ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renault Sport Gordini Announced.

thoughts?

• I like it

Votes: 182 38.5%
  • meh

Votes: 156 33.0%
  • i don't like it.

Votes: 135 28.5%

• Total voters
  STEALTH RAIDER
The only thing that id have off that on mine would be the white lit dash and i bet that somebody out there has already done one themselves.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
GenevaMotorshow201009-03-2010147.gif

FLOL! The first factory standard 4x4 RS?! There must be 4" of clearance between the tyre and the bodywork there. :dead:

As ukaskew said a few pages back, it's interesting how we flame cars like this, yet when Reno churn out what we 'want' - like the R26R - the sales simply don't reflect our true feelings.

That said, I'd like to believe that if Reno did recreate the extreme compromises of the R26R in a smaller car like the Clio, that it would be more of a commercial success.

D.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They do Jdm, you're not seeing things.

Munson was almost in tears.

Honda ATR
FLOL! The first factory standard 4x4 RS?! There must be 4" of clearance between the tyre and the bodywork there. :dead:

As ukaskew said a few pages back, it's interesting how we flame cars like this, yet when Reno churn out what we 'want' - like the R26R - the sales simply don't reflect our true feelings.

That said, I'd like to believe that if Reno did recreate the extreme compromises of the R26R in a smaller car like the Clio, that it would be more of a commercial success.

D.

I always thought the R26R was to hardcore for the road, dont understand why you would buy a hatch with a cage and buckets. As a track car it makes sense but other than that abit pointless. Dont get me wrong i wouldnt turn one down.

Swift Sport
Oh dear. Any hopes of it looking good have vanished, Renault have indeed employed primary school kids to do their design work. Sorry Renault, but that sucks.

I always thought the R26R was to hardcore for the road, dont understand why you would buy a hatch with a cage and buckets. As a track car it makes sense but other than that abit pointless. Dont get me wrong i wouldnt turn one down.

I'd have bought an R26.R if I had been in a position to new instead of the 197. Fulfilled all my requirements in a car at the time.

Epic B Road blasts - Check
At least 2 Seats - Check
Room to chuck stuff in the back - check

clio trophy No56
I hope this isnt the limited 500 run they normally do, i.e. 500 Trophys, 500 r27's.
If this is the 500 limited run of the Clio 200 then its a big let down!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
CLIO GORDINI ARRIVES COSTING £19,650!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Afpmsl! Cheers for that Renault. I was needing a laugh!

It looks worse than the 200 if that is possible.

They were probably going to make 2000 then they realised they'd be lucky to sell 500!

CLIO GORDINI ARRIVES COSTING £19,650!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Afpmsl! Cheers for that Renault. I was needing a laugh!

It looks worse than the 200 if that is possible.

They were probably going to make 2000 then they realised they'd be lucky to sell 500!

When you consider the new Polo GTi is about £18k plus options, its not that bad. Looks awful though.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I was chatting to the senior engineer at Renault orpington today- there are only 17 in the network now- a handful of FF & Cups-
they have now removed the option of gash blue wheels-

S

V6 255
Reserve judgement for when you see one. I thought it was awful too, but looks a whole lot better in the flesh. The wheels still look rubbish though.
Just to right a few points. On the 4x4 note, yes it's high, but that's the sport, no cup chassis there
And the price, try spec a FF with leather metallic paint and wheel option and see what it comes to, not far off I'll tell you. And who pays full price anyway? Only mugs

Pritty sure there's a Gordini Twingo at work here, if they're being produced? (I work next to a renault office). Or it might have just been blue with some fancy vynils...

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
saw one of these in the flesh last week at a local garage, delivery stickers still on the doors, looks very nice, a bit high yes but otherwise very good!! I must say the wheels are gash!! speedlines would set it off a treat!! the blue in the wheels just make it look chav!!!

C63 AMG
There is one in Renault Birmingham and, honestly, I cannot see why we're being asked for an additional £2k. And the subtle writing on the strips is not exactly stylish.

Italian 3.2 V6
seen a few now, 2 at my local renault garage also..

and tbh, i would rather drill my bellend than be seen near one of these let alone drive one! i didnt relise renault have hired gypo's to the RS team!

MAJOR FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSJ.

Saw one in the flesh when ordering my 200, not good, wheels were shocking!

When you look at the 197 R27, you see that as a special edition.

This however is anything other than special, ruins the gordini name.