ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Clio 1.2 Extreme

Clio Mk2 Ph2
I got this car a few years back as my first car just before I passed my test at 17, didn't really care about it that much back then, but now I think it's time I show my clio some love.

You can also see and follow my project in a bit more detail on my blog by clicking here.

Picked her up for £3.2k with 14k miles on the clock back in 2007, and back then I thought I was the Michael Schumacher of the road so I picked up a few dents and scratches but nothing major. So to start the project off this I what I have:

5594967671_8c3dd3a337_z.png

And some of the more 'serious' scratches:
5595555818_ee55a1b465_z.png

5594975675_8f416c3c0e_z.png

As you can see I also lost some wheel trims along the way...

I then took the car to the body shop to get the scratches and dents out, I just picked it up now so it could do with a bit of a clean...

5619107160_1587a4c298_z.png

I also got some tacky looking halfrauds wheel trims until I can get my hands on some alloys.
But yeah, at the moment the car is your standard clio.

To-Do List:

• Eibach Sportline Springs
  • 16" Black Alloys
  • K-Tec Stealth SuperSports Exhaust
  • Paint Renault badges black
  • RS Grill
  • Smoked Side Repeaters + Tail Lights
  • HID Lights
  • Wind deflectors

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Changed my mind about getting the sportlines and went for a set of Raceland coilovers instead. They arrived from Germany today :)

Coilovers-1003x1024.jpg

Just need to wait for my wages to come in now so I can go get them fitted...

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Yeah mate. Fitted mine myself at the weekend with a bit of help from a mate.

It's not rocket science especially if you use the guide

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Hmm yeah I was thinking about doing it myself, just scared I would c*ck it up because luck never seems to be on my side.
I'll have a look over the guide and see if my dad is free to help me on over the weekend, he's usually good with that kind of stuff!

Clio Mk2 Ph2
got them on yet? ;)

Not yet, been working pretty much every day and that's been killing me! But got this weekend off so after looking at the guide I've decided I'm going to try putting on the rear ones myself and then taking the front ones down to a garage to be fitted. Got quoted £35 each, so £70 doesn't sound too bad to me!
Did you buy a set of Racelands in the end?

chumpmobile
ok cool man!

yeah got a set!
had some before but i fucked them so went for some more haha!

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Finally got round to getting my coilovers fitted! I also found out that on my old suspension one of the springs was snapped, so I was driving round in a death machine. How I didn't notice I do not know.
Got the rear down as far as it can go (55mm I think it is with the Racelands) and the front down by 60mm, although I may lower it a bit more. The ride comfort isn't as bad as I was expecting but I do feel speed bumps a bit more than I used to.
Anyway, picture time! Here is how it was before:
20hlpfr.jpg

And after:
pap1g.jpg

And you may have noticed I have also tinted my side repeaters.

Last edited:
  chumpmobile
looks good!

lose the wheel trims man!

you should colour code the side strips now :)

oh and get rid of that extreme sticker on the rear ;)

Clio Mk2 Ph2
looks good!

lose the wheel trims man!

you should colour code the side strips now :)

oh and get rid of that extreme sticker on the rear ;)

Yeah the wheel trims are going, don't you worry! :p
I'm going to go on a hunt for some OZ F1's.

Turbos.
So is the 'Cup' Extreme? I.E. an Extreme 3? I like the front bumper on those, the foglight look taken from the Megane RS is really cool.

I had the first Extreme, which came with the green seats and badges on the B Pillars. You got alloys as standard, mine even had climate control. Boo-yah.

Clio Mk2 Ph2
So is the 'Cup' Extreme? I.E. an Extreme 3? I like the front bumper on those, the foglight look taken from the Megane RS is really cool.

I had the first Extreme, which came with the green seats and badges on the B Pillars. You got alloys as standard, mine even had climate control. Boo-yah.

Yeah it's the Extreme 3, but mine didn't come with alloys as standard :( Unless the previous owner decided to take them off before he/she sold it....

Clio Extreme 1.2
Yeah it's the Extreme 3, but mine didn't come with alloys as standard :( Unless the previous owner decided to take them off before he/she sold it....

I have a 2004 Clio Extreme. Does yours have the barcode seats?

Mine didnt come with alloys either- I thought the previous owner had removed them as well (although it had one lady owner from new).

Turbos.
Extreme was generously specced, Extreme 2 and 3 were bargain basement for the student market. I think the latter are based on the Authentique rather than the Dynamique.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Get it colour coded and it will look sexy like a motherfucker! Inferno is win :eek: get some chunky anthracite alloys :) team dynamics 3 iirc? Something along those lines... IMO of course

Clio Mk2 Ph2
how much was the shockers and springs that you have on ya car mate ???

Do you mean the coilovers? I paid £180 for them.

I have a 2004 Clio Extreme. Does yours have the barcode seats?

Mine didnt come with alloys either- I thought the previous owner had removed them as well (although it had one lady owner from new).

Yup, it has the barcode seats and mine had one lady owner from new as well!

Get it colour coded and it will look sexy like a motherfucker! Inferno is win :eek: get some chunky anthracite alloys :) team dynamics 3 iirc? Something along those lines... IMO of course

Yeah going to get some alloys and the colour coding will be my next job, do you reckon I should take them to a body shop to get that done or just buy some primer and spray and get it done myself?
Also those team dynamics 3 do look very sexy!

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Your car looks much better now since you lowered it, what are your plans for it now?

Thanks! :approve:
Going to chuck some alloys on it next, then after that get it colour coded and get a K-Tec stealth supersports exhaust on it.

Clio 1.2 Extreme
Ive got a 1.2 clio extreme 05, dont know what i wanna do to it but i am looking to do something to make it look better. Anyone know if the Renaultsport Clio 200 rear bumper would fit my car (with modifactions obvs) or something that looks similar to it?

Help would be very welcomed lads/lasses

Monaco
Yeah going to get some alloys and the colour coding will be my next job, do you reckon I should take them to a body shop to get that done or just buy some primer and spray and get it done myself?

I would always get them done at a body shop - you never get a great finish by yourself. Plus, the amount of paint you need you dont save that much anyway. If you want to save costs, take the parts off the car, mask off what doesnt need painted and take them in to a body shop.

Alloys look mint. Th exhaust will sound great.

Clio Mk2 Ph2
My K-Tec Stealth SuperSports system arrived last week and I've finally got round to fitting it. Can't really capture sound in a picture but here's one anyway:
n4aw41.jpg

I knew it was going to sound better, but I wasn't expecting it too sound this good! Would recommend it to anyone.
Let's just hope I've fitted it properly. What's the worst that can happen....

MK3 GTI golf 16v
looking good mate

you got some sport seats yet ? i put some in my old non sport and it transformed the car. felt so nice to be in