ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing decals on 2118s

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
One of my decals has stated to rub away. I was thinking of using a fine wet & dry to remove them all.

Firstly, would this be safe to do so without ruining the paint on the wheels?
Secondly, if so what grade/grades should I use?
Thirdly, would it look cr*p? Should I leave it?

Pics of decal

8724288640_a303b44a5a.jpg

Untitled by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8723170373_0d50b93ae5.jpg

Untitled by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Don't wet and dry, I think even with a fine grade it'll be noticable in some lights mate.

It doesn't even look too bad, but if it's bothering you - maybe you could order a new set from Ady and stick them on top?

Clio 197 f1
the issue you will most likely have is all paint fades with the sun. so even if you take it down with a 1500 wet and polish it you might end up still seeing the outlines in it as it will be darker or lighter under it. 2nd problem is that might be under the lacquer? (ive never looked at one up close) so you could end up burning through to primer and then it will need a re-furb.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah and so does n2grafix but I'd need to lacquer over them to keep them from coming off and I don't want to ruin the finish of the wheels with my lacquering skills. Ill just leave it and stop being anal about it!