was sub 102db, "just" made it onto bedford if the wind was right, but with the stock cat in, then it was sub 98db no bother

we NEVER said it wouldn't make noise limits, what's the bloody point in making the thing if that were true?

That's what I read on the old site, I'm sure of it, otherwise I'd have bought a race system....but whatever.

Lionel Richie

na Steve it was designed for the track day boys, bit pointless if its not track legal LOL!

Lionel Richie

apart from greeny getting 2 £30 fines off the coppers we've never had an issue, brands hatch we were black flagged for tyre squeal over the exhaust noise LOL

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

'if the wind was right' - BTM quote of the day pmsl!

its actually true! my 911 Turbo WILL ping the meters or be JUST under them depending on wind conditions at Bedford.

This is the Lee by the way. I came over and said hello on Saturday at Bedford.

BMW E36 328

Not posted in here for a while, as nothing has been done to the car for about a week. So on tuesday i got my act togeather and ordered a new dephaser pulley from renault, and a new stub axel. Fitted thge stub axel and discs, then we swapped over the dephaser pulley and timed everything back up again.

After that was all complete about 7:30 ish last night i took it for its first drive. After driving it for a couple of miles, for the first time in about 8 months there was no rubbing, no scraping, no knocking. The car felt more togeather yday, felt solid. And all i can say is wow, after going from a 1.2 to a 2L im very impressed. MOT runs out tonight, and its booked in at renault to have the MOT done at 1PM tomorrow. Going to check everything over tonight and finish the last few bits and bobs ready for its MOT.

No pics or videos of it driving yet but will sort some out as soon as i can.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Bet it feels like a monster from a 1.2 I drove a 2l after I got my 1.2 and that had stupid 17" alloys low profile tyres and a ridiculously heavy sound system. And that felt like a rocket in comparrison lol

Well jealous. Wish insurance wasn't so expensive lol

Astra GSI, 172, Golf

howmuch is your insurance now... just thinking in comparison for mine ?

Weighed it at Oulton today and it came in @ 921kg, so 190(ish)bhp/tonne. Got a few pictures too...

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg