ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non type approved catalytic converter

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My mk2 172 is due MOT in December and I need to replace the KTec sports cat that failed abysmally last year.

Question: Has anyone fitted a non type approved catalytic converter and if so, do they pass emissions ok?

I have the original cat still but the flange that connects to the centre section is wafer thin and unusable. It also annoyingly vibrated on my suffrage at certain revs.

Need a quick cheapish fix that'll get it past an mot

Cheers 😄

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
An aftermarket cat will only last 2/3 years at most. There’s a reason they’re cheap.

Can you not take your OE cat to an exhaust place and get them to chop and weld it with a new flange?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
From all the tales of woe on here about aftermarket cats, I'd be saving myself a load of headache and getting a vband welded onto my original cat.

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
An aftermarket cat will only last 2/3 years at most. There’s a reason they’re cheap.

Can you not take your OE cat to an exhaust place and get them to chop and weld it with a new flange?
Potentially, but I'm unsure how good the metalwork is on the rest of the cat.
There's no holes and it passed the last mot it was fitted for but was leaking ballet from the flange