ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Log - Ph1 Flame Red 172

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Ah man. Thats s**t. I’ve had a number of things over the years where I only have myself to blame and for some reason it makes it worse.

To cheer you up here was my lowest moment.

39300b1e0b5805cd87103a3536289a67.jpg

Balljoint went. Probably my fault since the steering was a bit stiff but I just left it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gutting to see this, I think i'd have sh*t myself if the bonnet went up like that!!

Fingers crossed the bonnet works out and imo definatly get the bonnet catches colour coded as well

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Thats a bad run of luck mate ? on the upside alloy bonnet is a worthy upgrade.

What happened to the pipercross? Foam started disintegrating ? Mrs 225 has had one on for many years by the looks of it, was fitted by previous owner. Looked great from the top - took it off last year and the end had basically almost fell off so just sucking in unfiltered air.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thats a bad run of luck mate ? on the upside alloy bonnet is a worthy upgrade.

What happened to the pipercross? Foam started disintegrating ? Mrs 225 has had one on for many years by the looks of it, was fitted by previous owner. Looked great from the top - took it off last year and the end had basically almost fell off so just sucking in unfiltered air.

Certainly feels it!

Yeah, glad I managed to find one locally too. Makes sense to change it to alloy if I'm going to have to get paint anyway.

Dunno, last time I checked it was fine, next time, just not attached to the mesh at all! So yeah, it's binned and doubt I'll use pipercross again. Just seems a bit risky

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Mesh is seperate on my pipercross insert mate i was like that from new..a bit pikey to be fair. It cant be sucked in as mesh seals top and bottom of the box

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
That's s**t matey, no damage to the roof though hopefully?

Also, you going to weld that new clip into the box? They have a habit unfortunately of going again once they pop the first time.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That's s**t matey, no damage to the roof though hopefully?

Also, you going to weld that new clip into the box? They have a habit unfortunately of going again once they pop the first time.

Some damage but not enough to do anything about when it's a track car these days.

Yeah that's the plan, sod it happening again.

Looks cool! The colours reminds me of some toy or something.

I hope you will be sticking with the very reliable Renault bonnet catch and not installing those silly aero forgettables

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So just over a month since last doing anything and a mere 4 months since buying them I've finally fitted the new wheels with pilot exaltos on them which are my preferred road/wet track tyres

You'd think I would've cleaned them eh?

FCB0F504-F946-4106-AEAE-8A971F473599.jpeg

Moved over the Citroen washer jets, fitted the wiper arms and wipers and then realised why my electrics were playing up today

C4105413-8BF4-4C9C-8C55-2DEAAAA829E1.jpeg

Well under a year old :(

Still had to go get droplinks for the civic so got another and took all of a minute to sort it out.

Next, refit the passenger seat and tax on the 1st

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
You know how its that weird week between Christmas and New Year and your sleep pattern is in tatters? Well I just re-read from when I bought it back on pg 18/19. What a journey its been in that time!

Taxing it again from the 1st, hopefully I have another good spell with it again, its f**king due me one!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It's possibly just one very small tiny little crack. So here's a bodge to be proud of. Will need to get more fluid and if it works I'll make it more permanent with some chemical metal.

4A529B9A-1FC0-437E-B140-181C6CF88303.jpeg

Thought I'd bring some class to the garage tonight though.

59F2085F-4A8D-400C-9AF8-F317E29B1594.jpeg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh, did another 2 things, refitted the pass seat that we put in @Djw Dave RB several months ago. For the second time in a year. No pics.

And since I see the underside of the bonnet as much as the top that got a "clean" with something and a micofibre. Hopefully it was soap and water but I genuinely have no idea!

D7D45FCF-3AD7-457E-86CD-E17183056A17.jpeg
68D22892-3C23-4F52-A034-CA07D7A5199A.jpeg