ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 GT Turbo project pics .. updated

Hey folks.. I've not been around much and had a few PM's asking for pics of my 5.. I have pics scattered around here and there but not easy to find for some peeps..(I had trouble finding them myself) so heres a bunch of them and they should be easier to find for anyone interested with the new heading ^ sorry if you've seen a few of these before a while ago.. just close one eye and pretend you didnt see it again...lol the engine pics at the end are the latest pics with the alloy rad fitted.. u might need to click on the pics to see full size..

Almost everythings been replaced with new parts.. or just thrown away..lol.. (i have some nice new carbon and black leather seats but not fitted still) will try and get to use the car a bit more this year.. been garaged most of last year...occational weekend use.

front.jpg

4.gif

3-1.jpg

02.jpg

rear1-1.jpg

leftsidearch1.jpg

UnderArchespic.jpg

rear1.jpg

newbrakesfitted-1.jpg

newwheels.jpg

weightloss.jpg

03Engine.gif

gt1.jpg

mocaloilcooler.jpg

Just about to have an engine rebuild so will be the final thing to be restored to as good as new.

Thanks for looking and hope this lot will be easier to find for some guys that wanted to see em :) happing boosting.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Just out of interest what state was it before and how much have u spent getting it to this standard PM me if u wish, its just i have one tungsten grey 5GTT in my garden needing some TLC and would be intereted to know how much money i can throw at it!

Looks stunning though :D

SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!

speedlines FTW!!

Good call :) This is how I have it now.... (restored speedlines) I love the orginal alloys more and only the decals now are not the orginal 'colour' but are genuine Renault also.. this is how its staying... but I have the 15's kept in my loft should I want a change again.

7.gif

Cheers !! :)

Im sorry to bum you Zonda but that is literally perfection, I need to not look at this thread as Its making me dribble.

Cheers mate.. I have thought about it... so I'll let you know.. I remember there were a few peeps asking last year.. but I'll see how I feel this year... as I might be going overseas (but only a outside chance at the mo) thanks again.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Assuming i can find one in fair condition with a decent interior ill be getting one of these as a summer project, cant wait.

106 GTi
Paint a set of original rims in the body colour raider style - sorted.

Already have done that Rich.. but these were voted the keepers.. also when you see them in the flesh...they really do look nice on there.

Any pics, don't get me wrong looks great on the silver ones.

Cheers mate.. I have thought about it... so I'll let you know.. I remember there were a few peeps asking last year.. but I'll see how I feel this year... as I might be going overseas (but only a outside chance at the mo) thanks again.

Next year will be ideal ;) lol

Buy it and marry me ?

Just out of interest what state was it before and how much have u spent getting it to this standard PM me if u wish, its just i have one tungsten grey 5GTT in my garden needing some TLC and would be intereted to know how much money i can throw at it!

It was the only one I found after a lot of searching around....that was 'rust free' .. undereath was also as good... but needed every panel eith chip repaired or scratches removed or tiny dinks removed via 'chipsaway'. It cost as much as a full respray in the end but I wanted to keep as much of the orginal paint as i could. It was very well cared for with all the history.. but I wanted to have a very tidy car... so replaced just about everything to new.. many visits to Renault to buy lots bits.

106 GTi

It was the only one I found after a lot of searching around....that was 'rust free' .. undereath was also as good... but needed every panel eith chip repaired or scratches removed or tiny dinks removed via 'chipsaway'. It cost as much as a full respray in the end but I wanted to keep as much of the orginal paint as i could. It was very well cared for with all the history.. but I wanted to have a very tidy car... so replaced just about everything to new.. many visits to Renault to buy lots bits.

How did you find a good chipsaway guy, trial and error or recommendation ? You seem quite a prefectionist - how good can they fix things? I have a spot on guy for dents need a good paint guy though. Local chips away guy royally fucked up my old 205.

You need to do this to a Miami blue 205 gti. Then whack in a blueprinted Mi16 on ITBs pushing 220bhp.

I would LOVE that!

Would be awesome.

You need to do this to a Miami blue 205 gti. Then whack in a blueprinted Mi16 on ITBs pushing 220bhp.

I would LOVE that!

I had a 1.9 gti in both Grey and Blue.. I just never felt the same addiction to them as the 5GTT (this is my 5th 5) Its just been something I always planned to do... to restore a 5GTT to nice example. For me I only like the original looks and not even the bigger wheels anymore. Even these in grey looked a bit that way.

What can I say Grant ??

Mint as ever, i'd like to see it before you do sell it (if you do sell up)
I'll forward Darren on some of the new pics of it :cool:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
tungy grey is the best colour for the 5!!

oh how many weekends i have spent pissing around with them!! simple car to work on but i swear to god, every time u work on them you loose skin, blood and ALWAYS shear a bolt lol...

andy cook lives close to me and his rainbow warrior 5 made me smile every time i saw it! espescially when its been at pod lol

scoffs 5's were sexual too dunno if he still has them :) or moggy's turbo 2 or marts raider lol!

i miss rtoc :)

tungy grey is the best colour for the 5!!

oh how many weekends i have spent pissing around with them!! simple car to work on but i swear to god, every time u work on them you loose skin, blood and ALWAYS shear a bolt lol...

andy cook lives close to me and his rainbow warrior 5 made me smile every time i saw it! espescially when its been at pod lol

scoffs 5's were sexual too dunno if he still has them :) or moggy's turbo 2 or marts raider lol!

i miss rtoc :)

scoff will always have 5's its his passion......scoff is king of the not normal crew.............an appsolute legend:cool: