ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible new splitter found!! (Skoda Fabia)

DB.

BMW 440i
Re: Possible new splitter found!!

Which one is that?

I got mine from the Mansfield Road one in Notts

I typed in the postcode of the Mansfield Road one, and its right next to the Arnold Sainsburies :S

Im from Birmingham, dont know Nottingham too well. Is that not right?

RS RIP

Pr*ck. Better not be sold out. Lol!

There is a Skoda dealership RIGHT next to the Sainsburies i go to in Nottingham. Will phone them tomorrow.

ahhh do'nt worry it was my attempt to do a last minute April Fools joke :clown:

great little find this btw !!

DB.

BMW 440i

April fools have to be before midday otherwise it is you who is the fool lol x

I typed in the postcode of the Mansfield Road one, and its right next to the Arnold Sainsburies :S

Im from Birmingham, dont know Nottingham too well. Is that not right?
Erm I dont know, didnt see one :S ... I went past a B&Q on my way!
Im from Notts and I got lost, had to ring them up for directions lol!

MK3

Dynamiqueee

Why wouldnt it fit on a non sport bumper :S

Going by what everyone else has said, its very flexible to will fit pretty much anything

Reason i said that is i absolutely hate my front end, and doubt a splitter would improve it much! Think i'm going to give it a go though, havn't lost out on much if it doesnt look good

B

Bucko

I'll be popping in and ordering/collecting one on tuesday, assuming they still have them in stock!

I forget how lucky we are in Exeter to have Marsh Barton Trading Estate, apparently it's the largest collection of main dealers in Europe or something like that.

Nice find Squibby

Petrol Blue Clio182FF

Good find, think a trip to the local Skoda dealer on my lunch break tomorrow is needed :). Been after a cheap, good looking alternative after my cup splitter got broken on the motorway.

172, Tiguan

Picked mine up this morning. Totally different material to the standard Reno splitter, but looks good to me and I suspect will be slightly more forgiving against solid objects!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

FLOL... You're not in F1!? At what speed would you expect aerodynamics to come into play!?

Aerodynamics play a part at any speed - stick your head out of the window at 20 mph and see if your hair moves......

It's minimal I agree but the splitter does regulate air movement under the car, although it'd be improved by flattening the underside of the car also - it makes little difference but every bit counts.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

ps, can someone now find a solution to the steering wheel problem?

182 FF

This is awesome! Well done sir, making the call tomorrow. Do you need a ramp to install this?

172, Tiguan

Fitted, was getting dark by the time i finished, so excuse the phone pics.

Before:

0dc2bb63.jpg

After:

9a36723a.jpg

I actually drilled and riveted it on then trimmed with a new blade. Its on very firmly as I put a rivet on every tab. Those who have purchased will understand!

Last edited:
  182 FF

What size self tapping screws did you lot use, cant wait to fit it, has anyone treated theirs to appear glossier.

182 Trophy

Just picked mine up now...wohooo. Will put some pics up when fitted

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member

my cup splitter broke today, went to renault dealers they wanted £140+VAT, went down to skoda £11.36. it comes friday

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

i'll be getting of of these for when my CF one breaks.

Looking for 182

Just ordered mine and will be picking it up on Monday. It's cost about £12 or so :)

How many self tapping screws are needed?

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34

ordered mine yesterday, pick it up tomorrow. the parts guy said that there have been a few people coming in asking for this particular part.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Ive ordered all of the UK stock, i'll sell it for £50 more in a group buy coming soon.

182 FF

Getting mine tomorrow, are there holes in the clio bumper ready to screw into, where the original splitter used to sit, any other suggestions on screws?