ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project CARS 2

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's coming back, and looking very promising.

My main complaint with PCARS one was the beyond-the-limit handling, i.e. Under/oversteer simulation. It looks like they've focused on that and they've brought Vaughn Gittin Jr. on board, which is great news as he's a simracer as well as a pro drifter, so he knows what's out there in terms of other sims, so hopefully they'll be able to bring that realism to this.

That also helps out with Rallycross too, which is another new thing.

Other than that, more cars, more tracks, better looks. Looking forward to it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep, totally agreed on the handling. The model was amazing but it was VERY spiky once you drove over the limits of the car.
Looking forward to the second!

By the handling do you mean once over the limit its to difficult to get it back? My only gripe is when online, when people join the session its flickers which when on a hot lap can totally ruin it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
This is the only game that is tempting me to get a VR set at some point. Some of the videos with VR are amazingly cool, could easily be mistaken for real life
I'd still be a little wary of VR at this current time. Taking PC1 into account, the inside of the car looks epic - anything outside the windscreen, less so. They've probably come on leaps and bounds with PC2 - however I would still recommend demoing it before buying any VR kit.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
By the handling do you mean once over the limit its to difficult to get it back? My only gripe is when online, when people join the session its flickers which when on a hot lap can totally ruin it.

It's just completely shite, all realism goes out the window when you lose the arse end. Only possible exception is the 300SEL AMG, but even that isn't great. The one drift car (Mad Mike's MX5) in the game is completely broken.

Listerine & Poledo
Still no MX5?
Very, very disappoint. Surely its the staple of Track days, more so than a "2015 HONDA 2&4 CONCEPT". The Radbul MX5 thing can GTFO. I want a stock NA/B 1.8.

I get that it's probably a niche request amongst the "hardcore" racing gamers, but come oonnnnnn.

GT2, with the full used-car list, of TIgras, old silvias, mazda 323's, Mondeos etc. THAT was a list to be proud of.

Conversely, the track selection is awesome

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Still no MX5?
Very, very disappoint. Surely its the staple of Track days, more so than a "2015 HONDA 2&4 CONCEPT". The Radbul MX5 thing can GTFO. I want a stock NA/B 1.8.

I get that it's probably a niche request amongst the "hardcore" racing gamers, but come oonnnnnn.

GT2, with the full used-car list, of TIgras, old silvias, mazda 323's, Mondeos etc. THAT was a list to be proud of.

Oh, don't get me wrong, if they did a pack with Combe, and typical UK trackday cars such as MX5, 1*2, 3 series compact, 106, Leon etc then it'd be the most downloaded thing of all time.

It's just completely shite, all realism goes out the window when you lose the arse end. Only possible exception is the 300SEL AMG, but even that isn't great. The one drift car (Mad Mike's MX5) in the game is completely broken.
Does take some getting used to, but can just about save it now with stability on, off and it's laughable in GT3's and above.

Another thing is a coming together with another car, you seemed glued to each other, stupid!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Does take some getting used to, but can just about save it now with stability on, off and it's laughable in GT3's and above.

Another thing is a coming together with another car, you seemed glued to each other, stupid!

You can 'just about save it' but you can't deliberately hang the arse out. You can barely spin the wheels in a 500bhp Aston.

Pussies.

I'm AIDS negative on a joypad.

(this probably explains a lot when my time comes in)
2017-08-02-13-30-29-.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Still no MX5?

Lol - that would be epic. Blatting around Donington in a wafty 2.5 V6 Mondeo, while Calibra Turbo man comes up the inside and attempting to catch the Celica GT up ahead. :up:

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I'd still be a little wary of VR at this current time. Taking PC1 into account, the inside of the car looks epic - anything outside the windscreen, less so. They've probably come on leaps and bounds with PC2 - however I would still recommend demoing it before buying any VR kit.
Yeah I definitely won't be splashing out any time soon. I'll just convince my mate with the PlayStation kit to let me borrow it!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah I definitely won't be splashing out any time soon. I'll just convince my mate with the PlayStation kit to let me borrow it!
Having played DIRT Rally a fair amount in PSVR with a wheel, it's a game changer.
I can see Slightly Mad doing the VR function justice. Hopefully!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Having played DIRT Rally a fair amount in PSVR with a wheel, it's a game changer.
I can see Slightly Mad doing the VR function justice. Hopefully!
Great to hear, I've only managed to play stupid stuff with VR, and whilst Surgeon Simulater is hilarious it doesn't feel like it's really the technology at its best.

Listerine & Poledo
Great to hear, I've only managed to play stupid stuff with VR, and whilst Surgeon Simulater is hilarious it doesn't feel like it's really the technology at its best.
VR's still in it's infancy, most "games" are little more than tech demos.
Patience young man, patience

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Plus the resolution in the headsets themselves, and the GPU horsepower to run such high resolutions, isn't really there yet, as Sharky pointed out the other day.

Listerine & Poledo
Plus the resolution in the headsets themselves, and the GPU horsepower to run such high resolutions, isn't really there yet, as Sharky pointed out the other day.
I dunno about that.
A GTX1080i will happily handle the 2x1080p monitors that a VIVE uses (in real terms).
But, well....you go spec up a tower for that. And, you know what, may as well SLI 2 of those cards so you can still play the latest VR in a years time

#PCMasterRace
#JustPissMoneyUpWall
#MoreFPSThanYou
#StillLivingWithMeMam

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I dunno about that.
A GTX1080i will happily handle the 2x1080p monitors that a VIVE uses (in real terms).
But, well....you go spec up a tower for that. And, you know what, may as well SLI 2 of those cards so you can still play the latest VR in a years time

#PCMasterRace
#JustPissMoneyUpWall
#MoreFPSThanYou
#StillLivingWithMeMam

But the point was that 1080p isn't really enough for VR. To be convincing you're looking at 4k, per eye, at 90+fps.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

I dunno about that.

#PCMasterRace
#JustPissMoneyUpWall
#MoreFPSThanYou
#StillLivingWithMeMam
It's getting there... a 1080 Ti can give nice results for limited tech demos but the games are a bit lacking in terms of visual candy. All the bells and whistles we've become accustomed to in modern games don't work so well in VR due to the different way in which the frames have to be delivered to the display hardware. That's why AMD and Epic are spending so much time on reverting back to 'old-skool' forward rendering as it's better suited to VR (approx 25-35% performance improvement). The only downside is that we lose all the nice lighting effects and clever post-processing effects we expect in modern games.

It will get there eventually... probably a couple of generations of GPU away yet I reckon.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Even now, VR looks awesome.

Love when an LMP1 darts past and covers the windscreen in water from its wake.

It's got potential... but so much blur, jaggies and low-res assets :( That said, the first few goes the immersive nature of it really draws you in but then you start to notice the rough edges! :p It looks like VR is here to stay this time (well, a little longer at least) so it's going to get much better over time.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Even now, VR looks awesome.

Love when an LMP1 darts past and covers the windscreen in water from its wake.

I wonder if they will model it to an extent that you would see the other drivers' head moving? Looking into the mirrors, etc?

Interesting that there's some graphic corruption on the chain-link fencing - I've noticed that before on the original Project Cars.

RS Clio 182
Ive booked Sep 22nd off work to check the drainage at Oulton Park.

Great to see tracks like Knockhill in it this time...proper TOCA memories!

I just hope theres customisable championships this time..

RS Clio 182
Yeah i'm looking forward to trying Knockhill!

I think first thing il do is a dry to wet race there in the clio cup hehe. Its a great circuit for close racing.

I really hope theres reverse grid/mandatory pit options....would make it the ultimate racing game for me.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
@JamesBryan have you still got your wheel and seat set-up?

Yeah mate, never got rid in the end. Waiting for this new Pcars.

I think first thing il do is a dry to wet race there in the clio cup hehe. Its a great circuit for close racing.

I really hope theres reverse grid/mandatory pit options....would make it the ultimate racing game for me.

I think it says 3 layouts, so i guess there might be the reverse circuit.

I need a wheel setup.
Me to as the way a steer with the controller is crazy...so my mate says. I thought its was normal to tap the stick instead of actually using your thump with small smooth inputs, lol. Tried the latter and no chance, I've been tapping to steer on racing games since the first xbox came out.