ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Caddy... MOT... 200k & Beyond

It wouldn't go for free... people have already have dibs lol

you "think" you actually love me... no think here... all out salfordan love tbh

I'd like to do players as ive never been before... we shall see, it falls a little close to my hols :(

Cheers Folks :)

a thirsty one
yep thats the beast, i had my tired on way home from work scowl on.

it was a tourer but i thought it was silver but tbh i was tired and moody

Well it failed to get to Edition38 lol.. I was just to busy to get it done in time and i'd pretty much lost heart till now

Its still not finished but its getting there.. downpipe and pump timing then its all go

I will let the pictures do the talking....

IMG_7984.jpg

IMG_7961.jpg

IMG_7973.jpg

IMG_7963.jpg

IMG_7967.jpg

IMG_7968.jpg

IMG_8003.jpg

IMG_8012.jpg

Volkswagen seats are like sitting on a wooden chair Daz.... French cars are sofas on wheels... Ph2 Valver leathers.. best seats ever?

Cheers Muggles... Me and my mates have not long had this work shop... roll on winter ;)

Right!!! lets get back on track..... it has been awhile:eek:

The main thing holding up my caddy was the downpipe. I planned to get a S/S 2.5" one made but I was never flush enough to afford one.. so it sat looking like this for a few months

IMG_0442.jpg

So when cash is low and you have no car on the road there is only one thing to do... Rig something up lol.. Mk3 TD downpipe cut in half and a long arse 50mm exhaust flexi to the standard caddy exhaust

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

With the downpipe now sorted it was time for the dreaded MOT... It failed, not on to much tho.. abit more welding, number plates, wipers and brake lines... I got the work done and it passed its retest yay.. Its been on the road for just over a week and im loving it :cool:

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

Plans now... Chassis notched, 3inch blocks and axel height adjusters... low for shows and like it is now daily

Cheers for reading

PS Warning.. Do not fit poly bush engine mounts to a diesel ""LMAO"".. Abit savage.. they were removed sharpish

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks awsome, a few of my friends have them as they are good for transporting their bikes around. One of them has done a vr6 conversion I belive... Pic below!

24906_352924391119_599976119_4279244_5944902_n.jpg

Aye its staying as it is on the outside Tom... Im leaving it to age lol

Naith... Sort a meet out soon.. Im gutted i missed the last minute one the other day

I hate Mk1 VR6 conversions but for some reasons caddys can pull it off.... I bet it flys!!!!!!

German plates are staying off... its got pull over written all over it with out the illegal plates lol

This is the first week in 3 years it has been on the road as my daily.. Still loving it, cheers folks :D

It has been a weekend of problem solving and ironing out the niggles

Friday night my altenator belt snapped... I tryed nursing it home but it got very hot as they do when the waterpump is not spinning lol.. I fitted a new belt on saturday morning but it is still over heating.. Im going to change the rad this afternoon.. I hope this cures the over heating

I have also rigged up a 50mm sidey exhaust.. using an ashley Mk1 Golf exhaust system, It now sounds like a stacker truck lol

The caddy was stolen on tuesday.... The aux belt snapped again so I had to dump it on wardley industrail estate as i had a hospital appointment to attend... when i returned to tow it home at 8pm, it was no where to be seen.. I had a quick look around in shock and returned home and rang the police thinking it had been impounded for being abandoned lol

The police had not impounded it.. so they visited my home and asked a few questions and went out to try and find the car... 15minutes later I get a phone call... they have found it

It had been joyrided round the industrail estate with no aux belt and when it died they dumped it..... Damage wise... Hotwired, 1/4 window smashed, windscreen smashed, New exhaust & number plate ripped off.. Docs, tools and tailgate hinges stolen out of glove box.. Oh and a trashed engine

It could have been much much worse tbh.. Im just glad it wasn't crushed by pikeys lol