ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's F4R'd Dynamique Track Car

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Re: 1.2 Track car Conversion

Lol Fred :p

Rob, this seems to be coming along real nice. Awesome to see the lump back together.

Its lookin peachy now its all painted up and hopefully should be pretty bullet proof.

Foxys input must surely inspire a lot of peace of mind too. Really enjoying following this build lads, keep up all the good work! :cool:

BMW M5 & E36

Just had a catch up of the last few pages, cracking progress all round!

Can't wait to see it :D

TrackCar & F30 330d

I've just read through this thread. You've done some great bits. Be interesting how your brakes turn out. I'm doing the same but i'm plumbing in the cup bias valve which i bought a little while ago.

Keep up the good work :)

Lionel Richie

^just stick in an in car adjustable valve - done

jord, next time i see you at track i'm having a drive of yours and showing you the problem!

BMW E36 328

Right didnt post anything up last night when we put the engine in so ill do it now. Once we had built the engine up, runn about to find a few more bolts, we got round to putting the flywheel, cluthc and gearbox on.

Fly wheel on, all torrqued up as per renault. With some locktight on the threads to help prevent the bolts coming loose.

P1010921.jpg

Next was the new OEM valeo clutch

P1010922.jpg

P1010924.jpg

Fitted the clutch and tightened all the bolts up to the correct torque settings as per renault.

P1010925.jpg

After abit of fiddling about getthing the clutch center we got the gearbox on and tightened up.

P1010926.jpg

Next was the crank sensor..

P1010927.jpg

Then the engine was all built up and ready to go onto the car.

P1010928.jpg

P1010931.jpg

BMW E36 328

Lifting the engine in was quite tricky, took a while to get everything centered up and all engine mounts on and tightened up.

P1010935.jpg

P1010936.jpg

P1010937.jpg

P1010939.jpg

P1010942.jpg

Next we got the inlet on and the ht leads all plugged in

P1010945.jpg

P1010947.jpg

P1010950.jpg

P1010952.jpg

Next was to fit the cat and the yozza exhaust.... And oh my... the cat was a pain to fit.

P1010955.jpg

P1010957.jpg

Got loads done tonight. Will post up some pictures tomorrow.

BMW E36 328

Chees guys, its taken a while but we have got there. Ill post a video and some pictures up later of it running when we try to start it up

R5 GTT EFI Clio.

Looks like your flying through this Rob, project looks great!
Sent you a PM btw..

BMW E36 328

Everything connected and ready to go. The slam panel is not being fitted yet as I am replacing the radiator with a different one - after the one I purchased off here was snapped off at the bottom :( Also missing a few bits for the dogbone mount so it cant be driven as of yet anyway...

P1010969.jpg

P1010970.jpg

P1010972.jpg

P1010973.jpg

P1010976.jpg

Exhaust was fitted the other night also... The hanger is going to be modified so its raised into a cutout (with 182 surround) on a different 172 bumper that I have when everything else is done...

P1010978.jpg

Last edited:

All oils filled... Coolant filled and bled... Key turned and...

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
  Fabia VRS Special Ed

fook, another case of being screwed over by a seller?

Engine looks schweeeet ;)

BMW E36 328

fook, another case of being screwed over by a seller?

Engine looks schweeeet ;)

Yep... Feet are snapped off it so it wont sit in the subframe..

nice 1!

you said you are getting a different bumper? you selling that one?

Already got the new one, its already got a cutout in it. The current one will be for sale when the time comes...

BMW E36 328

Cheers thanks alot. The engine is running perfect, left it running for about half an hour today and it was fine, Got loads left to sort out still. But its getting there now one step at a time

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184

this has come along massively compared to when i came up on Sunday.well done mate.

also isn't it a great feeling when it starts for the first time. its a better feeling when you drive it for the first time, think i had a smile permanently on my face