ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rain sensor 182- can someone confirm…..?

Renault Clio 182
So i realised last night that my auto headlights don’t work and neither does the auto wipe function. It didn’t occur to me until later that something was missing from my windscreen! Seemingly the sensor and housing are not there. I pulled down the lining and found the wire tucked up behind it. It would seem that i may have an incorrect screen fitted as it doesn’t have the sensor cut out. Why anyone would accept this and remove the sensor is beyond me! Anyway, i have found a sensor and housing on ebay, but can anyone confirm if the screen has a bracket attached to it as i cant see how it would all fix to the screen? And im guessing i now need to buy a new windscreen !😡

Attachments

• IMG_5331.jpeg
    IMG_5331.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  Renault Clio 182
Found this image on another thread- is the beige frame part of the screen? Or is that a separate part i need to source?
IMG_5333.jpeg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
The auto wipers are pretty terrible so probably been coded out years ago.

Auto lights not bad but wouldnt personally spend a lot of money changing screen for them.

Renault Clio 182
Thanks for replying. Yeah fair enough comment that….. not bothered about the wipers really but always quite liked auto lights. Will see what a new screen would be for it a bit later down the line maybe!

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
is the beige frame part of the screen? Or is that a separate part i need to source?
It was about 4 years ago when I had mine replaced, but I'm 99% sure the plastic clip in your picture comes bonded on the screen. I've also recently had a new rain sensor replaced and that didn't have the plastic surround, rather it clips into it.

The Rain sensor is - P/N 8200063060

Renault Clio 182
It was about 4 years ago when I had mine replaced, but I'm 99% sure the plastic clip in your picture comes bonded on the screen. I've also recently had a new rain sensor replaced and that didn't have the plastic surround, rather it clips into it.

The Rain sensor is - P/N 8200063060
That’s awesome, thanks. I’ll probably source a sensor and see what a screen would be cost wise…. Accidental damage or otherwise ! It does look like something that would be bonded to the screen as the coul/cover for the sensor doesn’t have any fixings from what i can see. Thanks all 👍🏻

Renault Clio 182
That wire isnt for the wipers / lights. Its for the other interior temp sensor as Renault used two types for them.

The wire i found you can’t see in the pic very well, its connecter was in the lining. Ill have a look at the sensor connection to check. Cheers 👍🏻

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the auto wipers aren’t the best, mines still on its original screen so the gel pack hasn’t been messed with either.
I do quite like the auto lights though.
Both just feel like a little touch of luxury that’s sorely needed in a 182 IMO, even if they’re largely pointless.

Renault Clio 182
Yeah the auto wipers aren’t the best, mines still on its original screen so the gel pack hasn’t been messed with either.
Both just feel like a little touch of luxury that’s sorely needed in a 182 IMO, even if they’re largely pointless.
Yeah thats kinda how i feel about them. Also i think it will niggle me !

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
If you have windscreen cover you could look at accidentally cracking it 😅
Be a little bit careful doing that now as it goes as a claim on most insurance.

I claimed for the Kangoo one and they have mentioned it the last couple of years, doesnt seem to affect the price but unsure now. Dont give them any reason to increase price.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

I claimed for the Kangoo one and they have mentioned it the last couple of years, doesnt seem to affect the price but unsure now. Dont give them any reason to increase price.

Yeah mine was noted years ago but never seemed to affect the price.

Probably changed now like you say.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo

Id like to keep auto lights but normal wipers, mines on o.e screen but very hit and miss, always using them manually.

Been meaning to look if i can code it like that on clip - i think its both or nothing.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
The auto wipers are pretty terrible so probably been coded out years ago.

Auto lights not bad but wouldnt personally spend a lot of money changing screen for them.

I honestly love the auto wipers on mine. Clearly they are fucked because they are brilliant. It’s the only car I’ve ever driven where they are always at the right speed and don’t go into turbo skitzy GTi warp speed mode at random or with any more than light drizzle

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I honestly love the auto wipers on mine. Clearly they are fucked because they are brilliant. It’s the only car I’ve ever driven where they are always at the right speed and don’t go into turbo skitzy GTi warp speed mode at random or with any more than light drizzle
One off that defo. My dci is usually full speed on drizzle, or intermittent on heavy rain :LOL:

I think they were all a bit poor on that age. Mk2 meg not much better either. Mk3 meg 250 was bang on though on 60 reg, rain sensor must be miles better.

Renault Clio 182

How much do you guys reckon it would be ball park to just pay outright for a screen replacement? Ive seen some say wild stuff like £800!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Same here. My auto wipers have always worked perfectly 👍 I think the auto lights are pretty pointless and they've always been disabled.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Same here. My auto wipers have always worked perfectly 👍 I think the auto lights are pretty pointless and they've always been disabled.

Yeah mine work well, really sensitive so the lowest setting is all I use but they’re spot on.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure someone on here did it recently, they found a local screen replacement place and it was reasonable? Might be making that up, I'll have a search.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
This is what I'm thinking of, not sure if he means he had the world's most expensive windscreen excess, or if that was the cost if he hadn't gone through insurance though.

Renault Clio 182
This is what I'm thinking of, not sure if he means he had the world's most expensive windscreen excess, or if that was the cost if he hadn't gone through insurance though.
Thats not that bad at all- i can live with that. Cheers for finding the thread. I’ll give them a call and see if they cover my area