ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Caddy... MOT... 200k & Beyond

Few up dates

All the welding is done... for the bargain sum of £120, he even welded the patches in the bed... I still can't get the indicator lights working on the clocks and the horn is temperamental but got over christmas to figure them out

Im to skint to get it re-MOT'd, taxed and insured before christmas, so im aiming for early January to have it on the road.... Now ive scrapped my white 5. I have brought it home and it is in my back garden so it was rude not to try on its future shoes

IMG_3701.jpg

Roll on coilovers and fitting the flipped axel FFS!!!!!! lol

Last edited:
  ValverInBits
really want a caddy with a towbar atm.
Could a caddy be made capable enough (and legal) for towing small cars on trailers? Don't know anything about trailer laws.
PD150 diesel would be perfect :)

I plan to tow my 5 rally car on an A-frame... a full trailer and car might be a bit much for the little 1.6 Diesel and you ideally need to do a 5 speed conversion.... mines a 4 speed :(.. slow and steady wins the race LOL

M

mini-valver

My brothers was a 1.6 petrol 4 speed, lol. Awesome dude, get it dropped though, fast!!

mk4 golf gttdi180
A 198k 1.6D covered in diesel, chip fat, dirt and oil... Im going to drive it till that lump gives up and find a Mk3 Golf TDi to donar it :)
winston can i interest you in those cups still? you need a gtd engine in there amate ,theres a hole car on caddy owners for dirt cheap and just needs a oil cooler fitting

and ive got a 5 speed box if your interested?

Im still on a rimage ban dude lol

GTD lumps are awesome... but ive got to kill the 1.6 first lol

6x14's rare ATS cups Mr bone.... wouldn't fit over your brakes :(

FF RB 182
Gaz (BF) always enjoys reading your projects winston, and he says this looks like it's going to be another great winston project. Keep up the work.

Petrol Blue 182.
lol if you need more storage i can help you out. u can always send them down here for a holiday lol, ill even give em a clean :)

Cheers Gaz (bf) lol :D

Its still not road bound... Just waiting for a slot up at my mates ATS to fit these and few other bits :)

Bargain Raceland coilovers, ended up costing me £80 :D

IMG_3858.jpg

lol @ chip fat power ;)

loves the winstanley projects, looking forward to seeing it at meets soon mate

jamie

The spare axel I have is already flipped... I still need to get some early beetle shocks tho

I'd love to fit lowering blocks ontop of the flipped axel but i still need it to be able to take a pretty hefty load