ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's F4R'd Dynamique Track Car

BMW E36 328
Re: 1.2 Track car Conversion

Yeah we have done alot since then rob. I cant wait to drive it now, i had a smile on my face for most of yday when it started up lol

BMW E36 328

Cheers mate, just got to sort the last few final bits out this week then its ready to drive :cool:.

BMW E36 328

Changed the radiator over today as the one i got off the forum came damaged, feet missing ect ect, was no good. So put that on along with the powerflex'd dogbone mount. Set up all the gear linkage so that is fine now.

Awesome work, impressed at all the time and effort and care put into the conversion, would love to do something similar myself.

P.S On another note, I hope you're keeping the matt black front bumper, looks mean as feck!

BMW E36 328

Got a few pics from today, didnt do too much work on the car today. Here are a few pics that we took today.

Bumper and slam panel fitted.

P1010995.jpg

P1010996.jpg

Decided to sand the rest off the paint off the renault sport too. Looks a million times better now.

P1010997.jpg

P1010998.jpg

Set the coilovers and camber up. Think it maybe abit too low at the min but we will see how it drives.

P1020001.jpg

P1020007.jpg

Picked up a new fan today so fitted that and filled up the coolant again. Got the fan on and running today.

P1020009.jpg

Next we put the powerflex dogbone mount on today. That along with the k-tec short shifter makes the gear change feel great, feels really tight and togeather now.

P1020010.jpg

And finally a few pics of my yozza sport exhaust which sounds amazing. Quite loud also.

P1020011.jpg

P1020013.jpg

P1020015.jpg

P1020017.jpg

quick pic of the rear coilovers too

P1020019.jpg

Thats all for now.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member

Awesome read this!

Would love to try something like this, wouldn't have a clue where to start though congrats on getting it finished :)

Mk1 F4R

Its looking and sounding awesome, each time i come round to help its getting better :rasp:

Phase 1 172

Good work buddy, looking good. what is the F4R conversion counter at now F0xy :approve:

Taken off as we had just swapped the radiator and put the coolant in, so was using the bleed screw on the side of the thermostat housing!

JDM Dc2

you owe jord big time for this rob haha

looking and sounding mint, think the exhaust looks quite sleeper-ish just peaking under the bumper, id leave it like that

R5 GTT EFI Clio.

Sent you a few PM's now mate, not sure if your recieving them though?
Good work by the way!
Was nice to see what was done because i will be using 172 subframe, hubs, wishbones etc on mine so was nice to see some pics on how its done!

Evo 8 MR

Didn't realise that was a yozza, keep it as is, they're not designed to sit flush into the bumper.

Will be good to see this in the flesh rob. How much camber have you set it to?

BMW E36 328

naaa looks horrible not cut into the bumper lol. Alredi got a bumper with a cut out just got to get it painted then get the bracket altered for the back box.

Mk1 F4R

Not to sure what we have set the camber too (im sure rob will set it to how he like soon) we just set them up to be the same on both sides, measured with a ruler from the disc to the shock, not the best way to do it i know but its just to get the car moving :)

Lionel Richie

naaa looks horrible not cut into the bumper lol. Alredi got a bumper with a cut out just got to get it painted then get the bracket altered for the back box.

i'll get in the car right now and drive to Warrington just to slap you if you do! don't mess with perfection, i designed them NOT to fit into the bumper

182 BEAN

i'll get in the car right now and drive to Warrington just to slap you if you do! don't mess with perfection, i designed them NOT to fit into the bumper

yozza till you die :rasp: ..... ill wait for my k tec ultra spot welds to snap before an upgrade

Its alright, he will never find him in Warrington considering he doesnt live there lol.

Sunflower Ph1 172

need to pop up and see this with the engine in Rob.... you've been quiet lately.

Vatican Saturday?

BMW E36 328

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww hit a nerve lol

i need your powerbrap 1.2 filter and no not for my 1.25 :p

Not hit a nerve at all jamie, i want the exhaust cut into the bumper so ill get it done.

Buy the lot and you can have it

BMW E36 328

need to pop up and see this with the engine in Rob.... you've been quiet lately.

Vatican Saturday?

Yeah just pop round one night mate. yeah been busy with the car and work lol.

Poss yes will text you in the week mate

Lionel Richie

Not hit a nerve at all jamie, i want the exhaust cut into the bumper so ill get it done.

Buy the lot and you can have it

the guy whom designed them is telling you not to, not because of looks, but because you'll stuggle to do it without it twatting off the underside of the car!

Too bad JP said they would modify the center section upright to make it work for him lol

Lionel Richie

exactly, it would HAVE to be moddified, billy big b****cks makes it sound like he can cut the bumper and job's done, erm no ;)

Last edited: