ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's F4R'd Dynamique Track Car

BMW E36 328
Re: 1.2 Track car Conversion

Was impressed with it last night mate!

Cheers mate, i really pleased with how it has all turned out. Still loads left to to tho.

Recieved my Odyssey PC680 battery on saturday, bought some battery wire and some crimps so will be putting that in sometime this week. Going to out it under the passenger seat. Also bought some NGK spark plugs which need to be fitted aswel, that should keep me busy for a night or so.

Will post some pictures up of the fitting once i get some.

BMW E36 328

Not took many pictures over the last week or so, but then again i havn't done much.

Finally got round to fitting the battery and mounting it under the seat. Was alot easier to fit than i first thought.

Put my new spark plugs in y'day, car seems to run abit smoother with the NGK plugs in that with the cheap plugs i first used from halfords. Yet again another quick easy job out of the way.

Got a straight bit of samco hose of f0xy so i have the ph1 airbox coming straight off the TB. Dont think it makes much difference apart from less restriction due to removing the standard induction elbow, and its also made abit more room in the engine bay and made things look a bit tidier.

And last but not least ive just been enjoying driving the car for the past week or so. Will get some pics up when i get round to taking some.

BMW E36 328

...and fitting the battery properly? ;)

Ahhhh will sort it out its in with 3 bolts just need to make the holes abit bigger so the tray can move a little maybe weekend i rekon after i sort the driveshaft:D

saw this at the manchester meet yesterday. had me and my mates baffled as to what it was. with the rear discs, non sport side skirts, non sport front bumper and the sport rear bumper. looked smart though.

BMW E36 328

Not been on here for ages. Done a few bits and bobs to the car over the last few weeks. Nothing major had been done really just bits and bobs.

First thing i got round to doing was fitting an Odyssey battery that i got off jay (burp). Not go any real pics of fitting it so i just took a few after it was in haha. Was quite easy to fit and sat perfectly under the passenger seeat out of the way.

P1020028.jpg

P1020029.jpg

Picked up a connector of Adam so that i could join all the wires togeather in the engine bay....

P1020031.jpg

Well now that the battery was moved out of the engine bay it gave alot more room at the side of the engine. I decided to mount the ECU on top of the gearbox mount as it sat perfectly there and was out of the way.

P1020030.jpg

Next thing was to have my ph1 airbox coming straight off the throttle body..... So i got a bit of silicone hose of jord and fitted it. It makes the whole bay look alot tidier.

P1020033.jpg

P1020035.jpg

P1020034.jpg

Since i have fitted a MK1 dash into the car. I cut the passenger side of the metal frame off that normall holds the standard dash in, and mounted the mk1 dash to remaining half and used 2 of the existing holes near to the windscreen to screw the back down.

P1020024.jpg

P1020026.jpg

After the dash was in the uch, and fuse box were just hanging down on the passenger side. Ive decided to mount the uch behing the clock and run the wires under the dash. This means extending all of the wires that go to the uch.

P1020025.jpg

1 connector done....... 2 more to go.......

P1020026.jpg

Will post more pics up as im going to finish the rest of the wiring this week.

BMW E36 328

Well ive spent the last few days sorting all the interior wiring out. Mostly moving the ecu to the other side of the car so it sits behind the clocks as its going to be out of the way there. So after moving the uch, i decided to cut a few other wires down and move a few other bits. So after hours of re-wiring i came to start the car and.......... Nothing.

First thing was check the fuses...... one fuse had blown...... replaced the 5 amp fuse..... Nothing. Eventually i tracked it down to a broken wire after several hours with the multi-meter. I then replaced the wire and took the car for a drive to check everything was ok. Down the road onto a major roundabout seccond in line at the lights and then the car decides to cut out. Rang the AA got the car home.... another few hours looking at the loom and found on one wire.... there were a few strands of the wire sticking out of the heat shrinnk and touching the chassis.... fixed that and its all wrking fine now. All the loom had been tidied up and as a result of that the whole inside of the car looks alot tider now. Will take some pics tomorrow and post them up.

145db Euro'd clio

hats off to you mate. Thats a serious project, and it looks awesome. sure it drives awesome too

BMW E36 328

Thanks alot, yeah it drives amazing..... few more things to do and it will be there lol

BMW E36 328

Ahhhh... was drivng about over the weekend and i suddenly developed a knocking when setting off and sometimes under braking. I thought hmm this sounds similar to last time the ball joints came loose. So anyway got home and...... no it wasnt the ball joints.... i checked to see if they were all tight anyway...........

P1020064.jpg

P1020065.jpg

Still havnt found the cause of the knocking but im going to have another look tonigt now it has finally stopped raining.

Whilst the car was jacked up i decided it was about time i changed the exhaust mount. Got another one a few weeks ago but never go around to fitting it. My current one is just a mess lol.

P1020066.jpg

P1020067.jpg

P1020068.jpg

After the old one was removed i greased the bolts up and put it all back togeather.....

P1020041.jpg

P1020069.jpg

P1020070.jpg

Job done. NOw all i need to to before my first trackday it to find out what this knocking from the front end is..........:S

Mk1 F4R

rob i still cant find what the knocking is on mine eithe, thought the same as you but its not so im going to give it another look at tonight was thinking it could be the calipers (when breaking like you say makes a clunking noise)

Yours clunks when you pull away too though, probably just a f*cked balljoint, can still be tight and the actual ball has failed inside, ive had that a few times before.

There isn't anything up with Robs, saw it last night, hes just being paranoid!

BMW E36 328

Well the squeeking has stopped now, i just greased the dogbone mount. It may just be me......... but i cant find anything that is loose.

Yours still knocking after you sorted the subframe out adam?

BMW E36 328

Ahh right..... but still knocking?

Need to sort the water pump aswel as i think its that, thats also contributing to the squeeking... so will see about changing that at the weekend or at least getting one this weekend. Dont want that to go breaking on me at mallory lol. Not long now 3 weeks on sat :D

Clio Mk1

One question mate, do you have 172/182 wings on it or are they standard ones?

BMW E36 328

One question mate, do you have 172/182 wings on it or are they standard ones?

Im using standard dynamique wings mate. Didnt want to put any of the 172 bumpers on apart from the rear.

BMW E36 328

AST Solid topmounts have been ordered from kam racing. Cant wait to get them, with a bit of luck i should have them on for mallory park.

BMW E36 328

Since the car has been built i have had a proble with the gear linkage catching on the lamba sensor. The linkage catches the sensor in 1st and reverse, ive been toying with the idea of getting a sports cat for a while. Anyway i had to nip to NorthWest Performance to pick a few bits up, and got on the subject of silenced de-cats. So i decided to get one of the silenced de-cats whilst i was there. A few pics.............

P1020077.jpg

P1020078.jpg

Going to fit it tomorrow if it isnt raining..... More pics then

Last edited:

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184

rob you couldn't do me a massive favour and measure how long the straight part is. from flange to bend.

thanks

BMW E36 328

Right well after waiting round for a gasket for most of the day, i was able to start putting the decat on this afternoon. Was a pain to put and was very time consuming. But i got there in the end.

Now for the pics.....

I picked up a new gasket for the maifold to cat, the current one has only been on a few months but as it has already been compressed i thought it was best to buy another one for the sake of £3. I also picked up a tube of sealant for the flange on the cat back all purchased for under £7 bargin.

P1020079.jpg

P1020080.jpg

As said before the lamba sensor is catching on the gear linkage for some reason. That was one of the reasons for changing. Managed to get a pic of it but its not ver good.

P1020082.jpg

The standard cat....

P1020083.jpg

Took a while to remove as i was on my own but after a few choice words it eventually came out...

P1020083.jpg

Old and new :D

P1020084.jpg

Next was to remove the lamba sensor and the bung at the rear of the cat..... easier said than done lol.

P1020085.jpg

Next was the fun part. Putting the new silenced de-cat in. After abit of rigging with the jack and a axel stand it eventually went in.

P1020086.jpg

Tightened the front up slightly before putting the sealant on the flange to join to the cat back.

P1020087.jpg

Then tightened everything up and waited for it to set.....

P1020088.jpg

P1020089.jpg

P1020090.jpg

Managed to get my Yozza to sit in my cutout aswel... it still needs to go to JP exhausts to get sorted properely. But this will do for now.

P1020091.jpg

P1020092.jpg

So there we go Silenced NorthWest performance decat with a Yozza Race cat back.... Lovley.

Clio 172 Cup

Looks nice mate. Exhaust looks spot on, may be you wont need to get the bend adjusted after all?

BMW E36 328

Looks nice mate. Exhaust looks spot on, may be you wont need to get the bend adjusted after all?

Thanks mate, Still need to take it to JP to get it sorted out properely. But it looks miles better up in the bumper.