ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting Issues.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hi all,

Have a problem that's doing my head in.

Middle of December, I drove to a meeting, absolutely fine, came out of it and went to start the car. Would just chug but wouldn't fire. Two roofers ended up giving me a bump start and off it went. Got home, turned off, wouldn't turn back on again, fine.

Sprayed a tonne of quick start in to the air filter housing and it would fire up but then stall almost immediately.

Had it plugged in and it showed two errors:
Camshaft Sensor Signal, A tooth is missing.
And Track 2 throttle pedal.
(Also, check emissions has been on for a while).
I disconnected the camshaft sensor and it started fine, did that a couple of times on my drive and then it stopped again so went out and bought and replaced the sensor with a Bosch one. Car worked fine for the last 2 days, in fact better than every. All warning lights gone, no more check emissions, felt much more responsive but then... it has started doing the same thing this morning.
I have absolutely no idea what else to check.
Belts and waterpump etc were done around 6 months ago by a reputable mechanic that a few of you on here will know.

Any ideas on whats next to check?

Cheers