ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 GT Turbo project pics .. updated

Vw caddy tdi
the 13's look mint bud always wanted a model raider myself. Where did you get the original door sticker kit 4 the big 5??

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
More pics needed!

Makes me smile everytime i see this car...Very few on the forum do that!

For originality it's superb...but i prefer the black centred rims for presentation.

lol, How many people went straight onto Pistonheads/Autotrader after seeing this thread to see how much you can pick one up as a toy for nowadays pmsl

the 13's look mint bud always wanted a model raider myself. Where did you get the original door sticker kit 4 the big 5??

Cheers Alex, I looked at a Raider when I was looking for one ..I just couldnt find a good one... but wish you luck in finding one ..they do turn up so keep an eye out...and be quick :)

The door decals I bought direct from Renault... make sure you get the right ones depending on the colour of the 5 you have/get .. as they vary.. they are about £90 inc vat.

More pics needed!

Makes me smile everytime i see this car...Very few on the forum do that!

For originality it's superb...but i prefer the black centred rims for presentation.

Cheers for that Ali.. :) I think thats a going to be a case of swapping over from time to time.. the 13's have the 80's originality.. but the 15's do have more grip being a bit wider and better tyre options... (also they have the edge on handling) so both will have a turn from time to time..lol.

Vw caddy tdi
I have a 2006 renualt merchandise catalogue with some nice little 1/43 models in it including your tungsten r5 my favourite are the williams1, Savium SG2 in renualtsport colours trailering a calberson R5 turbo. I'll have to check the 2007/08 catalogues too!!

The 5 is out and about... wicked day in the sun.. :cool: just running in at the mo and took a few happy snaps..

02-1.gif

7.jpg

00.jpg

1.jpg

:)

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
If you ever one to sell that. Put me down for first refusal!

The 5 is out and about... wicked day in the sun.. :cool: just running in at the mo and took a few happy snaps..

02-1.gif

7.jpg

00.jpg

1.jpg

absolutely mint mate. i've got a raider myself (std on the outside bar a louvered bonnet and clear indicators/side repeators). its got a pretty tuned engine though:cool: this has made me wonder whether to bother sell it...hmmmm

Totally stunning as ever.

- Grant if you get spare time, i'd like to see Darrens ex car again mate. Drop me a pm if you fancy it.

Totally stunning as ever.

- Grant if you get spare time, i'd like to see Darrens ex car again mate. Drop me a pm if you fancy it.

Guys... thanks for u'r kind replies!! was good reading them..cheers :)

hi Craig... no worries mate... 100% ... I have plenty more to do... (brakes/engine/seats) so just going to get those sorted and I'll deffo give u a buzz to meet up and see that stunning Vee of u'rs.. :cool:

Here's the new seats... leather/carbon Porsche GT3 style.

carbonGT3side.jpg

carbonGT3.jpg

Just having the brackets fabricated for me.. so will be in after that.

Nice one mate. Seats look ace too :)

They are super light .. I have bought 5 sets of seats so far! (seriously lol)... then change my mind.. either too heavy or too uncomfortable but after a test fit these ones are just right.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
really stunning, you must be dead proud. lovely seats too, but i think the car sits better on the original wheels though

really stunning, you must be dead proud. lovely seats too, but i think the car sits better on the original wheels though

Thanks for all your cool feedback.. :) Clart... yes I hear u.. I really like the speedlines.. but after I put them back on for a while.. I realised the car didnt handle as well and there was less grip with the 13's ... so I decided to go back to the 15's for those reasons.. I will from time to time swap over just for a change at some point ... I have them here to swap over when I feel like a change... but the car doesnt drive as well with them. Also.. 15's are most likely the best option for the 5 for performance and not over sized (chav). I am happy with it now tho.

What size discs has it got on the front mate ? Do the 13's still clear the caliper etc ?

Yes mate... they are 238mm I think... the reason I wanted them that size was so I could still put the speedlines on if the mood took me. But I have been enquiring about some nice Wilwood 4 pots so may go for bigger disks with those.

Thanks!

I had to get the seat mounts re-fabricated.. so delayed fitting at the mo. So instead... I gave the engine its 1st proper tidy up today for 08..

ENGINEMAY08.jpg

ENGINETOPPIC2MAY2008.jpg

ENGINETOPPICMAY2008.jpg

I've sort of come to a decsion... that I cant be assed to do anymore to the engine! I have a box of stuff I was going to put on... but I think its reached a good enough level now for what I want.. (dont want to over chav it) so I think it will stay like this now... and happy with it. Just need to get it tuned up now its done 300 miles since the rebuild... and ready for the summer :cool: