ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you put on your chips

"Navy" N17 TWO

What do you all use to treat your chips and scratches?

I have what looks like "snow" at the front of my rear arches - hundreds of very tiny white specks, I cant feel them with my fingers though so thats prob a good sign - I hope

Also got a few scratches and chips under my left door and a few more here & there

Ive tried Meguiars Scratch-X on the scratches - it works with a lot of rubbing and elbow-grease....
.....Then you wash the dam thing again - all your scratches stare you in the face when you run round drying the car :cry:

Touch-up paint pen leaves "blobs" on your paintwork so you need a blob remover - like this - http://www.midwayautosupply.com/detailedproductdescription.asp?9027http://www.midwayautosupply.com/detailedproductdescription.asp?9027

It smoothes out the "blobs" left by touch-up paint to leave your paint looking like new

Anyone know where I can get something like this in the UK? (Its nearly $70 to ship from that site:eek: )

[Edited by Tigger on 16 August 2005 at 7:38pm]

Clio 172mk2

ye got same problem , mines just on its nose though , i used turtle wax stick which looks great untill the following sat and a wash it all off

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

the turtle wax colour magic stuff that comes with the chip stick is great, ive used it a few times on FRS an its brill, dont rate the polish but the chipstick RULZ!!

"Navy" N17 TWO

curry chip with battered sausages for me - Twice if ive been on the juice all night :devilish:

Can Mothers California Gold Paint chip repair , or anything similar be got in the UK ? :confused:

Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by Tigger on 16 August 2005
curry chip with battered sausages for me - Twice if ive been on the juice all night :devilish: Can Mothers California Gold Paint chip repair , or anything similar be got in the UK ? :confused:Cheers

Or kebab with chips n curry :D

Mazda MX5 1.8

Quote: Originally posted by RS-Steve on 16 August 2005

the turtle wax colour magic stuff that comes with the chip stick is great, ive used it a few times on FRS an its brill, dont rate the polish but the chipstick RULZ!!
agreed about the chip stick its pretty good

although i quite like the polish...... does quite a good job on my red!

assuming youre paint is original - ie not repainted tr this it works

blob the stonechips

allow day to dry then dampen small area of cloth with paint thinners and wipe over blob gently - it wipes off and doesnt affect paint leaving a neat touched up chip

;)

1.6 focus zetec....

if ur cars red try tomato ketchup, brown could be brown sauce or white you could try salad cream or mayonaise (then agen i fink thyre kinda yellow)

Kiza

106 GTi

Curry sauce or salt and vineger....

I touch up chips with a fine artists paint brush and then polish the paint a few days later with Autogym paint renovator.

Another good trick the get paint in the chip is a cocktail stick or pen. Then wipe the excess paint off with white spirit only leaving paint in the chip.

I used this on my old car.

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=27GUIDE

"Navy" N17 TWO

thanks for the appetizing tips Kiza

r-jay - will white spirit still work on the excess paint or "blob" if its been dry for a few days ? :confused:

cheers
trev

106 GTi

I have only ever used it to wipe off the excess straight away.

After a few days I level the dry paint out with polish or rubbing compound.