ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's R26

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
S'good innit!
Completely changes the drive imo.
Grab any freebies for your inconvenience??
Yeah you were right mate, it does make a massive difference!

No freebies, but Dan at K-Tec couldn't of been more helpful, and I did feel for him when I phoned up to say I had received an empty envelope! [emoji23]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Treated the R26 to some new 'shoes' for CSF! [emoji1]
d09ea7f51df5f56ba8236c5b1fb09b98.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I've never used them before mate, but I've heard very good things.

Mate, I love mine it's night and day from the Goodyear eagle F1s, I'm shocked just how much better they are.

Not yet have a lost traction and no ass out action as of yet. [emoji41]

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Mate, I love mine it's night and day from the Goodyear eagle F1s, I'm shocked just how much better they are.

Not yet have a lost traction and no ass out action as of yet. [emoji41]
That's good to hear mate. They'll be no excuses for me then at Blyton! [emoji6]

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That's good to hear mate. They'll be no excuses for me then at Blyton! [emoji6]

None what so ever!

If hate to think how bad the F1s would be now I've got more power and torque.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Without getting into a tyre discussion in your thread, what are AD08's like on the road?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
How was it on track mate?
Fantastic mate!

It's hard not to compare it to the Trophy, but on it's own merits it really impressed me. You can really feel the diff working.

I haven't driven a Megane without one but I would say the diff is definitely a worth while upgrade. Compared to the Clio the Megane feels much more stable. (no tripod here!) it's also a much less 'raw' driving experience.

That doesn't take away from the fun however, and I'm so glad I've bought an R26!

There's a few things I need/want to do...

* Brake fluid boiled over on track so next on the list will be a fluid change and a set of Goodridge braided lines.

* On track the temperature gauge climbed a to the three quarter mark which was concerning (it never went past that or overheated) but it meant I had to manage my driving and monitor the gauge constantly. So I think a coolant change is a good place to start, maybe replace the thermostat and give the radiator a once over.

* Finally the one thing I wanted from the Megane is a bit more power, which should hopefully counteract the weight disadvantage it has compared to the Clio. So that will be the tried and tested route of a decat pipe to complete the Milltek exhaust followed by a better intercooler and larger injectors. Lastly the all important mapping! I think this will really improve the car no end, and make the R26 a much more potent track weapon.

Here's a photo of me on track at Blyton!

It was great to finally meet you mate, the car looked great. [emoji2]
And you mate, not only was it great to finally meet you but seeing the Spec C in the metal was well worth the wait.

It's an incredible car that's a credit to you bud!
27911cf9cb07e6f14facd4fe74b9451a.jpg

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Your R26 is an incredible car mate, and I hope I can get mine even halfway to where yours is!

I'd go to RS Tuning for the mapping and 630cc injectors. They can also supply and fit the decat and either the Forge Motorsport or Pro Alloy intercooler which are the best ones. Don't get an Airtec intercooler as it's too big.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go to RS Tuning for the mapping and 630cc injectors. They can also supply and fit the decat and either the Forge Motorsport or Pro Alloy intercooler which are the best ones. Don't get an Airtec intercooler as it's too big.
Cheers Tim,

That was my next plan.

*630cc injectors (where's the best place to get them?)

*Milltek de-cat to match the rest of the system

*Forge or Pro Alloy intercooler (I saw in another post you'd advised against the Airtec one)

*RS Tuning for mapping for sure (even if it's a fair old drive!)

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Tim,

That was my next plan.

*630cc injectors (where's the best place to get them?)

*Milltek de-cat to match the rest of the system

*Forge or Pro Alloy intercooler (I saw in another post you'd advised against the Airtec one)

*RS Tuning for mapping for sure (even if it's a fair old drive!)

RS Tuning is best place for injectors, they sell matched sets and will fit them for free when they map them. I'd get the RS Tuning decat as it's 3" and my Milltek cracked on the weld.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Got round to fitting the front and rear bumper decals, as personally I'm a big fan, and the car looks bare without them.

They're not genuine decals, but where bought from a recommended source on facebook as Renault want drug money for them!

Overall I'm happy, and they certainly look better than many of the really cheap ones available on eBay.

Also removed the tints from the rear quarter windows as the doom had been poorly fitted in places, and I'm just not keen on tinted windows regardless!

fd9ace1ebf8331df589dffb18813bab1.jpg
f90aeb1ff3ccb555cb0453a76bd53045.jpg
0b3366a73994707c9a90c6a06a1d8fa6.jpg
6458bdcbad78bf1b686123e1435e5e7f.jpg

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
They look ok for non genuine decals.
Yeah I agree mate. There's plenty of dodgy looking ones available.

It came down to cost really. I phoned Martins Renault and they want £90 plus VAT each!

Where as I got these for £45 delivered (for the pair)

The anthracite isn't an exact match to the genuine ones on my doors, and the vinyl is thinner but for me they're perfect.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I agree mate. There's plenty of dodgy looking ones available.

It came down to cost really. I phoned Martins Renault and they want £90 plus VAT each!

Where as I got these for £45 delivered (for the pair)

The anthracite isn't an exact match to the genuine ones on my doors, and the vinyl is thinner but for me they're perfect.

I got my front decal for £70 from Renault Parts Direct to go on after having my bumper sprayed.

Are you still coming to SRR on 21st October?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I got my front decal for £70 from Renault Parts Direct to go on after having my bumper sprayed.

Are you still coming to SRR on 21st October?
Yeah if I was having paintwork done, then I wouldn't have an issue going for genuine.

If I do decide to have a respray in the future it won't be as upsetting pulling off genuine decals! [emoji23]

Are there still some spaces left mate?

I've just managed to get the 21st off as my Saturday rota so I'm all good!

I'm not expecting anything amazing from the Meg but it will be nice to make sure it's okay.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah if I was having paintwork done, then I wouldn't have an issue going for genuine.

If I do decide to have a respray in the future it won't be as upsetting pulling off genuine decals! [emoji23]

Are there still some spaces left mate?

I've just managed to get the 21st off as my Saturday rota so I'm all good!

I'm not expecting anything amazing from the Meg but it will be nice to make sure it's okay.

Yes, there's spaces left and I've included you on list of runners.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Update!

We had a quiet day at work yesterday, so myself and one of the tech's tackled fitting the Milltek de-cat I bought.

It's a lovely quick and easy job that just takes 30 mins...

It's an awful awful job! [emoji30] which took many hours, and much swearing!

But well worth it, the Megane has a much more purposeful sound, that in my opinion sounds awesome.

I didn't get any photos because it was such an arse of a job we just cracked on, and forgot about the camera.

I also won this little beauty on eBay last week, a Forge FMIC for less than half the price of a new one so I was well chuffed.

Needs a little more of a clean up, but it's in very good condition, and I intend to get it fitted this evening.

All I need now is a set of injectors, and friendly mapper to set everything up properly.

I'm looking forward to the rolling road meet on Saturday, not that I expect these mods to do anything without mapping, but it will be good to see how the engine is running regardless.
66d8062e7564deda416482ced75ec013.jpg
111afe8d8b6cdd2ce20c6d640cb64153.jpg
aaf171748d8cf65079d6820938409520.jpg
e940d92643911af9bb39fefd595a2706.jpg
b8e93382d4333431e6f99be8a8384175.jpg