ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible new splitter found!! (Skoda Fabia)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Re: Possible new splitter found!!

Didnt think Id need one... I do now!

182 FF

Just picked mine up, do i have to drill through the bumper on a 182, worried about doing it!

Help

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34

picking mine up now...will fit later

172, Tiguan

Yup, it depends how you are fitting it. If you use self tappers then just screw them in and they'll grip, if you are using rivets, then yes you'll need a pilot hole.

RB 182

Collected mine today.. chap turns up with a smaller than expected square box... once he opened it I then realised it was flexible lol... shall be fitting mine this weekend :)

I'm picking one up on Tuesday, just tried repairing my Cup splitter for the 4th time and it ended up in pieces.

When I mentioned what I was after the guy on the phone said "It's not for a Renault Clio is it" lol.

182 Trophy

Just fitted mine now, only took 10mins. I used 3.5x20mm self tapping screws (about 10 of them) & cut off each end flush with a sharp stanley knife.

Pics from Iphone so not that good quality

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 391
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 282
  RS200 Cup

i'm sure this is a stupid question but what exctly is the point of putting a splitter on? i think the bumper looks better without and surely you're not really going to notice any improvements in performance?

It will cut out some of the air that would normally go straight under the car, reducing the air pressure under the car and 'sucking' it down on to the road, at speed. It will provide a little extra stability and grip at cost of a bit more drag, because that air has to go somewhere will be pushed away.

From the pictures so far, they look somewhat soft and may flex at speed, reducing the effect, anyone care to comment?

S4 Avant

It will cut out some of the air that would normally go straight under the car, reducing the air pressure under the car and 'sucking' it down on to the road, at speed. It will provide a little extra stability and grip at cost of a bit more drag, because that air has to go somewhere will be pushed away.

From the pictures so far, they look somewhat soft and may flex at speed, reducing the effect, anyone care to comment?

While what you have said is in theory, very very true, the difference it makes on a Renault clio, which doesn't feature a flat undertray, rear diffuser or any other aerodynamic enhancing under garments, is about f*ck all.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

While what you have said is in theory, very very true, the difference it makes on a Renault clio, which doesn't feature a flat undertray, rear diffuser or any other aerodynamic enhancing under garments, is about f*ck all.

Lol:D
Picked mine up yesterday. Are people cutting off all those clip things before putting it on?

RS200 Cup

Completely true and valid. I would then speculate that such an effect as I described would be amplified in a car with a 'nose down' stance (which IMO a lot of Clios have) and nullified vice-versa. There are so many variables to consider and I'm not an aerodynamics expert. Perhaps if someone has access to a wind tunnel they could do some testing and construct some kind of conclusion.

IMO, RS wouldn't have put a splitter on the Cups just for looks (weight), I think they would, maybe for handling and probably just for money when they get broken. :rolleyes:

Looking for 182

I just picked mine up from Skoda for the sum of £11.78 (or something like that).

I also grabbed a bag of 2.5x20mm self tapping screws on the way back to the office as well.

I may well have a go at fitting it tonight, I hope I don't screw it up!!! (See what I did there?)

182 ff

I just picked mine up from Skoda for the sum of £11.78 (or something like that).

I also grabbed a bag of 2.5x20mm self tapping screws on the way back to the office as well.

I may well have a go at fitting it tonight, I hope I don't screw it up!!! (See what I did there?)

haha

B

Bucko

I ordered mine today for £11.97 inc. VAT, picking it up tomorrow.

The bloke didn't like the part number i gave him, after a little search he said it was 5JL 807 061 9B9

I hope it's the right one

Fiesta ST-2

My cup splitters in 4 pieces again so I've ordered this now! Anyone get funny looks collecting this for their "fabia" lol.

182 FF

Fitted, looks cool espescially on a silver 182, really outlines the bumper. I can put a pic up if required

Looking for 182

I fitted mine this evening. I don't know whether it is because I am crap at DIY or because I didn't jack the car up, but it took me nearly 2 hours and my hands are now in agony.

Here are some pictures of the fitting. Please excuse the poor quality, they were taken on an iPhone.

BEFORE:

img0935i.jpg

Car looks high because the front wheels are at the top of the drive where it levels out :)
img0936l.jpg

DURING:

Cutting the little tabs off so it can sit flush with the bumper
img0941t.jpg

Screws put into the splitter (I tried just screwing them whilst holding the splitter up to the bumper and it was impossible!)
img0940af.jpg

First few screws in
img0943f.jpg

AFTER (It was getting dark so these are crap quality):

Before trimming the excess off
img0945jo.jpg

img0948fe.jpg

img0946w.jpg

I need to sand down where I trimmed the excess off the splitter to make it smooth and in line with the lines of the bumper.

Petrol Blue Clio182FF

I ordered mine today for £11.97 inc. VAT, picking it up tomorrow.

The bloke didn't like the part number i gave him, after a little search he said it was 5JL 807 061 9B9

I hope it's the right one

I had the same problem today, found it easily on one system but he had to dial in on anther to find price and availability, this system didn't like the number, found it in the end though.

Currently 149 (well soon to be 148 :p) in stock at Skoda parts warehouse thing.

B

Bucko

They told me there was 149 in stock too, i wander what their stock count was 2 weeks ago? lol

Golf GT TDI

so what actually is the part number?

5J0 807 061 9B9

or

5JL 807 061 9B9

??????????

BG FF182

I got this one 5J0 807 061 9B9 from the local Skoda garage.

I don't know how people managed to fit it in such short amount of time, like you ScarySquirrel it took me a couple of hours too :S
Thinking the 20mm self tapers are a bit on the long side as mine have pushed the dirt guards up near the wheel arches!! I did get some of these to help keep the rubbish out of the screw heads http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...rtNumber=934231&Trail=searchtext>SCREW+COVERS

Looking for 182

I got this one 5J0 807 061 9B9 from the local Skoda garage.

I don't know how people managed to fit it in such short amount of time, like you ScarySquirrel it took me a couple of hours too :S
Thinking the 20mm self tapers are a bit on the long side as mine have pushed the dirt guards up near the wheel arches!! I did get some of these to help keep the rubbish out of the screw heads http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...rtNumber=934231&Trail=searchtext>SCREW+COVERS

Yeah I think some shorter screws would have actually made it easier.

I'm sure someone in this thread said they did it in 15 mins! They must have just taped it on!

I can't describe how annoyed I was getting :p

BG FF182

Yeah I think some shorter screws would have actually made it easier.

I'm sure someone in this thread said they did it in 15 mins! They must have just taped it on!

I can't describe how annoyed I was getting :p

Yeah I think some people must use a different clock to me, or maybe "no more nails!?!?!?" I gave up trying to do it with my head under the bumper and took it off in the end which made life easier. Might jack it up at the weekend and put some shorter screws in the outside holes, especially now everything is already tapped and lined up, now that should only take 15 minutes :rasp:

172, Tiguan

I'm not sure why people are cutting the tabs off, there's no need to do that.