ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Porsche 991 GT3 Wrecked

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Just shows that deep wallets don't buy talent..

Such a shame!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
That looked lovely!

No idea what speed he was doing but it looks to of held up very well?

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
There is no way that damaged was caused by a 50mph collision ...

if the other car he hit head on was doing 50 and he was doing 50 thats a 100mph collision so i would say hes got away very lucky, and seeing as it was in a 60mph limit the other car could have been doing more.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
If you've read the thread on PH you'd have seen the drivers side of the story.

He was driving along at 50mph in a 60, following his wife who had their son in her car.

He had his daughter in the car with him as a passenger.

The car spun and hit an oncoming car. It was going to flip but hit a lamp post.

Witness following stopped to give statement to the police, which verified his story. All parties unharmed, although passengers had to be cut out of the vehicle he hit.

Insurance has paid out the 6 figure sum.

How do you spin a car @ 50 without driving like a tit

My Clio span at 35 MPH on the M60 in 2008 ish. I hit very deep standing water in torrential rain; the back end was already light as I had no seats/spare tyre in and I slowly did a pirouette into the side barrier. Luckily it was about 3am, so not many cars around. So yes, it can happen without driving like a tit. It can happen when driving perhaps above the speed the weather conditions dictate, which in my case was probably 15mph.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
My Clio span at 35 MPH on the M60 in 2008 ish. I hit very deep standing water in torrential rain; the back end was already light as I had no seats/spare tyre in and I slowly did a pirouette into the side barrier. Luckily it was about 3am, so not many cars around. So yes, it can happen without driving like a tit. It can happen when driving perhaps above the speed the weather conditions dictate, which in my case was probably 15mph.

Slightly different though, as there is no mention of bad weather or standing water.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
This is quite amusing. You suggest someone who has crashed was potentially driving like a tit, and next you post about doing over 100mph on a public road. Nice.

Woah there little pony, when did I say it was on a public road? get your facts right.

Was at Thruxton.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
My apologies, I've clearly made a presumption without all the facts...

...Oh wait ;)

Haha no worries, not sure what you mean by oh wait...

If weather or standing water was involved then fair enough, loads of billy's bin it from aquaplaning, usually because they panic & hit the anchors lol.

Haha no worries, not sure what you mean by oh wait...

If weather or standing water was involved then fair enough, loads of billy's bin it from aquaplaning, usually because they panic & hit the anchors lol.

People making assumptions without all the facts, as you've done with your first reply, insinuating he had to be driving like a tit to spin a car at 50mph.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
People making assumptions without all the facts, as you've done with your first reply, insinuating he had to be driving like a tit to spin a car at 50mph.

Fair point, I have read the article however & failed to see anything regarding what you've said, but it wouldn't be the first time something had been missed out.

Fair point, I have read the article however & failed to see anything regarding what you've said, but it wouldn't be the first time something had been missed out.

I would agree that in a lot of cases, being a tit and speeding is usually the presumed cause, especially on forums. However, without all of the facts, you are doing just that - making a presumption. There isn't anything in the PH thread to suggest what the cause was, which is why you've failed to see anything.

Ad

MK2 FRS
OP story is quite possible, it is a RW rear engined car with significant torques/bhp. I had plenty of scary moments with a 160bhp Elise and 147bhp VX220. Even slow speed impacts do a lot of damage. A fixed object like a telegraph pole can do significant damage with 30mph impact.

Shame as it is a stunning machine!