ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Passenger Front Footwell Water Ingress

The issue I’m having might have been covered before so apologies in advance, with all the rain we’ve had I’ve noticed water pooling on top of the passenger door seal towards the front of the car and eventually trickling into the footwell. I’ve included a couple of pics. The carpets aren’t wet anywhere apart from the small area circled on the pic. Could it be the door seal or other drain holes else where?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0310.jpeg
    IMG_0310.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0311.jpeg
    IMG_0311.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Thanks James, I’m struggling to access that link due to permissions. Might be because of new account.
Its in the guides section so you need to be a paid up member. Well worth it though, that guide has everything you need to know.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks James, I’m struggling to access that link due to permissions. Might be because of new account.
It's a members only area.

£10 and you're golden.

Also worth checking the rear lights as the rubbers often dry out and let water in too... check boot area for water too.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

Ahh yeah, you need to be a paid member to see it.

Basically you need to take the door card off and redo the seals.

You must be the other silver 182 i've seen around Warrington?

It's a members only area.

£10 and you're golden.

Also worth checking the rear lights as the rubbers often dry out and let water in too... check boot area for water too.
Okay thanks, I’ll have a look

I’ve done the rear grommets with sealant, definitely water tight was leaking at some time in the past I think.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
The issue I’m having might have been covered before so apologies in advance, with all the rain we’ve had I’ve noticed water pooling on top of the passenger door seal towards the front of the car and eventually trickling into the footwell. I’ve included a couple of pics. The carpets aren’t wet anywhere apart from the small area circled on the pic. Could it be the door seal or other drain holes else where?
Thanks
100% door card seal. Door card off, Butyl Sealing Tape (tenner on Amazon), jobs a good un.

Here's mine.

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 13.58.47.png

Thanks for the help and guidance, I’ve had a similar problem with a VW in the past it sounds like the water is getting in the exact same way.