ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renparts Non-Genuine Exhaust

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I've been quoted £120 for the centre section and rear backbox on my mk2 172 however the exhaust is non-genuine Renault.

Has anyone used these exhausts? Any issues? Should I just pay the extra £100 and go genuine?

Ok so I guess genuine Renault would be better value overall then?

Sorry I didn't read the part about it being a renparts one, I don't know what mine was so don't want to knock renparts without proper knowledge. Personally I'd get stainless and be done with unless someone can back that they're good enough. In my experience renparts is very helpful so I'm sure you'll get a good answer from the lass who runs it. (Sorry can't remember your name)

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Ah ok, they are a great company but don't want an exhaust that will only last 6 month. There are some on eBay for circa £45 which I imagine is one you had.

I'll wait for further comments, hopefully someone has used a renparts exhaust before.

Ah ok, they are a great company but don't want an exhaust that will only last 6 month. There are some on eBay for circa £45 which I imagine is one you had.

I'll wait for further comments, hopefully someone has used a renparts exhaust before.

I'd imagine so, I'm sure someone has something to say.

Clio 197
I had a horibble experience with a pattern part exhaust in the past where it fitted badly and ended up melting my bumper on a motorway run, based on this i personally would steer clear from a pattern part on a 172, not sure on the brand that Renparts are selling though so dont take my view as gospel.

Do you know the brand of exhaust?

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I've got a KTEC mk2 stealth on at the moment but its too loud and I'm going back to standard.

I'll stick to a standard one from baldocks

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
what brand is it? if its bosal or timex they are poor quality something like klarius is as good as genuine renault.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
non genuine ones are boomy and the bends are always restrictive on them.
ive just fitted a new genuine one on mine and the car sounds as it should, nice noise when going for it and quiet around town. fits perfect too of course

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
non genuine ones are boomy and the bends are always restrictive on them.
ive just fitted a new genuine one on mine and the car sounds as it should, nice noise when going for it and quiet around town. fits perfect too of course
Same as me, really happy with it.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Janspeed mild steel stealth is the closest to standard quality you will get and they're cheap

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Do you mean closest to stock noise? The KTEC build quality is immense, it's just too loud for me now.

www.renparts.co.uk
They are non genuine one but do come with 12 months warranty - we've sold quite a few & not had any back due to back due to poor fitment etc. I've not heard one on a car but the noise is meant to be pretty similar to standard noise.

ALY

Focus RS & Clio 172
Watching this chat with interest. In the same boat with a K-tec thats doing my head in with its boomy drone driving up the hill to my house every day.
Not getting anal about oe parts on a ten year old daily runabout thats looking its age, a decent fit pattern part that won't fall off before next summer will do.

Klarius appear to have two different centre sections listed an RN902B or an RN903A, complete with price difference too!