ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Love the 98T. Like I said before - if that's any resemblance to the crazy turbo-lag in reality - those drivers of it back in the day - were Gods....
I agree. Now im back in the swing of it it's one of my favourite motors on there. Just not in the rain. Crank the boost to 5 bar and enjoy lag like no other..:cool:

DCi
I'm sure I picked a rainy day and no TC when we were doing weekly trials

If someone picks a track I'll do a lap and record it

Impreza RB5 #054
The lotus 98T is a complete doddle to drive compared to the Mazda Mx5 from the recent stance worx DL pack.

1250bhp with the boost wound up in a MX5 body, it will happily spin up the rears at 170mph on a straight in the dry. Un drivable

DCi
The lotus 98T is a complete doddle to drive compared to the Mazda Mx5 from the recent stance worx DL pack.

1250bhp with the boost wound up in a MX5 body, it will happily spin up the rears at 170mph on a straight in the dry. Un drivable
Haha thought I'd give Hockenheim Classic a go and it was troublesome

Also tried the lotus at Le Mans with the turbo set at 6bar (max)

Engine blew as I crossed the start line after my warm up lap lol

Last edited:
  RS Clio 182
Ive gone back again to the Clio Cup to do it on 100% distance and 85% AI .....fantastic racing.
The below video is me battling for 3rd at Donington,this is what racing is all about,fighting the guy in front while the guy behind is also fighting me,putting in consistent laps while racing on the edge,and its swings and roundabouts for a few laps until i finally get past and finish 3rd. This is where the game really shines imo.

On lap 11 i do a great overtake to get 3rd but then the 5th placed guy comes through and takes both of us! This is where they really got the AI right,here. The 2nd race i actually won by 2 seconds,as i got more used to driving the track in the Clio again.

Last edited:
  Goliath I
This is what I love about Project Cars and past F1 games, those long races where you're fighting lap by lap both on track and mentally through trying to process a strategy. I get far more enjoyment playing a single, 30 lap race than I do through a Category Competition in Forza.

The only things that lets Project Cars down for me is the lack of being able to save mid-game, which puts me off doing 25 plus lap races. Also, the pitting system, if your team mate pits and then you do, rather than double stack like in F1 you drive straight through which can absolutely ruin your race. You're not told that your team mates in the pits until they're actually IN the pit box having the tyres changed, it would be better if they told you 'Your team-mate is pitting this lap' on the radio.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Is this still buggy as f**k? Got a ps4 on the way, surely the issues have been sorted?

RS Clio 182
Is this still buggy as f**k? Got a ps4 on the way, surely the issues have been sorted?

A lot of it has been sorted...some areas of the game like the Clio Cup work flawlessy imo. You just have to remember the weather patterns hehe. Thats a grey area of the game for me,when its light rain and im struggling,im not sure how much the AI struggle aswell.

SQ5
Well, I got rid of this after not getting on with it on the controller on Xbox.

Last week, I went to a customer who has just bought a house to live in whilst his proper house gets refurbished and upgraded. Got talking about various things and he's had the double garage turned into a games room.

He's also started racing so needed something to practice.

b537d0f98dc9d4a3a5efc11ecc8255f6.jpg

After a few visits and talking he asked if I wanted to have a go, so he set me up in a Clio at Snetterton and this changes the game completely, he left me for half and hour and I was fully used to it.

I can't even play Forza now as it just feels wrong with a controller.

What wheels and setups are people using as I need one?!

I can't afford a Vesaro at £35k+ but have seen a couple of cheap seats and stands for £200, just wondering if the wheel I go for should have proper force feedback or is the bungee system in the 458 wheel good enough?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Is it possible to race a mate online, with no contact, and the rest of the racers AI?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
That set up looks amazing! Would love to have a go on something like that.

But yeah I agree project cars with a pad is shite, after a bit of practice you can get used to the twitchy handling but then there was tyre temp issues too.

Evo 5 RS
That setup is a fair wedge, mind. Simply using a wide aspect here and an age old Logitech G35 and a decent wheel stand is enough to become immersed for a smaller price. Problem is, now you've tried that you won't settle for less.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Is it possible to race a mate online, with no contact, and the rest of the racers AI?
Yes, m8.

A m8 of mine and I have been on Oulton a fair few times with a sprinkling of AI cars chucked in for good measure. I like that you can mix up the field - chucking all sorts of machinery into the same race.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Still playing the absolute f**k out of this.
20161027134605_1.jpg

20161026093613_1.jpg

20161026093524_1.jpg

20161027134639_1.jpg

Did a 4 hour enduro yesterday at Le Mans in a McLaren F1. Managed P3 which wasn't too bad considering I kept twatting the backmarkers and having to pit. Last 2 laps were epic as I had some suspension damage and had to reach the finish before P4 caught up with me. As an aside, I love the dirt accumulating on the cars as time draws on - nice touch.
20161027134652_1.jpg

20161027134655_1.jpg

20161027134708_1.jpg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I still play it as well, it's mega with a proper rig setup. Plays a lot better than assetto corsa as well imo, which feels cheap in comparison and the FFB is no where near as good in my opinion

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've never got on with Assetto Corsa. I've tried like hell to get all the settings right and it still doesn't feel at all realistic to me. Don't get me wrong, you can't get the arse end out on Pcars in a lot of cars, but it's still realistic enough to not piss me off constantly.

RS Clio 182
After a couple of months on F1 2016,i had a blast on Pcars on the Nordshcleife for the first time in ages - wow the graphics are in another level to F1...i played at 6am and loved the way the sun blinded you at times. The game still feels immense to play.

Im planning on getting Asetto Corsa in a few weeks...but i can see me being disappointed with it as i love certain elements in Pcars like dynamic time of day.

The physics,realism and ferraris of AC appeals to me though.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Did enjoy this game for a bit shame it was so s**t with a controller though. Plus xbox online is dead now. Did download it again a few months back but as it takes so long to get into with a controller I barely touched it.

Listerine & Poledo
I'm late to the party here, got the GOTY edition on discount from PSN.
Best £30 I spent.

I am shockced that, for a car game, there isn't at least 1 standard MX5 though, the hideous wel-sik, redbull monstrosity can go suck it's own boost pipe. I want to do laps of Cadwell in a 1.8.

The Sauber though.......ooooft.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm late to the party here, got the GOTY edition on discount from PSN.
Best £30 I spent.

I am shockced that, for a car game, there isn't at least 1 standard MX5 though, the hideous wel-sik, redbull monstrosity can go suck it's own boost pipe. I want to do laps of Cadwell in a 1.8.

The Sauber though.......ooooft.

I know. The one for Assetto Corsa doesn't work any more either, annoyingly.

Love the Sauber. And the CLK GTR (LM) too.

Listerine & Poledo
I know. The one for Assetto Corsa doesn't work any more either, annoyingly.

Love the Sauber. And the CLK GTR (LM) too.
I think I spend nearly all my non-career laps on the MSV tracks. The Sauber doesn't take well to the club section of Cadwell, but the Snetterton 200 is a proper game

Who else has all the damage modelling switched on? I dont get why you wouldn't, other than to make the game easier.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Errything on.

I love driving the Focus RS too. The Meganes are twitchy as f**k - Oh, you used something other than full throttle whilst turning the steering wheel? Allow me to pitch you into a wall backwards. Even under full throttle the arse sometimes comes out.

Listerine & Poledo
Errything on.

I love driving the Focus RS too. The Meganes are twitchy as f**k - Oh, you used something other than full throttle whilst turning the steering wheel? Allow me to pitch you into a wall backwards. Even under full throttle the arse sometimes comes out.
Front wheel drive? What is this, a pass plus scheme?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I struggle to balance Mid-engine cars on this game. Far harder than in the GT games. At least with FR cars, you're not instantly in the fence when you have to correct mid-sweeper

The only ones I don't really like are the Megane Trophy, RXC Turbo and the 12C. The rest I've found pretty easy to drive tbh, even that horrible looking W motors Hyelashckan Hyperedgy.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Annoyingly I would say that that's about the only real option at that price point since you can't use a Logitech G27 with a PS4.

A T300RS is a much better wheel if you can stretch to that.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
The Thrustmaster is the slightly better quality wheel, although the G29 comes with a clutch pedal (although no shifter as standard with either wheel).
The thrustmaster looks so cheap compared to the g29 though imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk