ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 GT Turbo project pics .. updated

FOR SALE!!!
gorugoes mate lovely work im tempted do an r5 our celica up how much has it cost you ruffy to get it to this state?

Renault 5 GT Turbo
I have seen that car on RTOC, a bloke called Grant had it,,, Essex way me thinks...

Truely lovely car, put my clean/standard ish 5 to shame.... Even so no rust on my 5 either.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
That is Amazing, So so clean, Would love a 5 GTT for a Project

How did you find a good chipsaway guy, trial and error or recommendation ? You seem quite a prefectionist - how good can they fix things? I have a spot on guy for dents need a good paint guy though. Local chips away guy royally f**ked up my old 205.

Rich... the 1st time around they were very good.. and did a good job.. but after a few months I noticed the laquer was coming through on the passenger door.. and went back in to have it re-done.. has been ok since.. but was in there 6 weeks just to get that bit done.. which seemed like a bit of a long time. I am a bit of a perfectionist as well.. and spotted a couple of stone chips on the front bumper I want fixed again before the summer. But wont take it to Chips away next time.. but overall.. the work they did at the start was very good... and the colour match was unbelievable.. I couldnt see the difference in any light...and was a very nice finish.

P.S Thanks to everyone for all the compliments on here!!

What can I say Grant ??

Mint as ever, i'd like to see it before you do sell it (if you do sell up)
I'll forward Darren on some of the new pics of it :cool:

Hi Craig.. cheers mate :) at the mo.. not on the cards to sell.. depends what happens later in the year.. but would hate to sell it after all the work ..time.. money.. and polishing.

i love that completly

where did you get most of your parts as im doing one up at the mo and its just been finished at the welders http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=286299
just a link so you can have a look.
ive got alot of parts from RTOC but need door cards etc and im struggling to get a decent set

Renault, Demon Tweeks, GT Tuning, K-Tec, BB...also GSF can be handy for parts..worth a check.

Good luck with your own project mate.. and be ready with the swarfega :)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
10k is a heck of a lot of money but what a beauty of a car, its so nice to see one thats not been "bad boyed" with body kits, huuuuge wheels etc. looks like ive got a lot of saving to do to get it to this shape!

P.s anyone got a spare garage i can use?? lol

i love that completly

where did you get most of your parts as im doing one up at the mo and its just been finished at the welders http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=286299
just a link so you can have a look.
ive got alot of parts from RTOC but need door cards etc and im struggling to get a decent set

Renault, Demon Tweeks, GT Tuning, K-Tec, BB...also GSF can be handy for parts..worth a check.

Good luck with your own project mate.. and be ready with the swarfega :)

p.s if your not looking for new parts.. why not try ebay for people breaking there cars.

10k is a heck of a lot of money but what a beauty of a car, its so nice to see one thats not been "bad boyed" with body kits, huuuuge wheels etc. looks like ive got a lot of saving to do to get it to this shape!

P.s anyone got a spare garage i can use?? lol

Cheers sash, you dont have to build a show car tho.. build it to your own taste.. and you can prob pick up a lot of cheaper parts on ebay.. but be carefull who u trust on there... but keep a look out and u might find some bits that you need at a good deal.

I've got a new set or the original 5GTT 'red side decals' and 51% in favour of putting them on to return it back to the original styling as it would have been from the factory.. I tried roughly painting on the red bits to see what you think? I like the idea of having the 80's style with those red decals.. but still only half decided... ?

withreddecals.gif

How it is now...

7.gif

Last edited:
  *Dynamique & RIP 172
very nice i had one of these years ago it was pearl white. It was the best car i ever had so far,

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
What a f**king stunning car.I would love a mint one of these to go out in a few times a year

Go with the red decal imo looks better.

Go with the red decal imo looks better.

fully agree....the red decals are as standard on a tungy 5:)

Cheers everyone.. :) Red decals will be going on again. I changed them to Silver more by mistake than anything. I picked up a new set just after I had the bodywork sorted... and Reno gave me the wrong ones (silver version)... but I ended up keeping them on there as they looked alright and a bit different.. but just want the original 80's looks back now... just like Mr Renault made it.. cheers.

The only probs with these Speedlines is finding tyres with the right dimensions.. 195/55/13 ? Cant find any that size anymore. Only 185/60 profile. Was thinking about the Toyo R888's as I dont use the car in the wet.. but will have a check around.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Red decals would be my choice :)

And your car gives me more than a semi.

Dan

Thanks for all the cool feedback! I just got this and think it looks pretty good.. I went to take a 2nd pic and it spun away! still trying to find it again!

5gttmodelside2.jpg

5gttmodelside.jpg