ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 GT Turbo project pics .. updated

cleanside.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

I forgot to mention I have a carpet in now as well.. also other stuff... but dont want to over do the pics.. already posted more than I meant to lol.

I'll post an update as things get sorted in a bit.

Had to get the seat mounts re-fabbed.. as my 1st attempt with the design didnt go to plan.. but fit like a glove now..

caarpetin.jpg

carpet.jpg

I NEED to see the car Grant:) please gimme a shout when (if) I can have a nose round it :cool:

Hey mate.. no worries... I am only mid-flow! lol.. it may be a while but wont show it off till its finished.. the door trims arent even on and only got tempory pipes fitted in the bay etc new brake disks are here but getting new carriers chromed... new handbrake.. pedals... steering wheel.... harnesses...etc the list goes on a bit.. but not there yet....i'll give u a shout tho when it is ;)

where did you get our seat mounts from as mine are poo and fit s**t in my 5??

Matt, had them made... not cheap tho specially when u fook em up the 1st time.. :S just looked up some metal fabricator place and sent them the design.. u should be able to find them around most places locally.

Dont overly listen to the sounds with kickin bass... so opted for just a better player than the other one.. the quality of the sound even with just a new player sounds 10x better than the other one with the flippy spinny font on it.....and I get to see 'HIM' on dvd..

dvdplayerview.jpg

DVDPLAYERCANONBALLRUN.jpg

dont suppose you have your design so i can use it as a guide???

and whats the grovey switch for in the switch bit??

dont suppose you have your design so i can use it as a guide???

and whats the grovey switch for in the switch bit??

I didnt keep the design.. :S it was a bit of a discussion over the phone with the changes after my 1st balls up.. I just said add a bit here and cut a bit off there! lol.

The switch is for the charge cooler pump... I will be running a twin cooler set up in a few days... and that switch will be to turn the cc off so I dont get carb freeze when the weather isnt so friendly.

looks awsome well mines getting together just takes some serious man hours and money :)
will have to have a meet with both 5s

Turbos.
Yeah... that is cool Zonda. Thought about replacing the dash with a Clio item or something? It lets the otherwise sweet interior down IMO.

Yeah... that is cool Zonda. Thought about replacing the dash with a Clio item or something? It lets the otherwise sweet interior down IMO.

Yes mate, I have been thinking about that... but its one thing at a time... and kinda slow going. But after all the trim (more carbon hopefully if it goes to plan and other stuff I havent decided on) I fancy going fully digital with the dash... but this wont be till the other stuff gets sorted.. something like this..

http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?form_prod_id=310_5801&action=product

:)

Vw caddy tdi
Mint 5 m8. On page 9 do I spy a oe Renault rear rubber matt being used! Sorry to ask but cant help myself, would you sell the smaller rear rubber mats? I have been looking for ages already have the fronts. Alex

Lovely car fella...

Whens the last time you've actually drove her? What spec engine do you have?

Cheers VL. almost every day that its been sunny.. only rain stops play :) (last time was about 20 minutes ago lol) posted the spec earlier... but it changes by the month as its an on-going thing with tempory bits on..no point setting it up till its all on and dusted.. will take a while yet till its all sorted.

Mint 5 m8. On page 9 do I spy a oe Renault rear rubber matt being used! Sorry to ask but cant help myself, would you sell the smaller rear rubber mats? I have been looking for ages already have the fronts. Alex

Yes I have all the orginal Reno mats with Reno stamped on them.. I can imagine there arent that many around.. but soz.. holding onto them as i still like them.

Quick update...

Have a few new pics... managed to get a few new bling bits under the bonnet and a new stage 3 head fitted.. so its just going to get a few miles on it till its set up.

The carbon is now fitted..

carboninteriortrim.jpg

and after a shine up..
25thoct08g.jpg

enginesidepic.jpg

Front pic..
front0.jpg

More bits on the way... its getting there! slowly but un-surely ;)

doo like this alot and i would love to know what you have spent as ive spent a cheeky amount so im guessing you have spent alot more :) but bloody nice car

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Loving this thread, absolutley amazing car, one of the best 5's I've ever seen. Only thing I'm not overly keen on is the wheels, but thats just my personal preferance.

Hats off to you