ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Caddy... MOT... 200k & Beyond

I owned this caddy 1.6 Diesel in early 2007 after swapping it with a mate for my Mk1 Golf, then late in 2007 I swapped it for back for him to fit bathroom window in my olds house lol.. Since then the car has just sat in his back garden ratting :approve:

I have now bought it back for £200, spent £15 having the exhaust fixed and just put it through its MOT today, knowing very well it would fail lol

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

Considering the truck is 21 years old & its been sat for well over a year, it didn't fail to badly... It needs a bit of tinkering with the lighting side of things and a fair amount of welding doing... Oh and it blew a core plug, so that needs seeing to aswell

Its still all very new to me all this VW shizz and I will be getting alot of help from my mates over next few weeks to get it ready for its re-test

Future plans include... MOT, fitting the flipped rear axel (100mm drop), Front Coilovers (up to 120mm drop) and my 8x13 Formula Renault split rims

Some pics of it back on my mates front lawn... awaiting work

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

Last edited:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i may purchase this off you when you come to sell,

i actually plan to own a rat caddy pick up diesel as my next car alongside the 172..... i will be very interested to see how this thread goes

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wow! I'd love to be your mates neighbour, it looks divine round there!

Loving the Caddy btw, trying to pursuade my business partner for us to get one as a promo vehicle but he fails to see the appeal! lol.

It is on the edge of a council estate but there are far far far worse estates in Manchester... You want to see his back garden (4 cars and about 3 cars worth of parts)... his neighbour f**king hates us lol

Caddys are not for everyone... deffo a love / hate thing

B

Brown.

Is this trying to be a ratrod or just a shed? cos it does just like a shed ...

a thirsty one
i know that house, its a nice area no trouble or crime. pass it on my way to work, havnt seen the caddy on the road for quite a while mate.

good luck.

Cheers man.. think i will need it lol

heres the fail sheet from this handy online link http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ ... equest.jsp

Horn does not function (1.7.1b)
Registration plate lamp not fitted (1.1.5a)
Nearside Front Direction indicators not in good working order (not working) (1.5.A1b)
Nearside Front Side repeater not in good working order (not working) (1.5.A1b)
Hazard warning tell tale not working correctly (1.5.A4b)
Nearside Front Hazard warning lamps not flashing in phase, with ignition on (1.5.A4a)
Indicator tell tale inoperative (1.5.A3)
Nearside Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (8.2.2)
Offside Inner centre Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded (5.1.B.6)
Offside Rear wheel arch Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)
Offside Front floor Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)
Nearside Rear Suspension spring mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)
Nearside Front floor Suspension spring mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)
Nearside Outer centre Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded (5.1.B.6)
Nearside Front wheel arch Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.2)

B

Brown.

Its not trying to be anything... you think it looks a shed.... erm because it is lol

just checking you wernt many of the dissolutioned out there lol..... you into mx or just like the pickup ness ?

just checking you wernt many of the dissolutioned out there lol..... you into mx or just like the pickup ness ?

What you see is what you get... if people think its a rat ride then so be it, Ive not gone out my way to make it a rat... its o natural and i don't have to care for to much if at all

Pickups are just really handy and it has a tow bar to A-frame my 5 rally car:approve:

Just need to get the welding done now... Finding a good price for it to be done is proving a problem lol

and ive picked up 2 more 8x13 Formula Renault Mad'in splits... Just need to refurb them like the other 2 and get the tyres fitted.... but they are not going on till its batty low

IMG_2708.jpg

Clio mk1
Awesome project, look forward to the final outcome, by the way where do you get wheels like that??! Look awesome!

I got the 2 of the wheels with a Formula Renault 2.0 8V engine i swapped for an F4R... long story lol... took me over a year to source another 2

There are some reet weird caddys on there neil lol

I still can't find a welder in my budget... might have to wait till next year now

ValverInBits
lot's of "ecessively corroded" in that MOT report, fun times mate. A great way to learn how to weld :)

Small update... no pictures as ive lent my camera to my olds

I got a welding quote on saturday morning, it was bang on my budget.... so its being done this week

I spent the day on my mates ramps at ats cleaning up all the areas to be welded, this helped keep the cost down, while i was doing this my mate changed the oil & fit a new sump gasket and fitted the core plug in the block

Left to do.. re-mot, insure and tax... so im aiming to have it road bound for early jan

M

mini-valver

Awesome! My brother had a tidy matt black one on ATS cups, slammed. Scary to drive quick though, oversteer was mental, lol!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
There are some reet weird caddys on there neil lol

either ends of the scale and both for sale

Photo-0037.jpg

2428383809_b24b1c9f4c_b.jpg

2429198150_7cb95c65c3_b.jpg

awesome, just loose the focus indicators and that is mint, maybe too mint for what i would want it for though

Caddy1.jpg

Caddy4.jpg

Caddy9.jpg

Caddy12.jpg

i love this one, really really like it, perfect for what i would want it for, i have been thinking of ways to afford it, including taking the clio off the road,