ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible new splitter found!! (Skoda Fabia)

106 gti, RB 182 cup
Hi guys. Dont know if any of you already know this but i think i may have found a new splitter for the 182's, 172's etc. Was at work and started looking over a new car and found its splitter. Shape, size and the look of it seemed perfect. So checked if we had one in stock which we did. Trial fitted and finaly decided on how it should be secured and its now fitted. Only slight mod when fitting is to cut a small amount off each end as its slightly too big but only just, about 2-3cm if that.

Best thing about it is it looks like a genuine renault cup splitter. Price from renault is roughly £100 but i bought mine for just £10!! :D

Oh btw its off a skoda fabia 2007 onwards!!

Sorry about the pics unable to get decent size ones as there off my fone.

Thanks James

18032010193.gif

18032010194.gif

18032010195.gif

106 gti, RB 182 cup
Re: Possible new splitter found!!

yeah sorry about them will get better ones tomorrow :) after giving it a well needed clean

MK3

Dynamiqueee

Was that £10 brand new, or used?

Either way it's still a bargain i suppose if it looks half decent!

Best thing about it is it looks like a genuine renault cup splitter. Price from renault is roughly £100 but i bought mine for just £10!! :D

106 gti, RB 182 cup

Thanks for posting the pics whiteley :)

I work for a skoda dealership in lincoln so i can grab the part number and then you can either ring your closest dealer or i can order them in and send it out to you. It completly your choise chaps. I think retail its about £13 trade is £9. Oh and the price is for a brand new splitter :)

Part Number is....5J7 807 061

Hope your guys like the splitter :)

S4 Avant

Doesn't have the same profile as the cup splitter, but for a 10th of the price, can't complain

Peddled device

Thanks for posting the pics whiteley :)

I work for a skoda dealership in lincoln so i can grab the part number and then you can either ring your closest dealer or i can order them in and send it out to you. It completly your choise chaps. I think retail its about £13 trade is £9. Oh and the price is for a brand new splitter :)

Part Number is....5J7 807 061

Hope your guys like the splitter :)

How much for one to be sent to me by yourself ?

Cheers

J-J

ClioSport Club Member

IIRC this has been done before, there was someone in the 'What do you expect from a dealer' thread on about how Skoda couldn't understand when he asked for one because he couldn't give them a Fabia registration number lol

Iceberg 172

I've just ordered one from skoda... The part number they had for it was 5J0 807 061 9B9... The last 3 digits refers to it being satin black.

Jeez, how can Renault justify the price of the cup splitter when skoda are selling that low??

Picked up mine this morning for £10.19 + VAT = £11.98 :D

Will try fitting it on Friday!

How many self tapping screws do I need to use?

330Ci (Fail)Sport

Excellent find!

I'd been looking around for a thin megane one with no luck so was going to get a Pug 307 one. Will be getting this now!

Iceberg 172

Picked up mine this morning for £10.19 + VAT = £11.98 :D

Will try fitting it on Friday!

How many self tapping screws do I need to use?

About 10 if you can.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow... I just hope it's the right one as they didn't recognize the part number I gave them from squibby.

172, Tiguan

Will be ordering asap. That's a bargain. The 2 different part numbers are concerning though. Be interesting to see if they're the same part! Let us know Steve.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Winner. Purchased mine £12 delivered to my door.

(Dealer is over the road)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Phoned 2 dealers. Easy as pie.

5J0 807 061 9B9 is correct, you don't need a reg despite what your local parts r****d says.

Audi S1

Do they have a branch locator?

I'm trying to find it on the web and there is f**k all!

EDIT: think I found it.

Audi S1

b**ch is on lunch, got to call back in 20 mins :( - these easy to fit?

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Seems to be easy enough.

Hacksaw/Drill and some screws.

172, Tiguan

Really?

Thats some going.

Gotta love the Crawley Down Group.

Is it made out of rubber?
I can't tell from the pics.

The original Renault splitter is a hard plastic anyway, hence they break so easy. I don't mind at £10 + vat a pop, but not at £100+ a go.

Many thanks to the original poster for finding this! :cool:

Barge

At 13 quid all in you could buy 13 of them a year and you'd just be hitting the cost of a Renault one. It's win win.

Audi S1

My local is ordering it in for me, going to call me once it's in stock :) he said next Wednesday though which is fine :)

Thanks OP