ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

DCi
29 car lobby. Qual 8th finished 1st - couldn't find clear track in qualy then in the race I let them all kill each other

Also saw an accusation of 'teleport hacks' (not aimed at me) but I assume that's just lag haha

I just got a 53.330 after 10 min but need to tweak a bit as I got 1 red tyre and 1 blue lol.
Whenever I've attempted this challenge my 2 front are red. Not good. Something wrong with setup. Even after 2nd lap their red. 53.9 I got, got bored. Lol.
Never seen a red tyre on any other race.

More fun blasting around imola in a supercharged atom. :cool:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Got a 52.9 and now the game keeps crashing when I exit so isn't saving my times anymore as I have to quit the game completely.

I love how you can tune for separate tracks and when you go to that track its all set up already. Could end up spending a lot of time tuning in this game.

DCi
I just got a 53.330 after 10 min but need to tweak a bit as I got 1 red tyre and 1 blue lol.
Yeah I got that. I can never be arsed tuning because I'm not that clever... I just assumed with Brands hatch being nearly an oval it will just always be that way

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Oh, hello Cadwell Park. You're a twisty, little technical sod, aren't you?!
First time on there last night - picking the Zonda R was probably not the wisest choice however. That's definitely one track I want to learn - looks good fun.

RS Clio 182
Oh, hello Cadwell Park. You're a twisty, little technical sod, aren't you?!
First time on there last night - picking the Zonda R was probably not the wisest choice however. That's definitely one track I want to learn - looks good fun.

I spent 2 hours on cadwell last night testing out different cars..its a great tight technical circuit...i will post up a vid soon of a lap in the ginetta i did. The Zonda R and the tuned Mclaren were fastest for me there so far.

I've been struggling with this game on Xbox One with a pad, i was expecting to pick it up fairly easy after Forza. The first thing i did when it had installed was turn all assists off and go to manual gears and i struggled so much i go bored pretty quickly.

After reading through this thread, updating the controller and trying some of the suggested settings online i started slowly getting somewhere (still with all the assists off). Last night i was determined to put a few more hours in and i think i've finally cracked it, just done the Euro series (after the first karting one) and i comfortably won it after gradually increasing the AI difficulty each round.

My lap at Cadwell Park in the Ginetta G3 on the pad. The Zonda R was about 6 seconds quicker than this but i just love that noise from the Ginetta!!

Looks my kind of circuit! I'll be straight on that later. Good lap. Not driven that ginetta yet. Looks and sounds great.

I've signed up to the junior series, not raced yet.

Tried a midnight race in a storm at the nurburgring in the r8 race car..... wow.... my jaw was on the floor.

The noise, drama, visuals etc f**king amazing. The cars all flaming in the dark, lighting is amazing. Spray from all the cars impairing your vision.
Crack of thunder lighting up all the tree line, cars etc.

Couldn't see where the f**k I was going in helmet cam with all the rain and darkness.... soon crashed and lost my headlights. Lol. Had to retire as I was driving in complete darkness.... but what a visual treat.

RS Clio 182
Looks my kind of circuit! I'll be straight on that later. Good lap. Not driven that ginetta yet. Looks and sounds great.

I've signed up to the junior series, not raced yet.

Tried a midnight race in a storm at the nurburgring in the r8 race car..... wow.... my jaw was on the floor.

The noise, drama, visuals etc f**king amazing. The cars all flaming in the dark, lighting is amazing. Spray from all the cars impairing your vision.
Crack of thunder lighting up all the tree line, cars etc.

Couldn't see where the f**k I was going in helmet cam with all the rain and darkness.... soon crashed and lost my headlights. Lol. Had to retire as I was driving in complete darkness.... but what a visual treat.

Hehe,think i will try that! Yeah Cadwell is a great track to test cars out on as its narrow and technical..that uphill section is a real test..nearly lost it there in the vid. Out of the other cars,The Capri is a real handful,such a raw beast. The Sierra was quite tame compared to it hehe.

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172
Finally managed some progress last night after a lot of setting changes. If anybody is still struggling on xbone/controller try these settings. I've tested them on Dubai Autodrome and Laguna Seca with the R8 V10 - Clio Cup - Merc 190E DTM - Ginetta Junior - Focus RS and it's made a big difference for me, R8 is now drivable and the others behave much more predictably.

Steering Deadzone - 0
Steering sensitivity - 10
Throttle Dz - 10
Throttle Snz - 30
Brake Dz - 10
Brake Snz - 15
Clutch Dz - 10
Clutch Snz - 45
Speed Snz - 80
Controller filtering - 0
Feedback - 100
Input -3
Advanced -off

Also check in game play menu that the assists are off for steering and brake and the driving assists are set to real, hope it helps

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The more I play this game the more I'm loving it. I think I've just about settled on a controller configuration I'm happy with (until I get seat, wheel and pedals bought). Here's another montage I put together late last night. Not particularly engrossing racing as I was still in and out of the settings (I edited that out the video) but it was fun when the rain started falling whilst racing the 7 around Donington... it was bloody hard work! LOL!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I got that. I can never be arsed tuning because I'm not that clever... I just assumed with Brands hatch being nearly an oval it will just always be that way

Yeah I can keep both rears green now but both front end up red after a few laps. Last corner usually gets them both red then its just front left most the track. Letting off for 1 or 2 corners gives time to go green so I tend to ease up a lap if I mess it up. I love the tuning aspect its one of the best parts of the game just wish you could pause and tune like Forza.

Got my cable to update controller in the post today see how much difference it makes later.

Kind of deleted my career last night. Bit annoyed but I wanted to start off as I accidentally entered the go karts and they were shite. The really small ones are near impossible to work round those little tracks lol.

Inferno 225 cup
Yeah I can keep both rears green now but both front end up red after a few laps. Last corner usually gets them both red then its just front left most the track. Letting off for 1 or 2 corners gives time to go green so I tend to ease up a lap if I mess it up. I love the tuning aspect its one of the best parts of the game just wish you could pause and tune like Forza.

Got my cable to update controller in the post today see how much difference it makes later.

Kind of deleted my career last night. Bit annoyed but I wanted to start off as I accidentally entered the go karts and they were shite. The really small ones are near impossible to work round those little tracks lol.
w**k aren't they.

Mine deleted by itself. :( after I won Clio Cup i signed for formula and now it's all gone.

DCi
i done the go karts yesterday and the next event was a McLaren invitational - i thought it said 30 mins but it was actually 3 hours... had to quit oops.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
image.jpg

The set up lol

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
w**k aren't they.

Mine deleted by itself. 😧 after I won Clio Cup i signed for formula and now it's all gone.

Yeah sucks having to start over pretty much. Not too fussed though, going to redo the Clio Cup and then go onto the Junior Ginettas I think.

Need to try out more cars in solo mode too.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Oh is it lol doesn't give camber angles etc anyway I don't think. Done the controller update and doesn't feel much different and still not getting trigger feedback :(.

Just finished a race with 0.4l of fuel and the light was on lol. Good estimation or fluke I'm not sure.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Anyone tried this? http://www.pocketplayground.net/pcars-dash.html

Cool that you can get all the telemetry info up, might be handy for tuning.

I use HUD Dash which is similar, fully customisable which is good.

I've got tyre/brake temps, position, lap, and timing info showing on a cheap £30 tablet. Using an old Nexus 7 for the dashboard.

To have it all working properly after an update yesterday was great!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
One thing that bugs me is why doesn't it show you the time of your best lap at the end of a multiplayer race instead of your total time?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Its easy to just go flat out round a track if you know you're safe ploughing the grass. Keeps you on your toes.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think it's good and bad. It can be very frustrating doing a fast lap and just brushing the grass on a final bend and the lap being void. But then it does teach you to use correct lines and to be smooth, not aggressive. Which is something I'm struggling with, lol. I tend to have a 'rambo' style of play in most games so I'm still learning to take it easy on this and not just always brake late and chuck it into corners, which I have done in previous 'less realistic' driving games.