ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project CARS 2

That's Oulton now sorted!
untitled.png

RS Clio 182
Started testing some cars last night...Lotus 51 is a nice open wheeler to drive,can actually control that one!

That Zonda Revulicion is a beast!

How's everyone getting on in the Caterham at Knockhill in the community event? Managed a 51.204 with standard tune, don't want to change anything though as it's so much fun.

RS Clio 182
I won the Ginetta Junior championship - ive chosen Formula Rookie next on the same tier.

Brands Hatch with sun and snow flurries at the same time was a weird sight!

RS Clio 182
Just done the Ginettas too.

Did you find the Qualy and Race pace all over the shop? At Silverstone i was last on the grid,10 seconds off pole - but then in the race i won it by a few seconds lol,just steamed through them at the start. AI pace needs some balancing.

Evo 5 RS
Then why is every lap record set by a wheel if its easier with a pad? Oh and 'all' your records on PC1 are set with a pad? A quick browse on the PC leaderboards at Brands Indy with the TME Evo says otherwise as below, controller: wheel with ABS on and Stability on! Let me guess its harder on PC as well :tongueclosed:

29 Silent Scone View attachment 1337221 0:53.931 +0:02.732 View attachment 1337222 View attachment 1337223 View attachment 1337224 View attachment 1337225 View attachment 1337226 12/08/2017 19:44

Oh and why would I want to listen to a Cricketer regarding a racing sim?

I've driven the TME a couple of times, wasn't really into PC1 as much as Assetto. Didn't realise I was in the top 30, though with that car, thanks for that :wink:

Cricketer? I hate cricket, something tells me you're trying too hard with trolling as well as this lol.

Anyway, it's a dumb discussion. Next time you see a yobbo hurtling about in their car whilst holding a playstation controller, let me know :D

Last edited:

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
How's everyone getting on in the Caterham at Knockhill in the community event? Managed a 51.204 with standard tune, don't want to change anything though as it's so much fun.
Race director is a c**t [emoji23][emoji23]

Can't even take the actual lines that you would/should in real life without getting times deleted, I got down to a 51.4 but that's as quick as I'll go now seeing as I'm away to Ring/Spa now and it will be done when I'm home. Poor me

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've driven the TME a couple of times, wasn't really into PC1 as much as Assetto. Didn't realise I was in the top 30, though with that car, thanks for that :wink:

Cricketer? I hate cricket, something tells me you're trying too hard with trolling as well as this lol.

Anyway, it's a dumb discussion. Next time you see a yobbo hurtling about in their car whilst holding a playstation controller, let me know :smiley:

I had a go in the TME in PCars1 last night. Trying to do donuts, it would go up on 2 wheels, lol

Evo 5 RS
I'm s**t though 😂

It's set to whatever the default is.

Lol, yeah 50 is default. Some of the qualifying times the game generates if you end the session early are hilarious, though. I think it was Silverstone national, a lot of them were a good 10 seconds less than you'd ever get that car round there! lol

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, yeah 50 is default. Some of the qualifying times the game generates if you end the session early are hilarious, though. I think it was Silverstone national, a lot of them were a good 10 seconds less than you'd ever get that car round there! lol

Looking on the PCars forum, people are posting all sorts of bugs.

Expect a patch to be released pretty soon.

Just tweeted Projectcars as the bugs online are becoming tedious, hit and miss if you get a racing line, jumping and freezing loads and not letting you alter assists stating N/A when you clearly set them as free in online set-up.

Anyway they tweeted back saying a patch was incoming...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Just tweeted Projectcars as the bugs online are becoming tedious, hit and miss if you get a racing line, jumping and freezing loads and not letting you alter assists stating N/A when you clearly set them as free in online set-up.

Anyway they tweeted back saying a patch was incoming...

I've not even been online on it yet, may as well wait.

Evo 5 RS
Wasn't sure if it was my pedals at first, but during the Clio Cup it felt like the car was losing power. Up Paddock hill I just thought it was the car struggling but it kept happening till I re-engaged the throttle lol. Can't seem to find an issue with the pedal though. Wasn't engine damage either.

Managed to cook the Ginetta at Knock Hill during qualifying as it was a warm day. That's the only damage I've managed so far lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Wasn't sure if it was my pedals at first, but during the Clio Cup it felt like the car was losing power. Up Paddock hill I just thought it was the car struggling but it kept happening till I re-engaged the throttle lol. Can't seem to find an issue with the pedal though. Wasn't engine damage either.

Have you been using that cheap pump fuel again? The 98RON is a chargeable DLC, iirc..... ;)

Evo 5 RS
Few more cheeky snaps from playing over the weekend (The Scottish pub one is missing a menopausal woman at the blinds wondering why there's a hooligan car and a t**t taking pictures)

Also, have been using my ED Tracker for head tracking. It's not quite as good as VR but does help when checking mirrors or looking at the apex

Capture.PNG
20170924091641_1.jpg
20170924101027_1.jpg
20170924195000_1.jpg
20170925210422_1.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 200 Cup
Just turned it back on, on my Xbox One
Career mode has deleted itself
Wounded is not justified!
7.3 hours spent in that mode, just starting tier 4 and it’s wiped! No idea why or if it’ll come back
Not a great start for me
FM7 on Friday so this will get some rest to recover and hopefully patch!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just turned it back on, on my Xbox One
Career mode has deleted itself
Wounded is not justified!
7.3 hours spent in that mode, just starting tier 4 and it’s wiped! No idea why or if it’ll come back
Not a great start for me
FM7 on Friday so this will get some rest to recover and hopefully patch!

It's things like this which is why I decided to wait untill all the bugs are sorted before buying this game. Similar thing happened to me on pc1 but I lost a bunch of tunes which I spent ages on.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's things like this which is why I decided to wait untill all the bugs are sorted before buying this game. Similar thing happened to me on pc1 but I lost a bunch of tunes which I spent ages on.
I'm going to hang fire until Christmas before getting this - partly for this reason. Plus I should have the G25 properly setup by then.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Also, have been using my ED Tracker for head tracking. It's not quite as good as VR but does help when checking mirrors or looking at the apex

Must admit, I was really quite impressed with the XBox 360 Kinect within Forza. Perhaps the only real game that I used it with - yet that slight camera view turn towards the apex made a world of difference.

Evo 5 RS
Must admit, I was really quite impressed with the XBox 360 Kinect within Forza. Perhaps the only real game that I used it with - yet that slight camera view turn towards the apex made a world of difference.

Yeah, so far I've only really used it in racing games and Elite Dangerous, but for 35 quid you can't go wrong.

I'm all for VR and ready to bite for gen 2, but for racing sims I actually think it's a bit too much

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, so far I've only really used it in racing games and Elite Dangerous, but for 35 quid you can't go wrong.

I'm all for VR and ready to bite for gen 2, but for racing sims I actually think it's a bit too much

Yeah - it's got quite some way to go and arguably a bit, dare I say, unnecessary? Project Cars 1 on a Vive certainly isn't anything to write home about.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up. Do not like the Clio's on the pad. Lift off oversteer and then it's gone and race over. Really annoying. I do have a wheel somewhere but it's such a pain in the tits to set up every time it's going to stay wherever its hidden