ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197/200 Model Guide

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
RenaultSport Clio - 197 & 200
Model Guide

Clio 197 - introduced in 2006

Following on from the clio 182, the 197 filled the spot at the top of the clio model range when the mk2 ceased production.

Specification included:

Brembo four pot brakes
305mm vented discs
Rear diffuser
Integrated cooling vents in the front wings
Keyless entry and go
12 spoke, 17" Raider alloy wheels
Continental contactsport 3 tyres
Air con
Soft touch dash
Front fog lights
Body coloured wing mirrors and bump strips
Cruise control.
Five paint options-
Ultra red (solid)
Racing blue (solid)
Albi blue (metallic)
Deep black (metallic)
Nimbus silver (metallic)

It was a very generous specification as standard, with options being limited to:

Climate control
Heated, folding mirrors
Sunroof
Recaro seats
Projector headlights
Steering wheel insert
Xenon headlights with cornering lights
Renaultsport side skirts
Renaultsport splitter
Cup spoiler

renault-clio-rs-197_lux.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 197

Clio 197 F1 Team R27 (2007):

To celebrate Renault's 2006 Formula 1 success, the RenaultSport Clio 197 F1 Team R27 was released. This model introduced the cup chassis to the Clio 197 range.

Limited to 500 UK units, the standard 197 specification was boosted via

Cup chassis (7mm lower ride height & stiffened suspension front (27%) and rear (30%)
Anthracite raider alloys
Recaro seats
Liquid yellow (pearlescent) ID paint was made available only to the R27s.
Numbered plaque
Door, bumpers & roof decals

Options available were:

Projector headlights
Xenon headlights with cornering lights
Steering wheel insert
Climate control
Cup spoiler
Renaultsport skirts

10984039426_7558ff5423_b.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 197 F1 Team R27

Clio 197 cup (2008):

Released the year after the Clio R27, the 197 cup entered the 197 roster as the most 'hardcore' and track ready 197 also featuring the cup chassis as standard

The 197 cup was only available as standard with:

Manual air conditioning
Standard non projector headlights
A hard plastic dash
Black textured plastic bump strips, door handles & wing mirrors

A new option of the 17" speed line (cup racer imitation) alloys were made available.

Colour options were limited to:
Glacier white (solid)
Nimbus silver (metallic)
Racing blue (solid)

01renaultcliocupcarreview.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 197 Cup

Clio 200 (2009):

The RenaultSport Clio was given a mid life facelift to tie in with the face lifted cooking model.

Aesthetic changes were the headlights, larger wing mirrors, the front bumper gained an F1 type aerodynamic blade and black plastic insert whereas the diffuser lost two of its fins... Gaining two chunky exhaust imitation trims in their place and the standard alloys were changed from Raiders to the five spoke 200 alloys.

The cup chassis and cup model were available from the off and Xenons were dropped as an option while an aux input was made standard.

Options were:

Projector lights with cornering lights (unavailable on cup models)
Heated, folding mirrors
A new GT spoiler
Cup spoiler
RenaultSport side skirts
Cup chassis (standard on cup models)
17" Raider alloys
17" Speed line alloys
Steering wheel insert
'Carbon interior pack'
'Yellow interior pack'
Recaro seats
Bluetooth
RS monitor/sat nav

Available colours were:

Ultra red (solid)
Storm grey (solid)
Glacier white (solid)
Racing blue (solid)
Albi blue (metallic)
Deep black (metallic)
Mercury silver (metallic)
Nimbus silver (metallic)
Alien green (pearlescent)
Liquid yellow (pearlescent)
Pearl white (pearlescent)

clio-200-horseshoe-dusk2-1280x720-507a632740278.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 200

Clio 200 Cup (2009)

Released alongside the standard 200, the cup model featured the cup chassis as standard and, like the 197 cup before it, had the tell tale black textured plastic door strips, handles and wing mirrors along with standard non projector headlights. Inside again were different door cards, manual air con, no cruise control and a hard plastic dashboard.

Available options
17" Raider alloys
17" Speed line alloys
RS monitor
Keyless entry and go
Steering wheel insert
Carbon interior pack
Yellow interior pack
Recaro seats

Unlike other cup models in the clio range, the majority of the 200 paints could be specced on the cup model, with the exceptions of pearl white and Albi blue.

clio-renaultsport.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 200 Cup

With the mk3 platform coming to the end of its life, Renault released some limited edition 200 models which came as standard with the most desirable options.

Clio 200 Silverstone GP (2011):

Available only in Mercury silver, the 200 silverstone came as standard with the cup chassis, Speedline alloys, recaros, the RS monitor and a numbered plaque.

50 models were produced for the UK.

Options were:
Cup spoiler
GT spoiler
Steering wheel insert

ash-200-side-2-1280x720-508261d9b61ff.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 200 Silverstone

Clio 200 Raider (2011):

As a final fair well to the mk3 chassis, the Raider limited editions featured matt paint, 18" interlagos alloys from the laguna and Megane R26.r, projector headlights, a GT spoiler and a numbered plaque as standard.

50 were to be produced, but official sales data says 28 were registered in total, 11 in diavolo red and 17 in stealth grey.

Options were:
RS monitor or SAT NAV
Steering wheel insert

DSC_2804.jpg

Stealth grey

dsc_1758.jpg

Diavolo red

If you notice ive forgotten anything, please inform a moderator to edit it.

...I'm aware ive forgotten about the Gordini, but I'll put that in as a footnote later.

Last edited:
  Megane R26
The original 197 wheels aren't Raiders. Raiders were the the brushed face ones available on the 200. I belive the original wheels were just called 'sport' wheels.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The original 197 wheels aren't Raiders. Raiders were the the brushed face ones available on the 200. I belive the original wheels were just called 'sport' wheels.

If you can find any original brochures with the name of the wheels, i'd be happy to have a mod edit it.

I can only find foreign ones which call them bebop lol.

Clio 200 full fat
really good thread :) only thing i thought was the ag 200 under the cup photo has ff wheels where as the cups
had speed lines a standard good right up though :smile:

Clio 200 full fat
now i think about it that would make sense you just dont see many with the standard wheels no worries glad someone did a guide for the 197 :)

Trophy S1 106 Rallye
The 2009 onward Clio 200 also had a paint option of having a black roof. I think the black roof was standard on the Silverstone and I'm pretty certain is was standard on the Raider. The optional Speedline replica Cup Racer wheels were also available in white as well as black. I've also seen a Raider with rear parking sensors too. I don't know if they could be specified at build for all 200's or just the Raider.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
What are identifying features of those with optional cup chassis? Anyone have part numbers of dampers etc? I have what I assumed was cup optioned car (anthracite wheels and slightly lower) - but it doesnt have red calipers which i have been told was in the cup pack. My previous 197 was not cup packed but it DID have red calipers!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
What are identifying features of those with optional cup chassis? Anyone have part numbers of dampers etc? I have what I assumed was cup optioned car (anthracite wheels and slightly lower) - but it doesnt have red calipers which i have been told was in the cup pack. My previous 197 was not cup packed but it DID have red calipers!

Red brake callipers and anthracite wheels.

But because people can spray them themselves, look at the springs, cup springs have an orange and a blue dot on them. You can see them through the front wheels

Clio 197
It's either an R27 that's had an older plate put on it or a earlier car with a respray. You'd be better off asking the seller to take a picture of the plaque as all R27s have a plaque inside with their individual number on them. Also worth noting the brembo decal is white. They only came with a black decal out of the factory which means the brakes may have been refurbed/repainted.

Clio 197
Also wanted to say that even at 125,000 miles, a genuine R27 in LY would be at least £5000 as LY commands an extra £1000 over normal colours from what i've seen.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Further digging i suspect its MG56BXA which comes up on dvla as an oct 2006 registration. Which i suspect is too early for an f1. Reg also comes up on clio197.net. owner mentions being LY, but also standard silver wheels being refurbed. But no mention of a respray or it being an f1.

Clio 182
Further digging i suspect its MG56BXA which comes up on dvla as an oct 2006 registration. Which i suspect is too early for an f1. Reg also comes up on clio197.net. owner mentions being LY, but also standard silver wheels being refurbed. But no mention of a respray or it being an f1.

It's BG56 though.

George_220

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RS200 Cup
Great stuff and a big help! A friend of mine owns a stealth grey Raider edition and it’s a fantastic car but not quite as nice and my other friends mums Alien Green cup!