ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Puddle/Damp in my drivers footwell?

This has happened twice now, that my car has been sat for a week and when ive come back there has been a puddle in my drivers footwell and under the seat with most of the carpet being damp.

I have no idea how its happening, checked the door seals and no signs of water coming in that way, only thing i can think of is under the car, any suggestions?

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Think the scuttle drains get blocked and it comes in as the water overflows basically.

Do a search, I've seen photos etc of the problem on here somewhere

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Think the scuttle drains get blocked and it comes in as the water overflows basically.

Do a search, I've seen photos etc of the problem on here somewhere

Probably this. My m8's 172 had the drain underneath the washer bottle blocked with leaves, small twigs etc. That leaked into his passenger's footwell - so it maybe the same on your driver's side?

D.

Jap Box
I had this problem over the winter with mine, it was the drains under the scutle panel being blocked as said above. Cleared them out and havent had a problem for 8 months now :)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Yup scuttle drain gets blocked as renault put a flap in it :S flap traps s**t and then gets blocked.... solution? rip out the flap =]