ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dent Removed AND a Meguiars Convert

Mondeo STTDCI

Story time with no real point here chaps....

Got the dint in my door removed (more or less) for £60 at this place - http://www.clean-image.co.uk/http://www.clean-image.co.uk/

Everywhere on the web I looked I seemed to be able to find reference to a guy called Tracey at Dent Devils but they obviously didnt want the business after ringing them 3 days in a row and 5 times on the third day no one rang me back to book. Exasperated I called Chips Away who do a dent service and the local area guy "didnt do paint less dents" and tried to refer me to his mate "Darren from 100% dents" which wasnt happy about so I did a bit more of a search and found this place.

They seemed to use an external guy but he knew what he was doing. Had some pictures of some really rare looking motors he had done work on (Im talking 1936 Grand Prix or whatever it was then cars - looked astonishing).

Anyway he did it in 5 mins and took me £60!!! What a great game!

Got home and found my NXT Tech Wax, #16 mirror glaze, the clay detailing kit and assorted cloths on the doorstep. Havent got pics but take it from me it looks nice! Used to use Zymol but found this stuff better.

The End.lol

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Nxt followed by megs #16 is a great combination, last well too.

Ive got a little tip for you. If you are using NXT paste wax from a tin and also #16 from a tin you can mix the contents. Wait till you only have a bit of each left, then spoon the two into one tin. Place the tin (without lid) in a saucepan with water so the water only goes up 75% of the way up the tin. turn the heat up slowly and use the spoon to mix the wax when it gets soft. I think the wax melts at like 40 -50 c so keep watching it and as soon as its turned liquid remove it from the water. Its ready to use as soon as its solid again. I find it works great but only use it when im short of time, usually I do NXT then #16.

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 16 July 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">ill remove dents for £720 an hour too! hehthat guy must be minted!

Ill find you a Russian bride and a bearded Thai lady for £720 an hour.

Mondeo STTDCI

Quote: Originally posted by optical on 17 July 2005

Nxt followed by megs #16 is a great combination, last well too.

Ive got a little tip for you. If you are using NXT paste wax from a tin and also #16 from a tin you can mix the contents. Wait till you only have a bit of each left, then spoon the two into one tin. Place the tin (without lid) in a saucepan with water so the water only goes up 75% of the way up the tin. turn the heat up slowly and use the spoon to mix the wax when it gets soft. I think the wax melts at like 40 -50 c so keep watching it and as soon as its turned liquid remove it from the water. Its ready to use as soon as its solid again. I find it works great but only use it when im short of time, usually I do NXT then #16.

Cant be arsed with the mixing but I was well happy with the finish. Wish Id done pics! Waiting for it to rain now so I decide on how well it beads off and also on the next wash at the weekend. If its any good at all i should get a couple of washes without NEEDING to reapply.

As far as reapplication is concerned what should I do...? Put NXT over the top and finish with Mirror glaze again?

1.5dci

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 16 July 2005

Story time with no real point here chaps....

Got the dint in my door removed (more or less) for £60 at this place - http://www.clean-image.co.uk/http://www.clean-image.co.uk/

Everywhere on the web I looked I seemed to be able to find reference to a guy called Tracey at Dent Devils but they obviously didnt want the business after ringing them 3 days in a row and 5 times on the third day no one rang me back to book. Exasperated I called Chips Away who do a dent service and the local area guy "didnt do paint less dents" and tried to refer me to his mate "Darren from 100% dents" which wasnt happy about so I did a bit more of a search and found this place.

They seemed to use an external guy but he knew what he was doing. Had some pictures of some really rare looking motors he had done work on (Im talking 1936 Grand Prix or whatever it was then cars - looked astonishing).

Anyway he did it in 5 mins and took me £60!!! What a great game!

Got home and found my NXT Tech Wax, #16 mirror glaze, the clay detailing kit and assorted cloths on the doorstep. Havent got pics but take it from me it looks nice! Used to use Zymol but found this stuff better.

The End.lol

Just had a look on the website..... do they come out to your car, or do you have to take it there?

Mondeo STTDCI

What service are you looking at? I went there to have it done as regards the dent.

Can anyone answer my question above regarding re-application? Just do another layer of NXT then #16 again?