ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Caddy... MOT... 200k & Beyond

The time has come to take my Golf GTD off the road and remove the engine for my caddy... Im car-less now so going to have to get it done ASAP.. Hoping to get it running over the weekend/early next week... so i and in for its MOT and I can take it to bugjam, Im just waiting on the remaining parts to come... Bug pack bush kit (every bush pretty much), gear linkage kit and beetle rear shocks

I hate working on diesels (esp in the rain).. everything is covered in an inch of oilly s**te :mad:

Sorry for the poor pics... i left it a little late in the evening and i was covered in the above s**te lol

IMG_6137.jpg

IMG_6132.jpg

Sat awaiting

IMG_5897.jpg

Nah... Just always messed about with cars since i was 16... trade wise ive got a degree in Graphic Design.. but would rather be up to my elbows and covered in above shite.. Im sure i will grow up one day lol

Cheers JME & Tyseen

The 5's taking a back seat... I will finish it... some time... Just saving up to get it how i want it :)

The french show scene is done and dusted for 09..... There is still loads of VW shows left to attend thus the focus on the caddy + I fancy hitting the track in late 09 with the caddy... It will be a Valver eater lol

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
not read all the thread

what engine is going in the caddy??

also, going to paint it up or rust ftw???

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Thinking of dropping a 440 lump in a caddy - been offered a lump with quad set up ( will change for sixpack ) + suregrip rear & prop for £800. It will sit perfect in rear of a caddy. Will just chop back end of and fabricate a a frame for the lump and build it into the cab. Need a caddy first though. Think the vdub scene needs some fresh material.

Winston - i have a 1.9 T lump for sale fully built up with integrated engineering rods, JE pistons ( 82.5mm bored ) and AGU head ( big port ) Its timed and ready to roll. Just needs a turbo & inlet manifold. I will throw in a standard 02J box + paddle clutch and solid flywheel. The engine is good for 500 bhp. Its £1350 - cost £2000 to build. If you know of anyone that wants one theres a 1'er in it for you.

Matt - I will ask about.... Give up on the ibiza?... Caddys are ripe for abit of RWD action

Fil b - a 1.6 Turbo Diesel from my Mk2 GTD with a few mods... should push 130bhp+

Mugglesquop - once you get it you won't stop smiling..esp when your driving it

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Matt - I will ask about.... Give up on the ibiza?... Caddys are ripe for abit of RWD action

Fil b - a 1.6 Turbo Diesel from my Mk2 GTD with a few mods... should push 130bhp+

Mugglesquop - once you get it you won't stop smiling..esp when your driving it

:D i'm just waiting for the right one to come along... dunno if i should go with a stock 1.6 D or aaz conversion....

might have a problem towing as well :(

still gonna get one tho :rasp:

Few bits turned up this week and few updates

Poly bushes

IMG_6142-1.jpg

Tailgate badge

IMG_6151-1.jpg

Boost gauge

IMG_6148-1.jpg

We are taking the caddy to my mates tonight to make a start on getting the bushes, 5 speed linkage, ARB in etc.... The engine was due back in today but i need to get an engine mount/bracket as mine had been cut to suit the TDi... Im hunting one down as we speak......

Random pic..... <3 My baby turbo

IMG_6164-1.jpg

Well not much in the way of updates... been skint & busy helping mates

The caddy ready to make its journey to my mates for the engine fitting

P1010603.jpg

In place awaiting the lump

P1010632.jpg

Caddy GTD badge fitted

P1010633.jpg

The old 1.6D engine missing a few parts and the engine mover of WIN!!

P1010622.jpg

After rolling it off the drive to get some other cars on, we heard some scraping/rubbing.... Turns out the 8x13's had been rubbing on the shock (not to much damage)... so they where removed for now plus the 5 needs to lend them back for its photoshoot ;)

P1010645.jpg

And as i had the camera out. I thought it would be rude not post some pics of the
Caddy & its T25 turbo derv big bro

P1010667.jpg

P1010652.jpg

I would swap my caddy for the wedge any day of the week... uber cool, Ive got first dibs if she ever sells up

I really can't wait to get out and about in the caddy

Cheers folks :)

Few more updates... engines still not in lol

Engine mount i was missing and poly bush insert ( the insert was for a petrol mount which ment it needed some modding to fit)

IMG_6568.jpg

Nice and sung

IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6594.jpg

New front mount intercooler from a supra turbo... means i can sell the rare GTD intercooler set up

IMG_6567.jpg

IMG_6574.jpg

Engine on the bench awaiting the mount and pump bracket fitting

IMG_6565.jpg

Deadline wise.... its done when its done but if it doesn't make it to Edition38 i give up lol