ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project CARS 2

Listerine & Poledo
Me to as the way a steer with the controller is crazy...so my mate says. I thought its was normal to tap the stick instead of actually using your thump with small smooth inputs, lol. Tried the latter and no chance, I've been tapping to steer on racing games since the first xbox came out.
I had to turn sensitivity on thumb sticks right down, so I wasn't doing exactly what you describe lol

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Wonder how it will run on the Xbox, PC1 was a big mess at first and although it did improve a lot there was still some pretty annoying bugs.

A very addictive game once you got used to the physics though (using a pad).

Will be interesting what they do with the control past the limit though as mentioned.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Had the £49.99 standard version on pre order for a while now. Looking forward to it. Not been on Pcars for ages.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
After the initial release of the first one I'd never dare pre order this game but do look forward to seeing what it's like after release.

RS Clio 182
It will be very interesting the reviews/public perception of Pcars2/Forza 7/GT Sport - what a trio of games to come out in the space of one month!!

DCi
I downloaded PCars as I got it on my account when it was a PSplus game but never downloaded it as my internet was rubbish

I have it on PC with a wheel but my wheel isn't PS4 compatible... I can see why there was a bit of a reaction when the game came out.
With a bit of controller faffing, it's fine for the cars with downforce but starting a career in formula fords is hard work!

Might just stick with Gran Turismo and get PCars2 if I bother to get a wheel for PS4.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Just realised I have the week off after this is out. I think the temptation may be too strong! Might actually get some career done if I can play for a week, get past those b*****d karts

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I dont know what the fuss was about the pad on Pcars...a little adjustment and it was fine.

Oh the issues on release for xbox were certainly real and they were acknowledged on the forums by the devs. Not sure what it was like on other platforms though. That was among many other bugs on release too sadly. A great game after an update or 2 hence I'll see how this launch goes before buying.

RS Clio 182
Oh the issues on release for xbox were certainly real and they were acknowledged on the forums by the devs. Not sure what it was like on other platforms though. That was among many other bugs on release too sadly. A great game after an update or 2 hence I'll see how this launch goes before buying.

True there were a hell of a lot of bugs when it first came out but it didnt really spoil my enjoyment of the game. The Ring with dynamic weather,sunlight through the trees and helmet cam blew my mind hehe.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
True there were a hell of a lot of bugs when it first came out but it didnt really spoil my enjoyment of the game. The Ring with dynamic weather,sunlight through the trees and helmet cam blew my mind hehe.

I remember doing the lemans 24h with the dynamic day/night and the sun starting to come up looked amazing. The day/night and weather cycles was one of my favourite featires in this game.

Listerine & Poledo
Just to save the money? Dont understand...
Pretty much.
Even after people drop money on the UltraRareDeluxePlatinumRARERARESPENDSPEND version, there'll still be more DLC's as paid extras.
So instead I'll give it time to drop all those patches and to wind up on sale as a "Game of the Year" (or similar) in PS Store.

RS Clio 182
Pretty much.
Even after people drop money on the UltraRareDeluxePlatinumRARERARESPENDSPEND version, there'll still be more DLC's as paid extras.
So instead I'll give it time to drop all those patches and to wind up on sale as a "Game of the Year" (or similar) in PS Store.

Fair enough if youre that bothered about getting the game right now - i just dont understand people who will wait ages to get something they really want just to save some money hehe.

Im doing the same with FIFA next year after ive finished with PES.

Listerine & Poledo
Fair enough if youre that bothered about getting the game right now - i just dont understand people who will wait ages to get something they really want just to save some money hehe.

Im doing the same with FIFA next year after ive finished with PES.

Oh, also I forgot to mention Gran Turismo Sport.
Which'll be more than enough car-game for a long time

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
What's the deal with the deluxe edition? Is it just the season pass?

The Standard Edition includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Japanese Car Pack, featuring
- Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R
- Honda Project 2&4
- Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A
- Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX

The Deluxe Edition Includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Season Pass
  • The Japanese Car Pack, featuring
- Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R
- Honda Project 2&4
- Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A
- Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX
  • The Motorsports Pack, featuring
- Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44
- Panoz Esperante GTR-1
- Audi V8 DTM
- Opel Astra TCR

Edit: the Japanese Car Pack comes with the pre-order only, but will be available later in the year for those who haven't pre-ordered.

Listerine & Poledo
Excuse my ignorance but what's a season pass?:grin:
A way of paying for all the DLC in one go.
You'll get a years worth of content.....the stuff they could have just put in the game in the first place but instead used the opportunity to coin some more revenue.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Just 'pre-ordered' a whole 2 hours early or whatever it was at the time, to my amazement it was only £1 more on Steam than it was on cdkeys! Better be good, bought it on a total whim but can't not buy a new racing game tbh.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
lol didn't unlock till 11, I was spark out by then. Set the G25 all up though ready for a binge on it later :D

RS Clio 182
5am at Knockhill,the sun rising over the pit garages - wow wow wow.

The 'live track 3.0' is VERY impressive,i set it to start on heavy rain then go to dry - the way the puddles form and grow,then the track dries but the puddles stay and dry up slowly is excellent - you really have to watch where youre putting the car.

Driving with the pad feels fine right out of the box imo. The Megane 275 feels very nice to drive for a road car.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Downloaded yesterday, looking forward to trying it out.

Had a quick look through the menus this morning, looks fresh.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I've not had a chance to play it yet so I don't know if this is possible or not, but is there a way that we could organize a private cs.net server for us all to have a race on?