ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible new splitter found!! (Skoda Fabia)

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Re: Possible new splitter found!!

Very good find! Just wish i had an RS bumper to put one on lol.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member

How would you fit it then?
Gaffa tape it on then drill straight through the splitter and the bumper,
or drill them both separately?

Im good with a socket set but drilling holes in my car is a bit daunting.

172, Tiguan

If you use self tappers then just drill a pilot hole or 10 through the splitter and screw through into the bumper. Easy peasy.

106 gti, RB 182 cup

hi guys sorry 9b9 like said above is just the colour code wasnt printed on the splitter itself. fitting is really easy centre of the splitter is easy to find as it got a tab slightly wider than the rest.
I cut all the hooky tabs down and secured on the parts i could with self tappers. The splitter also alows some flex as its not a hard compound like the cup splitter. Sorry about the confusion about the part number :eek:

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR

Collecting mine saturday lol, where did you get the french style number plates from?

A4 130

Barstools are closed over the weekend and wont get any in till tues!

Iceberg 172

Thats what my local one said. So I went to a different one which got me one in for today... Leaving my office in a minute to collect it and I'll fit it on Saturday when the mrs is at work! She's off tomorrow so we'll have to do something 'nice' lol!

RB & LY 182

ive just read this thread im now gutted and £127 + vat down went and bought the original cup one in march.:mad::mad:

great find looks the business :cool:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

ive just read this thread im now gutted and £127 + vat down went and bought the original cup one in march.:mad::mad:

great find looks the business :cool:

I'd get a Cup splitter if I could justify spending that much on a bit of plastic.

Iceberg 172

I've just picked mine up... It comes in a small square box as it is flexible.

Can't wait to fit it now.

Octavia vRS tfsi

I'm such a sheep. I ordered one this morning. Sick of looking at the Cupra one on the car. €19.61 +vat from an Irish dealer.

hi guys sorry 9b9 like said above is just the colour code wasnt printed on the splitter itself. fitting is really easy centre of the splitter is easy to find as it got a tab slightly wider than the rest.
I cut all the hooky tabs down and secured on the parts i could with self tappers. The splitter also alows some flex as its not a hard compound like the cup splitter. Sorry about the confusion about the part number :eek:

no need to apologise buddy, many thanks for the info!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

win i can get them at trade :cool: will get one next week :D

i'm sure this is a stupid question but what exctly is the point of putting a splitter on? i think the bumper looks better without and surely you're not really going to notice any improvements in performance?

RB FF 182

i'm sure this is a stupid question but what exctly is the point of putting a splitter on? i think the bumper looks better without and surely you're not really going to notice any improvements in performance?

Personal Preferance!

Why not buy a Kia Rio? Sure its a car and gets from A-B :)

Meg 250/E36 Touring

I bet these things have been sitting on a shelf somewhere for months - suddenly all being sold! Lol

Old doris's in Fabia's hitting lots of kerbs suddenly....;)

Iceberg 172

Performance!? FPMSL!

It's purely aesthetics! The Sport bodykit adds no performance gain... Purely looks.

Ph1 172 + Combo van

Ordered one a few days back. Looks quite alike the clio mk3 splitter but much cheaper option.:)

Iceberg 172

We knew it'd catch on! Thanks to me for the pics :eek:

Thanks to both of you! I'll be chuffed to bits once it's on on Saturday! Plus it's saved me £90 as I was going to order the KTEC CF one... which is when I saw Squibble's post on my thread regarding a replica Cup splitter!

b/g 182, meg tourer

i will be getting one of these very soon. my cup splitter has been held together with insulation tape for the last year! and i refuse to pay £100+ for a peice of plastic!

182 FF

wkd find,

i'll be ordering one.

this man deserves a prize, free membership admin?;)

106 gti, RB 182 cup

:) Well was curious at work and luckely it worked out for all of us!

Happy that everyone will now be able to afford a splitter at a fraction of the cost. Will hopefully see you all at fcs this year.

lol whiteley again thanks for the pics oh and the hot knife!

Reminds me joe81! must get membership this week!

DB.

BMW 440i

Right, Im going to order one tomorrow. :)

Well done to the OP! :) Ill give you a pat on the back at FCS. :)

RS RIP

just placed an order of 385 (!) of these this afternoon, good luck getting any now from anyone but me ! :D
It was all i had left to spend this month.

When i called SKODA Holland they stated i got the last ones, as it seemed they went in back-order because of being suddenly sold out in GB !? Seems they're quite popular , which i understand haha !

I'll have them on ebay tonight, no worries ;)

DB.

BMW 440i

Pr*ck. Better not be sold out. Lol!

There is a Skoda dealership RIGHT next to the Sainsburies i go to in Nottingham. Will phone them tomorrow.